Suggestions

I disagree H&S should be removed. What is happening is that the servers/game admins don't know how to manage a H&S gametype well in netgames. Even I've joined some H&S servers and had lots of fun.

If Knuckles is a problem, just force Sonic skin over everyone. Plus, using proper maps and creativity to choose good spots help a lot.

I don't see any problem with people talking in H&S: what'd you do besides F12ing each other and the IT? And I like to see people panicking when they're about to be hit. >:D

We already have this, somewhat: Knuckles fires faster than anyone else.
I think it would be good if you paid attention. He said also Sonic and Tails. But the entire point of changing Knuckles was to make him more balanced, so it's best not to change it.

Character balance is aimed at three modes: Single Player, Match, and CTF. It's pretty much ignored for everything else.

And thus, it should stay because the only justification is that you fail at it. Seriously, how do you just FALL in the lava so constantly? You gotta be a real klutz to just FALL in so much without being knocked in. Look before you thok, seriously. Hell, the fact that it punishes random thoking is what I love about it. As for Flame jet issues, that's gonna be fixed, IIRC. I never found the map to be unbalanced, and I know I am not alone in this thinking.

Okay, maybe my suggestion was a bit selfish and maybe I wasn't looking at the good sides of the map. (P.S. I play as Knux so I don't use thok)
But the flame jets still annoy me though and I'm glad those get fixed. Ugh, I was actually just outing some frustration about it, and nothing else. >.<' Ugh, I'm not feeling good today.

Aren't time attack records basically that? Most of your score is already determined by how fast you went through the zone, unless you're also constantly going into special stages / getting Perfect Bonuses, especially since Crawla-hopping has essentially disappeared.

An in-game worldwide time-attack records page wouldn't be bad, if that doesn't already exist.

Last edited:
Aren't time attack records basically that? Most of your score is already determined by how fast you went through the zone, unless you're also constantly going into special stages / getting Perfect Bonuses, especially since Crawl-hopping has essentially disappeared.

An in-game worldwide time-attack records page wouldn't be bad, if that doesn't already exist.
Think of the Classic Hi-score tables of Arcade games and that's what I'm requesting.

Have the Koopa Shells able to trigger the Mario blocks if they don't already.
A Koopa Troopa so we can find more shells.

Hide and Seek is not being removed. Learn how to manage your servers, kthx. There are only two standing exploits, both of which are easy to avoid if you are willing to put out a modicum of effort. (i.e. banhammer for corner stacking / endlevel to end the round early if the IT player leaves) If this is too hard of a concept for some of you to grasp, you can wait until 2.0.5 where both problems are fixed. Until then, I'll enjoy hosting Hide and Seek netgames.

glaber said:
In that case, remove them both, we're never going to get those types of maps any way.

I love your attitude. Definitely the way to go when you want one of your suggestions implemented.

Think of the Classic Hi-score tables of Arcade games and that's what I'm requesting.
There's one, dramatic, major problem with this. Most efficient method to rack up high scores:

1. Grab Armageddon Shield.
2. Get lots of points.
3. Get extra life.
4. Die & repeat.

Sonic scores are kinda meaningless if you can die to get them. Time Attack forces you to clear the stage in one life for a reason.

[23:21] <Kaysakado> You know what Tidal Palace needs?
[23:21] <Kaysakado> Ledges that you can only jump to underwater
[23:21] <Kaysakado> because of the higher jump height
[23:21] <Kaysakado> and caves you can only enter while non-flooded
[23:21] <Kaysakado> because of floating platforms that seal them when the water rises
[23:21] <Kaysakado> brb suggestions topic
10char rararar

[23:21] <Kaysakado> because of floating platforms that seal them when the water rises
[23:21] <Kaysakado> brb suggestions topic
You do realize you have the same jump height underwater as you do above water, right? You only have a higher jump height if you LEAVE the water while jumping up.

The ability to change gravity by thing, and which way the gravity goes, so the player could be normal, upside down, sideways, and on a diagonal. The gravity should be adjusted depending on the angle of the thing. I said this on the IRC and told it was a good idea, so I posted it here.

The ability to change gravity by thing, and which way the gravity goes, so the player could be normal, upside down, sideways, and on a diagonal. The gravity should be adjusted depending on the angle of the thing. I said this on the IRC and told it was a good idea, so I posted it here.

Sideways and Diagonal gravity would not only require a bit more work than necessary, but would require TONS more sprites. I don't think it's worth it.

[23:21] You know what Tidal Palace needs?
[23:21] Ledges that you can only jump to underwater
[23:21] because of the higher jump height
[23:21] and caves you can only enter while non-flooded
[23:21] because of floating platforms that seal them when the water rises
[23:21] brb suggestions topic
You do realize you have the same jump height underwater as you do above water, right? You only have a higher jump height if you LEAVE the water while jumping up.

Additionally, the sealing-off-caves idea might be unfair for Hide and Seek...

[23:21] <Kaysakado> brb suggestions topic 10char rararar

Seeing as the jump height doesn't actually get higher, maybe there should be some very high platforms, only reachable with springs while underwater.
Because you get elevated much higher if you hit a spring while underwater, and then get launched out of the water.

Something like this:
suggestion.png

Excuse my horrible drawing skills.

Here's a real trivial suggestion: Change the color of the DSZ mines to be more rusty, to differentiate them from the sleek silver ones in ERZ, and to make it more believeable that they've been underwater for some time.

Also, maybe a couple of moving fish scenery objects, like in Sonic Rush's Water Palace. Could even be a bustable animal (in this case, a seal would probably be more appropriate).

And while we're on the topic of water-related things, a floating platform that slowly sinks when the player is on it.

Last edited:
IRC said:
[17:00:38] <Senku> I'd rather see each shield have an element again and give Armageddon ALL elements, this being you choose to either keep the shield and hope not to lose it and get through obstacles, OR use it and get points
[17:00:54] <Senku> Course you can't breathe in water and space
[17:01:07] <RedEchidna> I wanna see that
[17:01:25] <RedEchidna> So
[17:01:38] <Senku> Also no spin trail for Arma
[17:01:43] <RedEchidna> :P
[17:02:05] <Senku> Just elemental protection

This way we can Keep separate elemental damages for more variety.

Pastebin/txt File said:
Flame Shield : [Color] Red/Orange, [Protection] Fire/Lava, [Hit] 1, [Special] Flame trail, [Weakness] Turns to smoke from water
Air Shield : [Color] Blue, [Protection] Water/Slime, [Hit] 1, [Special] Infinite breath, [Weakness] N/A
Attraction Shield : [Color] Yellow, [Protection] Electricity, [Hit] 1, [Special] Attract rings, Shocks anything in the water it touches [Weakness] Shorts out in water
Whirlwind Shield : [Color] White, [Protection] N/A, [Hit] 1, [Special] Mini jump, [Weakness] N/A
Armageddon Shield : [Color] Black/Lavender, [Protection] All Elements, [Hit] 1, [Special] Trigger explosion, [Weakness] N/A
Force Shield : [Color] Cyan, [Protection] N/A, [Hit] 2, [Special] Reflect, [Weakness] N/A
Basic Shield : [Color] Green, [Protection] N/A, [Hit] 1, [Special] N/A, [Weakness] N/A

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 11, Members: 0, Guests: 11)

Back