• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Playable Sonic by r543

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all about positions. It's good that you can't see his other ear. Look at his era's position, and guess where the second ear would be located should you look at him from the front.

It's almost like saying "lul, that's a horrible sprite, where is his right arm?"

You're right. Anyway, I prefer SonicRE sprites. Imagine Greeneyes with SonicCE sprites. :scaredyaoming:

I still think that SonicCE is far superior, it just looks better, other than not looking too sonic-like, it's a much better artstyle, whereas SonicRE is... not shaded very well... like, at all... But neither are what the community want from a modern Sonic. I like how people are always failing at making modern Sonics. Some worse than others. *Cough* Emw5Sonic *Cough*

Why the fuck do we even need a Modern Sonic in the first place!? The whole concept of Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic is stupid and idiotic and all these sprites I've been seeing so far (even MotorRoach's) are lanky looking and awkward. I honestly don't see any redeeming quality in this wad or any other "Modern Sonic" wad in the future.

Last edited:
Why the fuck do we even need a Modern Sonic in the first place!? The whole concept of Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic is stupid and idiotic and all these sprites I've been seeing so far (even MotorRoach's) are lanky looking and awkward. I honestly don't see any redeeming quality in this wad or any other "Modern Sonic" wad in the future.

That's a bit harsh. Giving default sonic the boost ability seems a little odd, whereas peelout doesn't
I understand this is your opinion, but can you try not to bash people for having an opinion different to your own?

Thanks.

I'm not bashing anyone here. I'm extremely irritated and stating where I stand on the whole Modern Sonic wad fiasco.

i don't understand what is to be irritated about. someone want to make a modern sonic. that's his right and you being angry about it is NOT going to change that.

I'm not bashing anyone here. I'm extremely irritated and stating where I stand on the whole Modern Sonic wad fiasco.
Technically there are 2 different sonics: Sonic with black eyes, and sonic with green eyes. The only reason the Sonic adventure sonic doesn't count because other than the moveset, they look like the same thing. Classic Sonic has already been done thanks to srb2, and not EVERY modern sonic looks its best.

Technically there are 2 different sonics: Sonic with black eyes, and sonic with green eyes. The only reason the Sonic adventure sonic doesn't count because other than the moveset, they look like the same thing. Classic Sonic has already been done thanks to srb2, and not EVERY modern sonic looks its best.

And to support this, even IF its not srb2 styled, its the closest modern sonic we have for srb2 in my opinion.

i don't understand what is to be irritated about. someone want to make a modern sonic. that's his right and you being angry about it is NOT going to change that.

I'm not entirely irritated about r543 wanting to make a Modern Sonic wad. I'm irritated at the fact that this thread only get's updated with half-assed sprites and debates whether which Sonic remake wad is the best. IT'S LITERALLY GOING NOWHERE!

And to support this, even IF its not srb2 styled, its the closest modern sonic we have for srb2 in my opinion.
That would be entertaining to see modern sonic made by SRB2, except I can't imagine what it would look like... Oh wait, EMW5 Sonic is probably the closet thing towards it.

I'm not entirely irritated about r543 wanting to make a Modern Sonic wad. I'm irritated at the fact that this thread only get's updated with half-assed sprites and debates whether which Sonic remake wad is the best. IT'S LITERALLY GOING NOWHERE!

ill be honest here, this thing with the sonicCE and the sonicRE is annoying, but r543 has a legitimate reason for the sprite quality.

You are kinda bashing.
See, the thing about sprite making is, you need criticism. Which is why these sprites still look crappy. Honestly, I could do better, but that doesn't mean you see me pissing all over his work. He has gotten criticism, but, its all shit in the end :P. And yes, the debate thing is sorta... misplaced, but this IS a modern sonic was thread.
Also, calm down. Give him less BS criticism and he'll give you less BS sprites.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

3zjzP5M.png

Boom

Last edited:
You are kinda bashing.
See, the thing about sprite making is, you need criticism. Which is why these sprites still look crappy. Honestly, I could do better, but that doesn't mean you see me pissing all over his work. He has gotten criticism, but, its all shit in the end :P. And yes, the debate thing is sorta... misplaced, but this IS a modern sonic was thread.

I'm not bashing anyone here or "pissing on someone's work", I'm stating my honest opinion like I said multiple times.

I don't think spriting works like that or in fact any project in general. Just because I act nice and lie how I honestly feel about the project will not make it better. In fact, it would make it worse due to the author thinking their content is okay and not fixing it's flaws.

Last edited:

Okay, here's the problem. This could look good in a videogame, but only if it's in the style of that particular game.

This is not in the style of SRB2. In particular it's completely lacking in an outline, and the shading also looks different, possibly as a byproduct of you not using an outline. Keep in mind that this pretty much applies to everything else in this thread; even Roach's isn't exactly perfect. Then again it's probably not to scale with the rest of SRB2's sprites anyway.

You are kinda bashing.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

3zjzP5M.png

Boom

Sorry to butt in, but this isn't even criticism, you're just doing the work for him.
You guys are posting the same back sprites over and over with minor changes and you scream at each other for doing so.
So after you pillow shaded that one sprite heavily, are you going to help him finish the rest of the 180 frames of Sonic? or are you just going to pillow shade one and leave it at that?

I found that last part of your comment very funny actually.
You're saying don't be hard on him and he wont give you stupid sprites, sounds like an oxymoron, you WOULD want to be hard on him so he can better himself, not fuck up and let you guys do the work for him.

Sorry to break it to you, but that's nowhere close to pillow shading. It just lacks a bit of contrast and a lot of outlining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back