Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler!
don't bother getting all red rings unless you like powerups... The only good ones are classic homing and a faster homing for modern, there's no extra for getting everything besides pictures and music, no levels.

Last edited:
Beat my old record by almost 2 seconds and still had two mistakes.

GreenHillModern.png

Spoiler!
don't bother getting all red rings unless you like powerups... The only good ones are classic homing and a faster homing for modern, there's no extra for getting everything besides pictures and music, no levels.
What about for super sonic?

Super Sonic is unlocked automatically after beating the game. He kind of sucks in this game as he is nerfed so much to the point that he isn't really that "super" anymore, just yellow and invincible.

:/
unless you're boosting then he turns into a noclipping ring devouring god.

Last edited:
Fly-boosting as Super Sonic isn't really much fun in the gameplay department, since you're just boosting, even faster so than normal Modern Sonic. The SPECTACLE, however, is pretty damned fantastic.

However, emphasis on "Look how cool Sonic can be for 5 seconds" is one of the reasons why the modern games lack the quality they should have.

Just a few more comments about Generations, perhaps a mini review of sorts:

When I first watched some of the previews of Modern Sonic before the game came out, I thought to myself, "I wish there was more exploration". After playing a bit, I almost feel overwhelmed by the amount of exploration in the later levels, and that's a good thing. I'm actually having a whole lot of fun just searching through all the later levels. In terms of how the levels are structured, it feels like the exploration is more linear/restricted than SRB2, but at the same time, it doesn't negatively affect the game at all. I was honestly extremely and surprisingly pleased with Modern gameplay.

As for Classic Sonic, I've been playing Classic a bit more and although it's quite a bit different than the originals it's becoming more fun for me. At first I was really disappointed with the physics - bouncing off enemies sends you a predetermined height, awkward jump when moving slow, vertical springs cancelling all horizontal momentum - but after playing more, it's not bothering me nearly as much. Most likely the biggest reason for these physics was to make it more simple and reasonable to reach alternate paths using enemies as the means of which to get there. I still wish that the physics were more like the originals, but I also believe that this version undoubtedly has its own merits.

Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with Generations and will be playing it for quite a bit longer. Even though I've played 30 hours so far (way too unproductive), I haven't beaten the game or even reached halfway with the achievements. Having too much fun exploring/speedrunning. Even if I get bored of the game sometime soon, I know I'll definitely be replaying it in the future.

Last edited:
Sounds like you guys have had a lot to say about the XBOX360 version plenty of off-putting negatives...pity I haven't been able to look for a more presice release date for the 3DS rather than the month itself, november :/ but it looks that damn good ^u^
sonicgen-300x186.jpg
Will it be THAT damn good though...? Sorry but i'm quite hyped for this as I type it

I'm really skeptical about the 3DS version actually, only I'm not sure why.

I finished the PC version yesterday. Here's my verdict:
The final boss was shit. I also hated Planet Wisp as much as I did in Colours; I liked it at first and then it's like OH FUCK

Well, I had the game since last Tuesday, beat the story, all the extra missions, all red rings, and S rank on all Acts and bosses, got all achievements, except ONE, its the "not get hit on final boss" one, I just can't do it... I'm not sharing this show I have no life, quite the opposite, I haven't rely logged that many hours considering... For example, If I took the time I played, and converted it to SA2, I would probably just finished the story... Whatever, my point is the game feels short... so I'm hopping for DL content.

For me it was tough getting a hang of Modern Sonic's controls at the beginning. It wasn't until 5 levels later that I finally started turning my B's into A's and S's. Classic Sonic though, was very easy to get a hang of. In fact I enjoyed his levels the most.

I also did a bit of math, and averaged out all the ratings the different sites such as IGN and 1UP were giving Sonic Generations. The average turned out to be 8.1 which isn't too bad. I did, however, expect a higher average.

All in all Sonic Generations was a great game. Even though I recently beat it completely I will very likely come back to it to get some speed runs in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back