What electronics have broken down on you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chaos Knux said:
Might want to get the wires checked out.
I second that, 'cause I'm always forced to mess around with the wiring in most pairs of head phones that I've had. Whether it's soldering the wires back onto the speaker(s), (The wires would get ripped halfway off somehow.) or clipping off the worn-out jack and replacing it with a new(er) one. [sarcasm]Cheap crap FTW![/sarcasm]

I have already posted here, but as of now, I can toss in a DS R button. I know, use the edit button, but my Firefox crashed not 20 minutes ago as well.

- I go through many pairs of headphones a year.
- Since I got my 1st cellphone, I've had terrible luck with them. One was stolen, one was washed in the washing machine, and the third (my dad's old phone) just died for no reason.
- 1st PS2 broke after my cousin tripped on the controller cord and knocked it over.
- My Gameboy Color went just stopped turning on one day.
- My old Ipod speakers were drenched by a hose (Ipod wasn't, thank goodness)

My phat DS is awesome, I've had it since a few months after it's original release, it's fallen off a lot of things like bleachers and still works perfectly. But compared to other Phat DSs, it has lower brightness.

My laptop with a lot of my files on it.

Some GCN controllers don't work right, or have broken in half. Lots of them.

My Xbox 360 has. It has problems. It automatically turns off randomly. I don't know why. But when I'm playing a game. It's always turning off all of a sudden. It's still doing that. We're trying to figure out what's wrong with it.

Well, it didn't break, but it's an awesome story anyway.

My little brother was chasing my old dachshund through the house. The dog tripped over my GameCube's power cord (WHILE I was playing Super Mario Sunshine) and unplugged it. The GC did a complete sideways flip and landed face up. It was completely fine after that.

I've had a few things fail on me.

2 Sega Genesis - The first one the reset button broke and had a 5/100 chance working, the 2nd one the power button also broke, having to get an object to try and slide it to work.

GBA - The right button wore out & the A button is going that way too.

Gamecube controller - My A button is failing at times, and gets stuck occassionaly too.

2 PS1's - the thing that holds the disc in fell out, and the metal balls got seperated, and we had to find the parts, put it together, and stick it back in for it to work, that's until the 1st PS1 died itself, the second one was the same except the disc hold thing fell in half.

Chaos Knux said:
My DSLite's R button won't make contact properly and fails to function at all.

I had this problem, you may be able to nurse it back to health by pressing it constantly and just pressing harder (like, hand cramp harder) when it needs to be used, about an hour or two of doing that and mine started working fine.

The power system of a computer. Now replaced.
The leads of an battery.
A CD(well, I can't rejoin it with glue...)
And overheated two motherboards.

Two DS lites. One's top screen refused to show anything other then white, and the second's touch screen broke. Way to go, Nintendo.

Also, CD-RW drive started making these buzzing noises and made me think my computer was broken.

List of GhostZero's failures
gonk.gif

=================

New 750W PSU - Wasn't compatible with my Motherboard, then we spilled oil on it just before it was returned accidentally.

Laptop - Borked cooling system, and Windows 7 and Ubuntu fubar'd it.

Old desktop and laptop - Ahem, out of hdd space and only 256mb of ram.

2gb RAM stick - Static discharge

Microphone - broke the stand

Headphones - Broke my Dad's headset, broke several others

Internet - On several occasions, I've crashed our routers.

Left 4 Dead - Mucking around in my game files too much.

Gamecube - Touched the lens

DVD player - Left it running for a week straight on accident

3 cell phones - Washed and drowned.

Zune 30 - Killed the battery.

Current Desktop - Harddrive ticks constantly on start up when looking for the kernel, can take up to 5 minutes.

Wireless Adapter - Doesn't always work on startup/plugin.

Car Soda Holder - Broke it off exiting the car.

Animal Crossing DS - Accidentally put it in the trash.

Old Laptop's Keyboard - Broke 7 keys, only 3 actually came off.

Headset - Tangled itself up to where it went from 7 feet to 3 feet, microphone kills people's sound from time to time in servers.

Mom's Cell Phone - Spilled Milk on it, hasn't worked good since.

Nintendo 64 - Stuck my finger in the cartridge slot when I was 9, thankfully we have a second.

Super Mario 64 - Broke a savefile.

Mom's laptop - Virus

My computers at least once - Viruses

Laptop again - Changed some settings where it wouldn't boot on accident, had to reinstall.

PS1 - Didn't take care of it.

Action Replay - Friend was a downright douche after I let him borrow it, never returned it, and broke it.

Harry Potter for PS1 - Disc was scratched beyond repair.

DS - R button won't work

Gameboy Advance - Speakers are muffled.

Old ATI Radeon X300 graphics card - Touched the pins.

And I assure you, there is more.

Joeyl10 said:
and the second's touch screen broke
YES. That happened to my DS Lite too. :/ Luckily I now have a DSi though.

Oh, and my Dreamcast went kaput on me several years ago.

LET'S NOT FORGET THE EFFED UP PS1! -Shot.-

Super smash brothers brawl: My brother.

Mario kart wii: My brother

Game boy advance: My brother

Robo sapien: My brother

DS: My brother

Crash Bandicoot: My brother's teeth

Batteries: The stove, (put in there by my brother)

The ps2: The floor, (Take a guess how!! I'm not your slave!)

Joeyl10 said:
Ghost_Zero said:
Left 4 Dead - Mucking around in my game files too much.
Verify Game Cache next time you mess it up.

I did, but it screwed everything up so bad it didn't fix and I had to go in and delete the entire game folder before I did it again.

Also, my speakers broke not long ago, not sure why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back