• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic: Paintball wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
shadowstar said:
I am not planning on releasing this to the public because I don't have a good enough hoster(file too large)
And WHY is it so insanely large. Geez, people, use your brains. Small filesize is more important than a custom soundtrack 9 times out of 10.

!
Oh...
Why not just take out all the unedited sprites 'n' stuffs?

Why not make an IPS patch, send it to me, and I'll patch up a WAD and host that?

It's quite easy to make an IPS patch.
You will be prompted to select an unaltered file (srb2.srb), then an altered version of the file (your edited srb2.srb), and then to name the resulting IPS patch. If the altered file is larger than the original file, you will also be prompted to name the file where the extra data will be stored.

Well... I emailed the reduced file to HD003 hoping he'd host it for me but...he hasn't done it yet and I'm getting a little... impatient Anyways, if you want the file, tell me, and I'll email it to you.(really quick too, I'm usually always on the boards) So... just ask...

Sorry. I havn't gotten arount to it yet. I'll go do that now.
:oops: :wink:

But, did you send the actual WAD or the IPS patch?
'Cause, usually, the IPS patches would have something like a .IPS extention.

If you've ever played Sonic 2z, then you've brushed an IPS patch in there somewhere.

Basically, all an IPS patch does is show the difference between the bytes in the two files, and then lets you change them.

Sorry. My sister is playing on my computer now, so I'll get it hosted in about... oh, an hour or so.

Yes, there are IPS patches are made for any game(as far as I'm concerned). I've seen IPS patches translating JAP to ENG on some games (ahemromsahem). So, yeah, they are actually quite easy to make. Easy to use too

Yeah.. I've used them in Genesis ROMs before, but I thought that's all they were for..

They sound useful, any chance of telling me how you use them?

You take the patch. You take whatever you wish to apply it to. Got it? Good. Now take a hammer and use it to smash them together, works every time.

I dunno, I always assumed that the .waw files and all the other crap that you get when you make a wad had something to do with patches and the sort.

You don't need the .waw files, as far as I know. I just delete them, and everything still works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back