The Pony Thread (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
S2 Ep10 - Secret of my Excess

I thought that at the bouncy ball kid, it was a totality about greed. And I was right. However, this gave me a Christmas feel at the end. "Better to give than to receive." Reminds me of the Christmas in July episode of Ed, Edd n Eddy. Also, on that subject, Guess about VAs. Kathleen Barr is the VA for Kevin and Marie Kanker. She does have an association with MLP, though. Trixie... Ha. Back to the show, Am I the only one who saw Fedora Spike, and imagined "New mascot for Linux" and "Spike in L.A. Noire" in my head? Then the long-arm Spike? Slenderspike. Heh. Overall, this was a pretty good episode. I actually like the theme. Anyway, can't wait for next week. December 17, episode 11, come now!

Last edited:
Ya know, people keep talking about this My Little pony as if its NEW and ORIGINAL. It's not. Look up My Little Pony on Youtube, or Wiki it. Seriously. Don't get me wrong, it's a good show. But I always thought new and original meant never before made or seen. But thats just my opinion. A show thats been aroundsince the 80's is NOT new.

Its not the same show, its not byt he same people, and is not of the same caliber. It may be based off the same source material, but they are NOT the same. Its like comparing the first Transfomers cartoon to the newer movies. They share quite a bit, but are nowhere NEAR the same.

Its not the same show, its not byt he same people, and is not of the same caliber. It may be based off the same source material, but they are NOT the same. Its like comparing the first Transfomers cartoon to the newer movies. They share quite a bit, but are nowhere NEAR the same.

Totally missed my point. I'm saying that My Little Pony is not an all new thing that was never before heard of until recently. Im not insulting the show. It's a damn good show. It's spunky, original and,well, cute. But to be blunt, if someone told me "look, they made a new movie about these things callled Transformers thats completely original" I'd tell them they were off their rocker. The basic conception of MLP FIM wouln't even EXIST if it wasn't for the original shows. Plain and simple.

But they arn't the same thing. They're both completely different and not at all like eachother other than the brand name they share. G1 is certainly different from G4. It's a completely different show, and it really is its own original thing. My Little Pony has been around for ages, but Friendship is Magic is indeed NEW and ORIGINAL as you so disagree with.

Totally missed my point. I'm saying that My Little Pony is not an all new thing that was never before heard of until recently. Im not insulting the show. It's a damn good show. It's spunky, original and,well, cute. But to be blunt, if someone told me "look, they made a new movie about these things callled Transformers thats completely original" I'd tell them they were off their rocker. The basic conception of MLP FIM wouln't even EXIST if it wasn't for the original shows. Plain and simple.

*Sigh* Here we go. . .

look, in terms of generations, almost each one is different from each other from timelines, settings, etc and contains something new about it. Marvel has done this in many of their series, just as DC, and a few others. Sure it's the same Super hero or protagonist, but it's by no means connected to the original setting they were originally in nor will they act or look the same as the original character at times.

In the case of G4 My little pony, it's different and certainly NOT the same as the past generations. Everything here deviates despite keeping with some of the source material. However it's like you're accusing us of thinking " OH! A show about ponies!!! Never happened before!!!" when I've (and others obviously) knew about the little horse products and it's old show since age 3 or older when it was on a few channels and being advertised. Once again, we know how old it is and know it't not new. . .but THIS particular show is a reboot of the series and is in fact new. And just to conclude, going by your logic is like saying "Batman: The animated series", "The Batman", and "Batman: The brave and the bold" are the same thing.

p1010813rr.jpg

Yes, I am aware I got Twilight Sparkle's Cutie Mark colors wrong. Just ignore it and clap.

Rice? I don't really know, it looks sorta like sprinkles, then again sprinkles aren't that big. Or, at least I don't think they are. But it looks like it would taste weird anyway. Also, the whole shape of RD's cutie mark looks like an ice cream cone.

They look delicious for the eyes, but maybe not for the taste.

On the contrary, they are quite delicious.

