Dreams and storys...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE

I was the ... Grandson of a husband and wife with a grand boating company... Not so much boating as it was a cruse line, actually... But today things were a lot... darker... then in my childhood...

My family was going out of buisness, it was to the point where we only had a single ship left, only half-full with unformal guests... When it was time to set sail, we all boarded grandma's old, old ship, which was showing its age far worse then she was...

The waterway we used to get out to the ocean was mossed over very much, with only a clear path the size of the boat, as though it were a track of sorts. It's a good thing the moss wasn't something solid, because it was all scraping up against the sides of the boat, as though it were trying to bring her down... But then... We didn't go out into the ocean at all, for some reason... We simply headed down this little 'river' in the middle of the land of moss a long ways until we were on someone else's land, whom I had memorys of...

The land was once a very bright and happy place, something of a farm and a daycare combined, run by only a single husband and wife... Today it was very dark and dreary, as was the rest of the world... The land was cold and desolate, but we solemly walked on... We passed by a very old man with more wrinkles on his face then bits of moss in the ocean... The wife was apparently long dead... He merely watched us pass with a sad, somewhat... grim... face, saying nothing to any of us...

We then passed by what appeared to be a small children's playground... It was definately fall, there were leaves gently blowing all around the floor... There was a single child on a circular swing, something of a fast-moving ferris wheel... being pushed by the wind, apparently... For he was moving around and around, gently going up and down as he went...

I stopped to point out how creepy the single child on the creeking swing was to the group of people, when all of a sudden I began to wake up... I could feel it... And there was nothing I could do to stop it...

The group of people turned to face me, their own faces sad, dark, and gloomy, as if they were out on a suicide cruse themselves... As if there were no tomorrow... Almost as if they knew they were merely parts of my dream and would cease to exist in mere moments...

The whole thing was too much for me, I began to wake up faster... I cursed opening my mouth as I faded from that plane of existance... Only to wake up in my dark room at 3 am, unable to move for a few moments due to my smooth wakeup... It was more of an astral projection then it was a dream, after all, and my waking up was as smoothly blended in as you could imagine...

Dreams and other works of fiction, as beautifully written as you can muster... Give me your greatest, darkest, disturbing or simply scary dreams... Nothing too gross or vulger, though... Add to this dream, even, if you can manage to match it's beauty...

I just can't think of a description to describe how that made me feel.
I guess some combination of wierd, amazed, surprised, and a little bit freaked out.

Anyway... I don't recall ever having any scary/dark dreams... Which shocks me, since I figure I would've had a Resident Evil/Silent Hill based-dream by now. Those freaked me out...
I think this is the first time I've seen JTE be like, mondo-serious. It's wierd.

stories*
Just wanted to point that out. *wink*

There was one dream when I was a wee little lad, of about six years or so. (I'm not shakespearian, I can't write it like JTE did.)

I was in a monochromatic world, all whites, greys, and blacks, a world where there was no saturation, no hue. I was on the doorstep of our old church. I peeked inside. Nothing. Nothing to gratify my existance. Hastily, seeing this, I crept inside and, without the slightest motivation as to what I was actually planning to do there, I went down the stairs to the church basement, which considted of a little open gymnesium-type space where the monday night karate class presently teaches. About halfway down the stairs, a lady in a torn black coat and a pointy black hat appeared out of nowhere. She forcefully picked me up, and then she twirled me around her finger as if I was a yoyo that she didn't know how to use. The whole time, she was screaming "I AM THE WITCH OF CAMELOT!!1!11!!!!" at the top of her lungs. This went on for about ten secconds, and then I woke up. That was the end of that.

One thing really creeps me out about this dream. When I woke up, I distinctly remember having one of those retinal after-images (like the type of stuff that you get when you've stared at light too long) of about one hundred pitchforks on their side; neatly arranged into rows and collumns as if an army of giants had laid them down there.

Mom didn't get much sleep that night.

Hmm... Now that I think about it, about a year after this dream, Mom and Dad decided to change the church we go to because they didn't like what the pastor was teaching. Is that creepy or what?

