SRB2 Riders v1.46.4X (srb2riders.exe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Already in there if you look. :wink: Its not done but we get it. Thats good enough for now. (*Hint* Look in the multiplayer select screen and look through them ALL.*Hint*)

The only thing wrong with it is that when you select any character in single player, you start as sonic. Also, will there be air stations in the final version?

Also would you be able to instead of changing the smoke from behind the character to hurt someone why not somehow script it so that it boosts that person behind you like the wake. Would that also be possible?

emerlgx said:
The only thing wrong with it is that when you select any character in single player, you start as sonic. Also, will there be air stations in the final version?
Well I'm aware of that bug, but since I don't code the exe, it's all up to Draykon to see if he feels like finding that bug. I was thinking of making an Air Station, and Flame had an SOCing idea, but I'm still busy with other stuff that I don't have time to understand what he tried to say.

mariosonic said:
Also would you be able to instead of changing the smoke from behind the character to hurt someone why not somehow script it so that it boosts that person behind you like the wake. Would that also be possible?
Flame had an idea for that, but I guess he forgot about it or couldn't make one. We'll have to find out once Draykon decides to bring back the turbulence.

mariosonic said:

If you guys do that make it also give you air-rings to see if that works or just makes the game crappy.

Wow...I'm impressed.

Babylon garden was pretty well done. but maybe put in a few railings to let the player know that there is a turn coming up...

I'll Begin said:
Isn't there a linedef/sector effect that gives you rings? Perhaps those could be used as Air Stations.

No, only ring draining sectors. Ring giving ones might be in 1.1.

Nice. This is a great idea, and nicely done.

Some things:

1. Either the speed is too high, or the turning is a bit uncontrolable. I suggest tuning the controllability, as you avoid tuning the speed.

2. Third level (Forgot name) is nearly impossible. I suggest some invisible walls to block the player (From falling).

Everything is still alright.

Therio said:
2. Third level (Forgot name) is nearly impossible. I suggest some invisible walls to block the player (From falling)..
Egg Factory. I don't find it impossible, only hard. As far as I know, it's meant to have falls and sharp turns like that.

Just so you'd know, I've decided to stretch out the mod to 5, maybe 7 more levels. I've got the sketches with me, they'll be simple levels so they won't take much of my time, and they're not ripped levels.

As for the current levels, a glitch while opening 2 SRB2DB erased Metal City while I was messing around with it. And while I managed to recover the level, though they weren't found on any of the DB backup files, I took a break from it to make the first simple level. It somehow has lots of software HOM glitches, so I'll ask for help whenever I get online on IRC.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Just so you'd know, I've decided to stretch out the mod to 5, maybe 7 more levels. I've got the sketches with me, they'll be simple levels so they won't take much of my time, and they're not ripped levels.

As for the current levels, a glitch while opening 2 SRB2DB erased Metal City while I was messing around with it. And while I managed to recover the level, though they weren't found on any of the DB backup files, I took a break from it to make the first simple level. It somehow has lots of software HOM glitches, so I'll ask for help whenever I get online on IRC.

Why not just edit the current 6 levels and make the alternate tracks? You can still steal some of the track design from the 6 finished tracks to speed it up.

Oh, and for the record, I think that the Babylon Guardian track would be rather easy to create. Can't wait for Digital Dimension, though.

Dont forget bout SEGA Carnival (or Illusions, just though bout adding them since no one said anything about them :mrgreen: ).

So, what we have here is two seperate options for handling the little control problems you babies are having.

1. Modify the characters to have to run faster to get on their boards, throw in a 'footrace' console variable to turn it off entirely.

2. Replace lightdash, with the 'get on board' key, and eleminate the getting on a a certain speed.

Take your pic

Rival said:
Dont forget bout SEGA Carnival (or Illusions, just though bout adding them since no one said anything about them :mrgreen: ).
You could use the NIGHTS items in the sega illusion track and maybe a zoom tube for that part were you fly out of the Channel 5 Space Station part.

Draykon said:
So, what we have here is two seperate options for handling the little control problems you babies are having.

1. Modify the characters to have to run faster to get on their boards, throw in a 'footrace' console variable to turn it off entirely.

2. Replace lightdash, with the 'get on board' key, and eleminate the getting on a a certain speed.

Take your pic

A bit of both, automatically getting on your board with the option to get on/off it if you need to walk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back