SRB2 Reversed Modification *Update*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vash

This is the modification to the normal game SRB2, but makes almost(Yes, almost, I didn't change everything... well, except for the unlockables. ;) ) everything reversed.

Main parts changed:
Switched the player starts, exit sector, and end sign.
Reversed the checkpoint flags so that one checkpoint doesn't activate all others(Coop) or makes a buzzing sound(Race).
For Race: Moved the player starts to the other side of the Finish line.

Minor parts changed:
Added some springs to parts that are hard/impossible to get to with Sonic.(For Techno Hill Zone 1, Toxic Citadel Zone, and Heaven Pass.)
Moved the door in CEZ1 to the normal(Not reversed version.) start area.
EDIT 4: For SRB2CorrectlyReversed and SRB2TimedReversed, the maps are put in order from CEZ2 to GFZ1 without the bosses.
For SRB2TimedReversed, I have added a countdown. It goes from 6 minutes to 1 minute, depending on which map you are in, so you better hurry or else you could get a game over.

I couldn't get all of the parts reversed... I was just trying to get most of them done, without making too much of a huge change.

Reversed maps: Greenflower Zone 1, Greenflower Zone 2, Techno Hill Zone 1,[ADDED] Techno Hill Zone 2 [/ADDED], Castle Eggman Zone 1, [ADDED]Castle Eggman Zone 2[/ADDED], Quicksand Ruins Zone, [ADDED]Tainted George Zone[/ADDED], Fertile Canyon Zone, Toxic Citadel Zone, Frozen Night Zone, Metallic Hall Zone, Heaven Pass Zone, and Sonic Circuit Zone.

Note: Some routes are not able to get to with this wad added.
Note2: Every map is passable with all three main characters, you might just need more skill to complete the map.

EDIT: You know what? If you think that this is not reversed, then here are the screenshots:
GFZ1 Beginning:
GFZ1 End:
GFZ2 Start:
GFZ2 End:
THZ1 Start:
Addition in THZ1:
THZ1 End:
CEZ1 Start:
Door movement for CEZ1:
CEZ1 End:
Quicksand Ruins Zone:
Fertile Canyon Zone:
Toxic Citadel Zone:
Addition in Toxic Citaldel Zone:
Frozen Night Zone:
Metallic Hall Zone:
(Not added by me, but would be nice to show you that there are springs):
Heaven Pass Zone:
Addition in Heaven Pass Zone:
Sonic Circuit Zone:

Known Issue: The door in CEZ1 will automatically open up when you get near it, and will not even open when you hit the switch. EDIT3: There is no more door in this map, I decided to "get rid of it."
Download link(Only sendspace for right now):
sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/b3b0rl

EDIT2: Fixed the filesize, it is now at 5.82MB, and not 33.3MB.

EDIT3: The newest version is now up. Filesize=About 2MB.(MUCH lower, thankfully. ;) ) The unlockables will not be reversed. Please do not ask me to reverse them.

EDIT4: I have now added two more download links, one for SRB2CorrectlyReversed, and one for SRB2TimedReversed.

EDIT5: Fixed the sig sev problem of the SRB2CorrectlyReversed and SRB2TimedReversed, also reuploaded SRB2Reversed.

EDIT6: New links, one mod. I decided not to make SRB2TimedReversed this time, and removed SRB2Reversed. This also has some bugs in it that were fixed, and some more bugs that were added. See page three for more information.

EDIT8: New link again. Thanks to Senku, there is now backwards music...that isn't fully finished. No Megaupload link this time. Why? It'll take too long to upload. (And by the way, sorry for the 10MB increase. D: Blame Senku for that.)

EDIT9: New link again. Some items were accidentally removed in the previous version. D: That is now fixed.

Akuma TH said:
Isnt this Chaos Zero 64's Mod?
No, his was a mirrored version, mine is a reversed version.
EDIT: See first post for proof that this is reversed, not mirrored.

WAD master said:
33.3 MB? WHAT did you addeded? 400 Burgergergergers?
:lol: No, I did not add that... I just need to fix somethings and the file size should be much lower.

EDIT: I am now reuploading it, it will now be 5.82MB instead of 33.3MB.

The only reason I'm not downloading this is the filesize. But it looks cool.

THZ2 needs reversed. I think that, largely, the problem you would have would stem from those platforms that, normally, lower themselves to let you down... so, instead, make them lowered to begin with and put a spring there instead. Except for the one by the turret. That one should be lowered by the switch.

Shadow Hog said:
THZ2 needs reversed. I think that, largely, the problem you would have would stem from those platforms that, normally, lower themselves to let you down... so, instead, make them lowered to begin with and put a spring there instead. Except for the one by the turret. That one should be lowered by the switch.
Yea, I was trying to figure out what I should have done for THZ2... because if I reversed it, the slime would get in the way and would instantly kill the players.
You mean the turret at the beginning, right? That doesn't lower, that just explodes once you hit the switch.

Um, you can make it so that there is a switch that rises it at the start, and the acid is low enough to not touch the players. The players ride the barrels floating.

I did something different for THZ2, but not what you expected, Chaos.
Check my first post for the new version. The current version that you will download is just about the last one, although, this basicly is the final version... unless you want to play the game backwards, starting from GFZ1 to GFZ1. :razz: Yes, you play the game normally, then play the game backwards, without the boss battles, starting after CEZ3.

It was alright... but not what I expected. If you're going to reverse a level, you should be more powerful about it, and reverse concepts as well.

Take Chaos Zero 64's mirrored version for example.

Took a while to do it too. You have to find the linedef tag carefully, and sometimes have to make your own. I haven't tried it, but it really sounds like it'll take a couple of hours to complete all paths, if you've had plenty of experience with level editing.

That is true... but this is my first wad, though, just to let you know.
I am trying to add some more springs on and make some more routes acessable, like one of them in THZ1, and I might fix the one that is a small spindashing sector just to get into it.(For going the normal way, not the reversed way. You can't get through it if you are going the reversed way, even if you are Knuckles.(Weird, I know.))

The level pack is so-so. Problems:

1) All your enemies are looking the wrong way.
2) The alternate route in THZ1 is blocked.
3) The emerald positions need to be changed.
4) THZ2, CEZ1, and CEZ2 are all messed up.

on Edge said:
1) All your enemies are looking the wrong way.
I never fixed that... and the checkpoint direction is also backwards.
on Edge said:
2) The alternate route in THZ1 is blocked.
I've noticed that. I'm trying to figure out a reasonable height to allow the player to get passed that part.
on Edge said:
3) The emerald positions need to be changed.
Like.. what do you mean? You can get all of them in the first 6 levels if you are playing the right one.
on Edge said:
4) THZ2, CEZ1, and CEZ2 are all messed up.
Ever bothered looking at the other two? I believe you didn't. But I might make some changes in there.

Might I remind you that this is my first made WAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back