It is said that black and white dreams are the only true "dreams", but I believe there is no such thing. Dreams are actual events taking place in that of another dimention, the matter which is easily modelled by your thoughts. Being unconsious, your subconsious mind normally renders images expressing itself symbolically in a way only the dreamer can understand (It is up to the dream interpreter to simply check all possible interpretations, while the dreamer decides which one it truely ment)...

But in some cases, it is apparent that some greater force has taken control and this unknown being shows you other things, which can be anything from symbolic representations of the future to signs of things you must change or else face dire consequences. I believe these are the dreams which are black and white, as they seem to be so very rare (At least, for me) and you often find yourself doing things without having any real reason to, whereas normal dreams often give you a set of false memorys to go on.

Thank you for your kind words on my writing skills. Lacking in all things physical, my mind is the only thing I have left to impress people with... And if I fail to become a grand programmer for some reason, I have writing to fall back on, as much as I dislike it at times...

As for my seriousness, I am always very serious about these subjects, if nothing else, because I have had many strong experiences that have demand for respect. I have seen death from the other side, I have seen angels and demons, and I have learned more about the nature of this universe then any sane person can handle, I'm sure. Of course, I cannot force you to believe me, the most I can do is treat my words with such seriousness that you truely know that I am honest in all that I say.

That's deep, man.

Anyway, I've had a few bad dreams, though pretty much all of them were videogame-induced and aren't really worth mentioning in light of the mood of the topic. Either way, one dream I can recall off the top of my head involves me running through a twisting, endless cave while being chased by a Gayla from Final Fantasy 8. And in another dream, which was much scarier, one of those violin monsters from this ancient computer game (I think it was called Eastern Mine... Anyone know what I'm talking about?) flew out of my closet and attacked me and my mom. I know it doesn't sound all that scary, but ever since I saw the ad for that game in some random PC magazine, I could never go into a dark room alone.

I've literatly have had dreams of the one picture from Sonic CD.

Awkward... I can't find any traces of Eastern Mine anywhere on the internet. That's kinda creepy.

Whoah, this is just plain weird.
Anyway, I don't recall having nightemares or "bad dreams" in a long time ago. That including my brother purchasing RE3 and I watching it from the beggining to the end.
I just started to sleep with the TV off 4 days ago.
Well, by dreams, I have probably some of the wackiest dreams.
I'm in a situation and then, the entire subject of the dream is lost, starting a new "plot".
I'll resume all the explanation above with 3 words:
I AM CRAZY[/size]

I have had extremely wacky dreams before.
I have had extremely erotic dreams before.
I have had many bad nightmares before.

Arf, you're not as crazy as me. :)
firemario1001, you don't masturbate enough.

"Nightmare" is very loosely defined and they are somewhat unpredictable. Like, I watched The Nightmare Before Christmas when I was younger. It wasn't very "scary", according to my memorys of my thoughts on the subject, just creepy sometimes. But 3 days later (And the surprizing part is that it took 3 days instead of either happening the first 2 days or never) I had a 'nightmare' about the ebil boogyman. Filled with roaches. Eww. Disgusting, but not really SCARY, I mean, it's just a bunch of talking rags filled with bugs... Yet I had a nightmare about it. When I woke up, I was like "Wtf, I'm not scared of a bunch of stupid roaches, why did I have a nightmare about that?" ... ... ... In fact, I'm not the least bit afraid of anything except for flowers. And I mean that. I hate flowers. I don't know why. And I'm pretty sure if they rotated like the ones in GreenFlower Zone, I would be even more afraid of them. They make my skin squirm.

I was on a road trip with a bunch of gamer geeks and my mom... We stopped at some place to rest for the day and whatnot, so there was a lot of boys playing videogames and such... I watched, myself, and eventually there were only two of us left, me and the boy I was watching... So, fearing the rest had left without me, I ran down to where the bus was parked...

Luckily, there were still a few people in a line getting on the bus. So I got on the line... And for some reason blacked out right there. Suddenly, I was out on the highway biking with the other boys... Why we didn't have the bus anymore was something I didn't bother asking... But anyway, I had this two-person bike with my mom on the back of it... It was a nice cold night and I could feel the breeze as it blew accross my face... The highway was empty except for us, so there was nothing to worry about... And I had all the energy in the world, too. We could go on like this forever...

