• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

New graphics mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob

Would be the first, I believe? I could be wrong.
But I plan on doing a total makeover of most of SRB2's sprites, floors, etc. that need it (Naturally barring Eggman, and possibly enemies).
It's currently mostly a compilation of some recent graphics (which I released earlier), with some extras thrown in. ;) I'd like some feedback, and am open to suggestions on what I should do. (No, I will NOT be changing the key or emeralds. I like them and they are staying.)

Well, here it is.
http://fhwn.sepwich.com/srb2dx/files/DFX.zip

Hmm...I don't like that sp stage texture. It's too bright on the eyes. Also, it's very hard to see the rings on that texture.

Its pretty neat, I especially like that the emeralds are actually, emeralds, and the emerald "keys".
Good work!

While you probley cant read this case of my bad gramer. I got an idea.Coulde you make eggmans robots look like the ones from sonic heros.And some new music would be cool.

I might change the enemies...But I really wouldn't use Heroes enemies. Music isn't what his is designed for. I may add some sound effects, but no, I'm not going to add music.

Anyone know why the emeralds don't work right on the stage clear screens after Special stages? I can't find any sprites outside of emeraldhunt sprites...Are they used in that screen?

Dark Warrior said:
Shadow Hog said:
SCREENSHOTS.

Why? It'd take longer to load them than to actually download the file.

You also have to take into account the time it takes to also load the file into SRB2 then look at all the graphics.

Screenshots = About 3-10 seconds on broadband, depending on how many screenshots there are

Downloading the actual file = About 3 seconds to download it then about 20-30 seconds opening and loading the wad into SRB2, then anywhere from 3 to 30 minutes seeing the visuals you want.

Also, what if the person looking at this topic doesn't currently have access to SRB2 at the moment?

The point is, some people (like myself) don't download without a screenshot. I want to know the contents BEFORE I download it.

Bouncey said:
While you probley cant read this case of my bad gramer. I got an idea.Coulde you make eggmans robots look like the ones from sonic heros.And some new music would be cool.

Sence that mesage was ignored I quoted it.

Bouncey said:
Bouncey said:

Sence that mesage was ignored I quoted it.

Wow, you can't spell nor read :roll:
Dark Warrior said:
I might change the enemies...But I really wouldn't use Heroes enemies. Music isn't what his is designed for. I may add some sound effects, but no, I'm not going to add music.

Anyone know why the emeralds don't work right on the stage clear screens after Special stages? I can't find any sprites outside of emeraldhunt sprites...Are they used in that screen?

You were not ignored, just look more closely next time. :wink:

The stars are better than the stars in the game!
I like the idea with the specialstage keys(Sonic Heroes) :wink:
The emeralds are good but only appear in the specialstage.
But the specialstagefloor is only recolored!

I just threw together some sprites from the game and recolored them. >_>
I was thinking more Sonic Advance 3 with the key...But it does appear in heroes.
I don't know why the emeralds are like that, and I DID ask for an answer as to why...>_>
I threw it together in 20 seconds...I'm going to improve it, it's just not a priority right now (Think of a finished SAKnux before this is finally done)

For the emerald problem, I think the emerald screen sprite might be seperate to the in-game sprite. Maybe if you changed both...

Fine, I give up.
Screenies:

INV1.png

INV2.png

Key.png

NewFloor.png

Emerald.png

He's 3/5ths complete. But because someone's been stealing wads and passing them on as their own, I only give out the beta link on IRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back