SSB:SS's premature release then untimely death then rebirth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Super Smash Bros: Sonic Showdown is here!

I decided to release Beta 2 unfinished for reasons I won't tell you. :)
Known bugs:
End of level ranking is backwards, the guy that dies first will be in first place, he should be in last.
Maps 2 and 3 are just GFZ2 and GFZ3, skip over 'em.

New stuffs:
Percent system mostly redone (Thanks JTE!)
Fighting system redone (Thanks JTE!)
Dynamic camera added (Thanks JTE! x_X)
Spindash "Shield" is much less powerful, you can knock the abuser over now.
Beamsword (incomplete) SHUT UP, JUST SHUT UP! I don't want to hear about how you can't pick it up and "OMG HOW DO U USE IT!" it's incomplete, and it's staying that way.
That's about it. I know it's very unprofessional releasing it with the DMSC-Title.wad in this condition, but I really don't care anymore.

http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/SmashRB2.zip

All code done by me, most of the code rewritten by JTE. >_>
Oh yeah, Alam and Logan helped a little here and there too.
Thanks, everyone (except for Spazzo's usless real life friends)!

Oh yeah, by the way, expect this to be the last update of DMSC. Programming-wise anyhow. I'll let Spazzo take it from here.

Awesome dude! I haven't tested multiplayer yet, and I guess that's what's making the camera go in and out as I get closer to the edge of the map.
This release: 9/10

The exit screen just blots out the people not working on it anymore with red ink XD

Re: SSB:SS's premature Beta 2 release

Shuffle said:
Oh yeah, by the way, expect this to be the last update of DMSC. Programming-wise anyhow. I'll let Spazzo take it from here.
You can practically hear Spazzo's blood pressure skyrocket.

By the way, Splitscreen does NOT work properly, don't even bother.
In fact, don't bother with single player either. What are you going to fight, air?
This mod is strictly Multiplayer Only.

I don't care if the word "official" is slapped onto it. As long as it's released.

:eek:

No,no, NO, NOOO!!!!
Shuffle, after all this, you still keep on going against me, eh?
Don't you read what i said?
Shuffle...you are not the creator, so you have 0 executive power. I thoguht i explained to you that you shouldnt take all the credit, as the world dosent revolve around you, nor me, for that matter.
Why did you do this? i didnt even know about it until now!
Jeez, Shuf, to add on to it, you insult my friends, which really offends, and humiliates me.
This is a mess, and its all thanks to you. I hope your happy, as you:
1) Are off the team
2) Lost my total trust
My friends will totally disregard this. Why did you block out their names anyways? For attention? Thanks alot, attention-seeker :\. If you had asked me before, I would of considered adding your name to the title. You didnt have to cross out my friends names and add yours.
Listen, Shuf. I started this project, and had a good idea in my head. I thought you would be of good use, not that you would double-cross the team, and totally but DMSC under a disgraceful title. Why do you hate my friends anyways? They thought up of it, not you!
For the sake of this all, I would like an admin to lock/delete this topic.
Shuffle, I hope your happy.
For everybody wondering, DMSC is henceforth cancelled. Due to Shuffle's previous actions, I don't want to deal with this anymore. It was going so well too!

DMSC cancelled?

... :cry:

Spazzo, you may be mad, but I'd suggest not taking it *too* far... Remember what heppened last time?

Spazzo said:
:eek:

No,no, NO, NOOO!!!!
Shuffle, after all this, you still keep on going against me, eh?
Don't you read what i said?
Shuffle...you are not the creator, so you have 0 executive power.
Why did you do this? i didnt even know about it until now!
Jeez, Shuf, to add on to it, you insult my friends, which really offends, and humiliates me.
This is a mess, and its all thanks to you. I hope your happy, as you:
1) Are off the team
I was quitting anyways :)
Spazzo said:
2) Lost my total trust
My friends will totally disregard this. Why did you block out their names anyways?
They haven't done anything, therefore, they shouldn't even BE there.
Spazzo said:
Listen, Shuf. I started this project, and had a good idea in my head. I thought you would be of good use, not that you would double-cross the team, and totally but DMSC under a disgraceful title. Why do you hate my friends anyways? They thought up of it, not you!
Doesn't take a genious to think up an SSB mod ^_~
Spazzo said:
For the sake of this all, I would like an admin to lock/delete this topic.
Shuffle, I hope your happy.
For everybody wondering, DMSC is henceforth cancelled. Blame Shuffle, not me.