But then, dreams were never meant to last forever. I was collecting these ... things... I can only describe as a collection of Taz-like creatures... Which my mother and I had set loose somehow and were floating around like half-inflated balloons... After I collected 4 or 5 of them (Though I don't remember how I did so), I suddenly found myself behind my mother... Who was now the driver of the bike while I was stuck hugging her to hold on because for some reason the seat had turned into a banana seat instead of having a two seated bicycle...

She said she felt close to me... I said it was because I was right there behind her... She said she felt closer to me then that... She turned to face me with her eyes wide and mouth loose and said "It is almost as though you're ... Dead." ... That was a very scary thing to happen, to be sure, but it wasn't enough to wake me up. There was more...

A few moments later I found myself on the front again, peddling rather hard to keep up, my energy beginning to run low, but the bike was still a banana seat, my mom hugging me from behind... I looked up and saw a small cube ... thing... in the sky... It was more of a purple or dark grey then black, and it was almost directly above us... A large hole of light appeared below it and out from that hole came forth about 14 flying things which could only be described as modern fighter jets in a triangle formation...

They came straight down until they were only 300 feet in the air or so and then swooped upwards so they were situated directly above us and heading our direction, each ship over a bike... Ready to attack... ... ... But my mom was clearly in a dream world, you see. Either that or she was plain insane. She looked up at them, waved excitedly as though a tourist waving to the locals, and yelled at the top of her lungs "HIIIII ALIENS!!!"... ... ... My god, if that's not the worst thing you can do in such a situation, I don't know what is...

Immediately they began firing on us. Noone else, just the bike with me and my mom. From hatches of yellow light they dropped orange glowing spheres which moved down at a speed of about that of a car on a highway... I didn't want to find out what they did, so I ran us off the road, into what looked to be a dense forest... My mom yelled "No, no, it's okay! I like being taken by the aliens, it's fun!"... I responded with a sharp "NO"... I was not about to let my mother go and not know if she would even survive to be able to come back, would you?...

Soon we came to what looked to be an open, empty field... That's no security when you're being chased from above... My mom continued her plee for me to stop, but I ignored her... I was almost completely void of energy at this point, but I had to keep going on... For my mother... ... ... For a lack of cover from the trees, I had to continue moving as erraticly as I could, swerving whenever I looked like I was going one way to go another way, a skill I learned from the spare few netgames of SRB2 I'd played...

And it worked, for the most part... Nearly every time I swerved, a moment later a beam was in the place where we would've been if I hadn't... I had decided to try and duck back into the forest and hide in there, possibly going on foot for a bit, to regain my energy... I was almost there, but it came time to swerve again... And I cut the turn too fast... We fell on our side, completely helpless to what may happen next... I looked at my mother's face for what could be the last time... She had her eyes half closed in a dreamy way, and she reassured me that everything was alright... She petted my hair a little, which was somewhat disturbing at this time for some reason... And a beam came down on her... My mother was quickly absorbed into an orange sphere and taken back up to the "fighter jet" that had fired it... Her sphere turned a pinkish red with her inside it and I saw her leaning against the edge staring at me as she went up...

Then they all flew away... Leaving me all alone, on the edge of a clearing of forest, safty just feet away, with nothing but a mangled bicycle to tell me answers to even the simplest question of where I was... I lay there... on the grass... bleeding in various places... Defeated. There was nothing left to be done, really, there was nothing left to live for except the hope that my mother may return... Some day...

But no, the dream wasn't quite over yet, lets see what happened to my mother!... When she arrived on the ship, the gate to the outside world closed and she found herself in a very dark room, with little source of light except for the orb she lay in... After a few moments of uncertanty, out of the shadows suddenly came the face of a dry grey-skinned alien with large black lenses for eyes and a small mouth through which it moaned a deep moan... This made my mother GIGGLE... Why in the world would you GIGGLE at such a thing?...

