Looking for a linux port, and cant find it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how many peeps here don't even own a GCN. (Wonders if there is a way to port to GBA...)

no, it not that we don't have a gamecube, we do have one, it just, ahhh... misplaced :|

Already done, and I've seen it at a friends house. Unless he was faking, but he's not a very good faker at technical things.

Also, GCN SRB2 would suck, because the only way to play a non-disc game is through this whole weird PSO swap method and not everybody has PSO, and I'm sure as hell not everybody has an online subscription to it =/

Burning it to a disk would not really be a problem. I know there is special drivers out there to get GameCubes to read DVD-R disks.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Already done, and I've seen it at a friends house. Unless he was faking, but he's not a very good faker at technical things.

Also, GCN SRB2 would suck, because the only way to play a non-disc game is through this whole weird PSO swap method and not everybody has PSO, and I'm sure as hell not everybody has an online subscription to it =/

You don't need a subscription, nor do you need to "swap" anything.

What you do is set up a program to trick PSO into thinking YOU are the server (you connect through a HUB or router or something) and then once connected, you stream the game every time it needs loaded..

I've tried it before, and trust me, it doesn't work too well. Sometimes the game freezes and the last time I played, there was no memory card support.

Shadow Hog said:
How about getting DVD-R discs to fit in a GameCube?
Go to your local Wal-Mart sometime. Mini DVDs have been out for quite a long time now.

Also, Shuffle, you also need a broadband/network router and... gah, I dunno. You need stuff that not too many people have, since not everybody has broadband x.x

Consistency error.

Hmm. Another problem. *Sigh*. I get tons of consistency errors with GNU/Linux playing against Windows users (I can rarely play for five seconds, it's so bad). I'm sure this is a known problem, but one I can't find much information about. Plus, I don't have a single Windows machine to play this on otherwise.

Nick

Re: Consistency error.

nick said:
Hmm. Another problem. *Sigh*. I get tons of consistency errors with GNU/Linux playing against Windows users (I can rarely play for five seconds, it's so bad). I'm sure this is a known problem, but one I can't find much information about. Plus, I don't have a single Windows machine to play this on otherwise.

Also I don't have a single windows machine...
seems strange, because I netgamed (with 56k) on Linux and it went well. Some consistency errors can happen from time to time if you have a slow (like my 56k... ) or bad connection. Anyway, you netgamed on Internet or on a LAN? And what is your distribution?

I'm using Gentoo, with glibc version 2.3.5, gcc version 3.3.5 and a cable internet connection. I get consistency errors, and they're more frequent when I play with more people. Jumping into water also gives me consistency errors.

Thanks for your time,
Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back