Anyways, let's not turn this into a flamewar, this topic is for DMSC and what people think of it.

I feel very sad now. My Toasted Hills level will vanish into dust and my new MJ DMSC level which I just finished. :x Because of Shuffle and Spazzo my work means nothing. Thanks alot. :evil:

Aww, Shuffle forgot to mention that I also helped with the beamsword, making the wad for it and telling him how to make the falling animation and whatnot. Oh well. :lol:

Seriously speaking, though, I don't really care that DMSC/SSBSS/Whatever you wish to call it now was cancelled. Sure I put a lot of effort into it myself, but it wasn't about that. No, it was never about that at all, or else I would be taking Shuffle's place now and would have probably been the lead programmer from the start. My actual objective, however... My objective of using it to educate Shuffle and raise him as my apprentice (and, for that matter, my future replacement) or nemesis, depending on what Shuffle wishes to do at this point, is now complete. DMSC has served it's purpose.

Of course, Shuffle will continue his education, and I will continue teaching him for as long as he chooses. Certainly he will learn more from me then he will learn from school. And then we can put it to 'good use'. By the way, he has access to SRB2JTE's source code now as well, plenty of fun stuff to learn from there.

I've noted something interesting, however... A rivalry between Shuffle and Spazzo seems to have begun, and this was not my intentions. I am unsure as to if Shuffle or Spazzo will go out of their way to thwart eachother, but it looks as though Spazzo is leading every other major project out there, often with Hotdog, and since it has been decided that Spazzo has completely lost his 'trust' in Shuffle, I suppose that Shuffle and anyone supporting Shuffle would be unwelcome in such projects, including TNG2W, which I have been updating and fixing quite frequently, seeing as SRB2JTE's page is the second largest and by far the most detailed on any other subject there... It would be a shame to have that deleted. Make your call, if this is war so be it, but I will not be the first to move.

Akira, don't feel too bad, being a casualty of war... I have, after all, been given permission by Spazzo to write my own Super Smash Bros. mode for SRB2JTE under the condition that I write it from scratch... And I did nearly that for Shuffle anyway, before painfully walking him through making the HUD and the camera... The latter of which I had never done before myself and thus had a few problems with, but Shuffle's a smart young lad, he figured it out just fine...

Hehe, looking up at Spazzo's post, he sure did freak out...
^_^ This future looks to be interesting, to say the least, I'm glad I'm around to watch it.

XD

So, the very second your life support runs off, you call it quits? Listen, it may have been your project, but you never actually did anything. At least, that's what I've been told. And no, being Mr. Director doesn't count. This project would've died right off the bat if it weren't for everyone else.

Spazzo said:
Shuffle...you are not the creator, so you have 0 executive power. I thoguht i explained to you that you shouldnt take all the credit, as the world dosent revolve around you, nor me, for that matter.

So... Who's the creator, then? You? No, I'm afraid it doesn't work that way. Y'see, you need to create something to become the creator. Seeing as how Shuffle's work makes up the bulk of this project, technically, he has more executive power than you. And most of the credit goes to him for reasons already specified; not like you're giving him the credit he deserves, anyway.

Spazzo said:
If you had asked me before, I would of considered adding your name to the title.

You mean, you hadn't already done this before? Zing! Like I said, no credit. Mabye if you had given him a little more recognition, things wouldn't have gone sour. This project is dissimilar to Starchaos only in that it actually has workers backing it up. Seeing as how Shuffle has the code, I believe he has every right to call the shots. So yeah, get off your high-horse.

hotdog003 said:
Oh, dear. This could turn into a war of the SRB2 members. That would be ugly.
The topic will surely be locked before it does. I didn't lock it because I think it would be a disservice to those involved to lock it before it can come to a proper resolution.

That being said, please play nice. I know there are some major emotions here, but keep this civilized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back