Anyway, the lights faded on and she found herself in something of a control room, with 4 or 5 other grey-skinned aliens puhing a rainbow of flashing buttons and each staring at a miniature something resembling a holographic map of the land below them... They didn't talk to eachother, so I only assume they either didn't need to communicate with eachother or communicated via some telepathy... They each were wearing dark black robes, and some of them had more of a black jumpsuit and cape. Of these fancier ones, there were only 2 which had chiniese dynasty frills on the shoulders on which 4 inches of the edges were purple, as well as the bottom edge of the cape... I assume the variations of what they were wearing represented class or job or something else like that...

The one which my mother giggled at was wearing one of the fancier robes with the purple edges, and it picked her up with one hand ... It didn't look like he actually touched the orb, though, it was more of the thing you'd see someone in a movie using telekinesis pull off... Anyway, he picked up my mother's orb with her still inside and walked through several fancey sci-fi spaceship-like doors into a room... This room was very beautiful, resembling something of a beach from PSO's "Caves 2" map, with lots of marble and small plants lineing the edge of the water and such...

The alien effortlessly flingged my mother into the small pool of water, and her orb was immediately attached to a chain of orange ones anchored to the edge of the pool. My mother let out a small "Whee!" as this happened and the alien told her to shut up. He didn't actually SAY anything, though. I watched his small lips remain motionless as he told her to be quiet, after all. So she did... And he left, leaving her apparently alone in the room... ... ...

Then she pushed her orb under the surface of the water somehow and got a clear look at this big green GIANT laying peacefully at the bottom of the pool... Of course, she yelled "HELLO!" to it and waved like a maniac... What WAS my mother on? I want some... Anyway, this act of yelling caused the giant green cyclops man to wake up... And he rose to the surface, making large waves and water splashing sounds as he did so. But my mother remained attached to the side of the pool by the chain... When the green giant reached the surface, he slowly sat up and then looked down at my tiny mother in her little red orb... He picked her up and the orb barely filled the palm of his hand. My mother yelled "HI, I'M AN ALIEN! ^_^" in an overly cute Hello Kitty fashion. The giant grunted at her... Who knows what he was planning to do with the noisy little woman who just disturbed his sleep for no reason whatsoever... ... ...

But then, I would never find out, as I woke up at this point... ... ... The scene where the giant surfaced played over and over in my head at least 3 or 4 more times until I was awake and simply imagining the dream was replaying itself. Ah, another day, another freakish dream to write about.

That dream rocked, in my opinion. I would love to have such a dream. :P
Anyways, I don't have any dreams to share... and if do remember a dream so night, it'd probably suck, and I probably won't want to share it... and etc.

I was on the highway in a bus thing with my mother and grandfather and sister and brother and some other people and everyone was all drunk-like but we weren't driving crazy or anything so I didn't mind. I had some food but I wasn't really hungry, so I didn't eat much, it included french fries and pasta sauce, mmm.

It was twilight, with the sun just below the horizon but the light still there and the highway was more like a back road everyone was speeding down at 80 mph and this poor dude was trying to cross the street and barely able to fit between the cars as they passed and such and we went over a bridge and everyone went "waaaAAH" and I did too, except I really said it, so suddenly I was awake in my bed, with my sleeping body still paralysed, making note that the truck noises I was hearing in my dream were apparently a dump truck outside and such. Ah well.

I reassured myself that I wasn't really paralysed and could just get up as if awakening from a nightmare if I wanted to, and thus was able to move again. This is actually the third dream I've had today, I didn't make note of the first dream because it wasn't interesting.

I have nothing but bad dreams anymore. But I miss being younger, when I'd wake up, being scared, sweat pouring down my face... I just don't get scared anymore. Now when I wake up I just think 'Huh, I could probably use that in my next comic' or something.

I miss being afraid. But I suppose it tells you something about a guy if they have nothing but nightmares every night of their life. Oh well.

There was this one dream when I was 8.

I was in a parking lot. This guy came near me, he asked me, "Do you got a knife?" I walked away. I went into a supermarket or something that was near the parking lot, when I exited it, the guy jumped out and stabbed me.

Not having dreams is better than what I get. I often dream I'm trying to fall asleep or something equally sucky.

I remember a recent time when I had just gotten out of bed just to wake up and do it all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back