Fixed Title Graphic Offsets are Resolution-Dependent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal96

As usual, the title basically says it all. The offsets on graphics used for level titling are resolution-dependent (eg, each unit of offset corresponds to 1px on screen, rather than one unit of 320x200 space)

Screenshots that should help:

lO9GJU9.png

The moment at 640x400...

ogB1fR0.png

The same moment at 1280x1024 (my native resolution). Notice how the position of the "1" icon has moved relative to the text. This makes it basically impossible to reliably offset it to avoid text collision.

Here's some more examples at a few other resolutions:

5yLHUb2.png

04dOYiI.png

For the record, the "1" icon's current offsets are -8, -40—extreme because I couldn't figure out why -16 wasn't cutting it. Also, the offsets -12, 0 worked fine and reliably back in 2.0.7 (yay porting WIPs) so something somewhere went horribly wrong between then and now.

This happens when the resolution chosen isn't aspect-correct to the game. From my knowledge, this is unsolvable. If you want the screen to accurately depict the actual offsets, then use a aspect-correct resolution (highlighted in green on the resolution selector).

From my knowledge, this is unsolvable.
u wot m8

Fixed this in the current trunk. (It was a shockingly simple fix, actually.) Behavior in future will be consistent with that of aspect-correct resolutions (multiples of 320x200) in the current version, so test in one of those to avoid misalignments later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back