Status
Not open for further replies.

Spirit Dragon

GameN'WatchComms Co-Host
22569-85842-supermario64virtualconsole20070131013938559jpg-468x.jpg
Fly on lil' plumber. Fly on.

Do you miss this game?

Last edited:
Maybe a glitch or hack? Its very common for people to use those cheating devices.
Anyways, I play this game on my DS occasionally. Trying to get all stars again after someone on my bus deleted it.

Man, does this bring back memories, when I was 6, the Eel (Unagi) and the Manta (Name Unknown) scared the living daylight out of me. As well as other water-related NPC's. Yes, I was even afraid of Dorrie. But there were also some bright sides to the game. It was serious fun, my friends would ask to come over and play it. The level design was fun to explore, my favorite level would have to be Hazy Maze Cave, or whatever.

And? Does anyone else get frustrated with people who whine about a lack of a major reward for 100% completion?

I remember having a ton of fun with the tiny reward for 120 stars in Super Mario 64.

Of course, I played that game to death. What a phenomenal game, especially when it came out.

I got all 150. IT IS A PIECE OF CRAP. Nothing good happens at the end.
Uh, how about satisfaction of completing it? If you can play nearly every mission in different ways, I don't see why'd you complain.

Anyways, Mario 64 is a phenomenal game, especially when you consider the time it was made.

The only "stuck" moment i've had in the game was the maze. There wasn't a straightforward clue on what to do and where to go. The whole level was a Carnival Night Zone moment.

Consider that at the time the only rival games were Crash Bandicoot and NiGHTs, which IMO aren't near the epic fun of Mario64.

Last edited:
You can fly if you use gameshark. I use it all the time with PJ64. You can choose any combination of hat power to have, while at the same time, choose to be wearing the hat or to be holding the hat with your hand.

I'm also one of the few people who hate the reward for 100% completion. It actually started with Sonic Heroes. Not only was it glitchy, but the true reward for finishing their Hard mode is a "Thank you for playing!" screen. I got back to unlocking once I had a 360, and for unlocking Brawl challenges.

You see, the thing is, I would get 100% completion in a good game regardless of the quality of the reward. I get 100% completion because I enjoy the game, not because I get something out of it. So when Super Mario 64 doesn't really give you anything for getting everything, this really doesn't bother me. Simply unlocking the cannon and giving the player a wing cap to mess with outside is still entertaining.

I hit an invisible wall and died. I guess it wasn't a good idea to ground pound from like 3600 ft. in the air.

I was a little late in playing the game, since I didn't get a N64 until smash Bros came out. Before that, I played it a lot at Blockbuster, so much that they often had to kick me out. I never actually got the game, I was too busy with Goldeneye to care anyway.

When I got it on Virtual Console, it didn't take long to get all the stars, still proved harder than any newer Mario game though.

I thought Mario was just long-jumping off the top of the stairs. *shrugs*

I got the DS version of this game, and I had a lot of fun with it.

I've done the "flying" thing before, the person triple jumped and turned at the right moment and took the picture so it looked like he was flying when he really was flipping.

I got all 150. IT IS A PIECE OF CRAP. Nothing good happens at the end.

Lolwut. Either your game is messed up or your talking about the DS version.

Seriously though, I prefer the N64 version. The DS version was still good but it just didn't have the feel the original one had.

It annoys me when people call an update inferior to the original version just because it "doesn't have the charm:.
I think the DS version is better because of the four characters.

I forget if there was any real advantage to actually playing as the different characters over just playing as Yoshi and using the different caps. As far as I'm concerned, Yoshi was the only worthwhile addition to the game. Separating flying, metal, and invisibility into different characters was an exercise in stupidity, it's more irritating than anything. Making Yoshi playable, on the other hand, was exactly the sort of thing players wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back