Head Tracking with Wii Remote

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousFox

AKA FuriousFox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd3-eiid-Uw

I saw this is in #srb2fun last night. It basically makes it so that the picture moves depending on how you look at the screen, making it seem like things are popping out of the screen and making everything look more 3D. It'd be cool if someone actually made a game using this.

Ok yeah, that is freaking awesome. I had a feeling something like that could be done, but I didn't realise it'd already been done. Definately want to see something like that sooner or later.

Uh, guys.

You're not holding the Wii Remote. I think I'd find it terribly hard to actually tell the game anything when your method of entering commands is about 7 feet away.

Wow, that's wacky. I really hope someone develops a Wii game around this concept, as it could literally turn out to be a stellar one-of-a-kind classic with this technology.

Wow that is neat. I'd like to see that be used for swordfighting in a game, that way dodges can actually be possible.

I am positive Nintendo never had this in mind, but this makes it the most advanced system there in my opinion. Sure really high quality graphics are neat, but you can only ever get so detailed before people don't really notice a difference of game developers decide not to waste time on graphics people aren't going to see. When it comes down to UI and Graphics, so long as the graphics aren't horribly bad, innovative UI is far more advanced... and this just augments that.

However it probably would be really hard to implement just right... look at how many games that can't figure out how best to use the wii-mote. Another question is if the Wii will be able to handle the rendering, I don't know that much about it... but it sounds like it would be quite complex.

But yeah, wow...

I hate you. You got me wanting this, but I don't have any Bluetooth devices. Unless... My computer came woth a wireless mouse and keyboard. Is the reciever it comes with considered a bluetooth device? It's a Dell wireless reciever.

JEV3 said:
Another question is if the Wii will be able to handle the rendering, I don't know that much about it... but it sounds like it would be quite complex.

From what I understand, it's just moving a camera around in a 3D world based on the position of the head unit. Come to think of it, I don't think you'd ACTUALLY have to use the fancy glasses and the Wiimote backwards, it's just the way the software's written. You could probably use the Wii Helmet. (Google)

The problem here is that:
1. You would always have to be facing towards the screen in order to see what's happening.
2. Where you can move is limited to the room you're playing it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back