SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.
FoxBlitzz said:
Nice MOD! Apart from the helpless instability, it is quite fun to play with. About Universe, is the level-up programmed in yet? Or is it so incomplete that it doesn't have that?
It's given when you beat a boss. Unluckily, when I did it with Chaos and a friend of him (and really at least the 50% of the attacks were made by me), it crashed. :/ We were level up, and later it crashed when tried to change the level.

PSO mode is the only part that can honestly be called "helplessly unstable" at this point and I am far into the process of fixing it. Yes, there are other random bugs which may crash the game at times, but nothing major. The current release with SRB2 Universe and all is not meant for netgames or bots any more then Red Volcano Zone is. Which is partially fixed for netgames in that beta and fully fixed for the next release, by the way.

Also, you level up every so often, not just beating a boss but beating a bunch of crawlas as well. Destroy 10 or so crawlas to get to level 2, but every time you level up it takes more to get to the next level... Beating the boss just gives a lot more exp, you see. Don't worry, I'm working... I'm working...

Remember, SRB2 Universe and JTEBots aren't the only special thing in SRB2JTE.

o_o Dark World isn't in SRB2JTE?

Btw, there's a problem with SRB2JTE, instead of giving a sigsev when it crashes without knowing what happens, it freezes for a few minutes then Windows tells me it "encountered a problem and needs to close." :\ I would like that to be fixed.

Also; You the same number of exp as you get points for normally beating enemies, so if you made a chain of beating crawlas, you'd get 100exp > 200 exp > 400 exp and so on.

JJames19119 said:
o_o Dark World isn't in SRB2JTE?
Yes it is.

JJames19119 said:
Btw, there's a problem with SRB2JTE, instead of giving a sigsev when it crashes without knowing what happens, it freezes for a few minutes then Windows tells me it "encountered a problem and needs to close." :\ I would like that to be fixed.
Sorry, that is apparently something made by compiling with Dev-C++ and I have no means of fixing it.

JJames19119 said:
Also; You the same number of exp as you get points for normally beating enemies, so if you made a chain of beating crawlas, you'd get 100exp > 200 exp > 400 exp and so on.
The beta is far outdated, I've made up a new system of exp entirely based on the enemys "level", though you won't notice much of a difference (yet).

It seems like I've been telling everyone HOW... :roll: Why not post it on the message board as well?

The Dark World system works like this.
You make a map as you normally would. Then move the lower left corner of the map about 64 fracunits away from the "origin" point (0,0) which is highlighted by most map editors (But not Doom Builder, for whatever reason.) ... The origin is the only point on the map where the light world and dark world actually "touch", so if you want to do any fancey room or hallway in the middle of the two worlds, that's where to do it.

Then make a copy of the entire map and rotate it 180 degrees and place it on the exact opposite side of the origin so that it is a mirror of the original map, as you would if you were making a CTF map, except the maps are both seperate of eachother.

Then make any changes to the second map you would like, as this is your "dark world". You may change textures, Thing positions, move and alter whole sectors, whatever you like.

Then create a two-way linedef executor teleporter which moves you between the two worlds. I'd create a special addition to the teleporter linedef executor that rotates you 180 degrees, thus saving your direction when you entered and such, among other things, but there isn't much demand for it at the moment. :\

You may also wish to use a music-changer, as happy light world music wouldn't go well in teh dark world, and even a sky changer so you can have an evil sky.

Finally, make a map header and add "darkworld = 1" to it as you would any other map option. I would add "darkworld = 2" to have 3 worlds or "darkworld = 3" to have 4, but again, there is no demand for it. :\ Heh, with "darkworld = 3" somebody could make different worlds in which one has fire, another has water, another has large empty holes ripped in it and death pits, and another has grass all over. Or whatever. It'd be cool. ^_^

And if you want to get REALLY advanced and have only one person in the dark world at a time, you can make it so executing the teleporter changes its tag to point to another linedef executor that tells people that someone else is in the dark world so they cannot enter, and all the teleporters back to the light world tag the teleporter to the dark world back to the way it was.

All this and the only thing I did was add "shadows" to tell you where people are who are in the other world... Heh...

Yes there is demand for it! I want "darkworld=3"! I wanna make a battle map that is chaotically crazy and impossible to play! *shot*

I need somebody to keep the SRB2JTE readme up to date. I can't spend the time documenting my work when I have to make it in the first place, if you understand... I will gladly explain anything to the first few people who ask about it, but I don't want to bother writing it in the way the n00biest n00b on earth would understand. I'm not good at that anyway, apparently, since people STILL ask me how to use Chaos Control.

I could too since, you know, I'm the one hosting it...
Oh, BTW, just so you know, I'm gonna be not here for a few days while I move down to Texas (Where my nice shiney server is so I can rip out all its innards for making me go crazy when uploading things remotly to it)
Just send whatever you have to my e-mail and I'll upload the stuff whenever I get the chance....

I have to agree... it is very much satisfying to rip Kroze
to pieces. Wait... that WAS the focus of this topic, right? o.O

If you want, I could help with my 1337 ASCII-art skills and put flashy pictures all over readme.txt!

And then again, maybe you don't want all those flashy ASCII pictures.

I don't care what you do. You could make the readme point to an SRB2JTE page on TNG2W if you wanted, so everyone could add their discoverys to it, I won't be adding any more to the readme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back