Biscuit, then cream, and then..? Rice for Dashie's cloud ?
Let me take this moment to say this is the best quote ever.

And now that that moment is over...
These are actually frosted cutout Christmas Cookies. They're a sort of tradition for many around Christmas time. You roll out the dough flat, and use cookie cutters to cut out different shapes. You know, things like Christmas trees, stars, bells, wreaths, shapes like that. Once they're baked, you just frost the top and use all sorts of things like sprinkles and sanding sugar (the colored powder) to decorate the top. More typical ones end up looking like these cookies I found with a quick Google search:
Christmas-Cut-Out-Cookies.jpg

Rice? I don't really know, it looks sorta like sprinkles, then again sprinkles aren't that big. Or, at least I don't think they are. But it looks like it would taste weird anyway. Also, the whole shape of RD's cutie mark looks like an ice cream cone.

They're most definitely sprinkles! Haven't you ever had a Christmas cookie? :p

And the reason it looks like an ice cream cone would be because it is an ice cream cone. When it comes to cut outs, there aren't any handy sets of Cutie Mark Cutters lying around, so you have to make do with what you have. If you look closer, you'll notice that all the cutouts were festive themed things. Rainbow Dash's was an ice cream cone, Rarity's was a leaf of holly, Apple Jack's was a heart which I flipped upside down to better fit the apples, Pinkie Pie's was a snowman, also upside down, Fluttershy's was a butterfly, and lastly Twilight Sparkle's was a Star of David. I know, butterflys and ice cream cones aren't really that festive but hey, they make nice cookies.

Flash makes all food look gross. If you can, just take the your food pictures in a well lit environment and turn off the flash. This applies to your first picture; your second one is fine.

Flash makes all food look gross. If you can, just take the your food pictures in a well lit environment and turn off the flash. This applies to your first picture; your second one is fine.

Yup! I've done a lot of photography over the past few years. If I had taken the picture, I would have made sure of that, but it was actually my mother who did so. I was too impatient to wait for her to finish with the camera, as my friends and I wanted to go play Crystal Chronicles. :p

Oh...man.

99583%20-%20pinkie_pie.png

This...was absolutely freaking brilliant. Bravo. Amazing. Greatnessmess.

I know this is a christmas-ish special, but seriously. This was pretty danged cool. It even showed how Pinkie Pie got her cutie mark!

My my, I'm especially pleased with how todays episode went indeed.

I'm even happier to see how they took the setting of a play and managed to avoid that tired cliche wheree everything goes horribly wrong. Which was initially what I expected, as that is extremely common as either an inciting incident to kick off a story when plays or pantomines are involved.

The episode itself was a delight to watch and quite funny too, it's a christmas special that didn't get in your face either while at the same time sticking with the normal themes of a christmas special.

Well, until the song. That was such silly and a very obvious example of 'LOOK AT ME, THIS IS A CHRISTMAS SPECIAL' that stood in direct contrast to the rest of the show.

Spike is also best bard, no doubts about it.

Before anyone points it out, I would like to mention to those people that the reason there was no letter to Celestia is because the play was a lesson in itself. You can tell they all learnt something at the end.

Good episode was good.

I thought the episode was cute and clever, and I loved how the personalities fit into the stage scene of the episode.

However, this episode's moral was basically a simplified version of the ones from other "friendship" episodes. That's not really a big deal though because at least it fit in with the episode better than the Halloween episode. The song wasn't up to par with other songs this season, but I enjoyed it.

Loved the derpy cameo this episode.

Clearly, the play was about Equestria being Post-Apocalypse Earth. Before Chancellor Puddinghead even claims the land as Earth, she does note that the Earth is round, so clearly they were on the planet Earth before it became Equestria, but the Earth Ponies just called the land Earth to refer to their species, which are named after their abilities involving the land, not the planet. Judging by what occurred, the far more intelligent than normal Earth Ponies as well as the Pegasai and Unicorns lived in a land unexplored by man and survived the second Ice Age caused by Global Warming, and the story explains how they all came together and claimed the now human cleansed Earth as Equestria.

I'm just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back