• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Robo Blast 2: Apocalypse

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrConductor-Diesel10-Sugar.png

I'm the train. This thread is Alec Baldwin

I know that Hyper might not be original, but I was bored and the combination of Black and Orange seemed cool to me.
And the music I got off of BrawlCustomMusic.com.
As with meteors and ledges falling on top of the player, it would be too soon for that in the first zone.

But level pack has to be hard, start with a super easy and boring zone is... boring (?)
For instance, putting turrets in the first stage won't hurt anything, as some crumbling ledges in scenery at least.

I know that Hyper might not be original, but I was bored and the combination of Black and Orange seemed cool to me.

If you know that he isn't that good of a character, then why include him? A character like Rosy would fit better (but knowing you, you'd change her ability to Homing Attack and we all know that we don't have enough characters with that move.).

Last edited:
srb20025%20%282%29.png

No, seriously, what IS this even? How can you not know how skies work!? That's super basic?

How did that happen? Proper skies are added to new levels pretty much automatically. You'd have to put effort into screwing it up. :P

No, seriously, I'm asking a legitimate question: how did that happen?

It happens when people think that you use skies as a wall texture. Not the case at all if you ever read the Wiki any more than a skim-through.

How did that happen? Proper skies are added to new levels pretty much automatically. You'd have to put effort into screwing it up. :P

No, seriously, I'm asking a legitimate question: how did that happen?

I had recently discovered I had uploaded a W.I.P. translation to 2.1.

I have another file that has fixed the sky box.
Either the file just wants to mess up or it could be that I test it with Open_GL
enabled.

I think it's the second one.

Either the file just wants to mess up or it could be that I test it with Open_GL
enabled.

I think it's the second one.

Neither of those can be the problem. This can only be contributed to the mapper's mistakes, not "oh yeah the file must have done that". OpenGL renders badly made skies exactly like that, too, so stop trying to blame a mistake of yours on something else.

Well, I've tried the wad and I must say that YOU DIDN'T TEST THIS STUFF.

Lets start off from the start, shall we? There's 73.1 MB worth of stuff in this single zone wad. That alone isn't right, since it shows that you put a bunch of unnecesarry shit in here. You already put a bunch of unfinished levels in there, with each their own custom music. No wonder the file is so huge.

Now, to the levels. When I entered GHZ1, I was greeted by a lovely HOM.

AAIo9WSW-HyXuqSDW2OxQ4YuKewB9qFhCCjNd4ebw1CyyA

Seriously, that's just ugly. Going on, I went through the level, when SUDDENLY CRISIS CITY AND BURNED DOWN LAND APPROACH.

AALEmRBsWkGUkw8hstCqIPnUpZJLvLdzYkDcUnBegaEa8g

The transition makes no sense, and is incredibly sudden. Also, it is way too easy to fall into the lava lake when you get bounced out of the 2D section.

Also, your zoomtubes are pretty ugly.
AAIXId-19s9_4azHR8INpMn5Kj4dQbfLND44PFKviC_45A

Oh, and did I mention the freaking HOMs.
AAKbXRiRND5QguQgeAKNs6gJJfrrZ75aQhM9hizMmJlgFw

Oh, and this room is just ugly, so you know. Don't use that as a wall texture.
AAIbXbxNOt7cXI0pEo1yj7r7eW4Q8Wao7Wl2X_MDilzuPw

Then, there's the water bridge in GHZ2, where you abused the Sharps. Don't put so much Sharps there, it's just annoying.

The boss is alright though, even if those cannonballs are a bit annoying.

Do us all a favor and test your maps, or release a few betas of the levels first before you put it into a level pack. Also, don't add unfinished maps with zero content in them and their own music to boot. It's just annoying.

If you know that he isn't that good of a character, then why include him? A character like Rosy would fit better (but knowing you, you'd change her ability to Homing Attack and we all know that we don't have enough characters with that move.).

Any characters that I would include would be given the closest ability to their actual moves.

So, if Rosy were to be included, I would leave her ability as close to the original.

As with why I'd include Hyper despite him being not a very original character?

He would be better suited with the situation than rosy.

---------- Post added at 04:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 AM ----------

Well, I've tried the wad and I must say that YOU DIDN'T TEST THIS STUFF.

Lets start off from the start, shall we? There's 73.1 MB worth of stuff in this single zone wad. That alone isn't right, since it shows that you put a bunch of unnecesarry shit in here. You already put a bunch of unfinished levels in there, with each their own custom music. No wonder the file is so huge.

Now, to the levels. When I entered GHZ1, I was greeted by a lovely HOM.

AAIo9WSW-HyXuqSDW2OxQ4YuKewB9qFhCCjNd4ebw1CyyA

Seriously, that's just ugly. Going on, I went through the level, when SUDDENLY CRISIS CITY AND BURNED DOWN LAND APPROACH.

AALEmRBsWkGUkw8hstCqIPnUpZJLvLdzYkDcUnBegaEa8g

The transition makes no sense, and is incredibly sudden. Also, it is way too easy to fall into the lava lake when you get bounced out of the 2D section.

Also, your zoomtubes are pretty ugly.
AAIXId-19s9_4azHR8INpMn5Kj4dQbfLND44PFKviC_45A

Oh, and did I mention the freaking HOMs.
AAKbXRiRND5QguQgeAKNs6gJJfrrZ75aQhM9hizMmJlgFw

Oh, and this room is just ugly, so you know. Don't use that as a wall texture.
AAIbXbxNOt7cXI0pEo1yj7r7eW4Q8Wao7Wl2X_MDilzuPw

Then, there's the water bridge in GHZ2, where you abused the Sharps. Don't put so much Sharps there, it's just annoying.

The boss is alright though, even if those cannonballs are a bit annoying.

Do us all a favor and test your maps, or release a few betas of the levels first before you put it into a level pack. Also, don't add unfinished maps with zero content in them and their own music to boot. It's just annoying.

The 'Unfinished levels' are there as a means of getting feedback on what to do with them.
As for the zoomtubes in Act 2, to be honest, I was lazy.
I'll fix them as best as I can.
The transition in Act 1, I will work on making it more realistic.
And the skyboxes are a result of having Open_GL disabled.
Try it.

Why did you put F_sky as the wall texture? now the sky is all mirroring and glitching. Its supost to be a floor texture. Its really not that hard, It looks like you tryed to port this from 2.0.7 to 2.1 or you did something very very wrong. Other then what I noticed the rest of act 1 is fine. But the other acts...
Did you test these levels before uploading?

AND WHY IS THIS MOD 73.1 MB FOR A SINGLE ZONE
And the reason why the file is so big is because of the music files inside the wad.

Last edited:
Why did you put F_sky as the wall texture? now the sky is all mirroring and glitching. Its supost to be a floor texture. Its really not that hard, It looks like you tryed to port this from 2.0.7 to 2.1 or you did something very very wrong.
Did you test these levels before uploading?

I had tested them before, but it seems that Open_GL is used as much as I thought.
And in the doom builder, the walls that you say have F_sky set to them, I don't have a texture set to them.
I'll reupload a better version soon.

I had tested them before, but it seems that Open_GL is used as much as I thought.
And in the doom builder, the walls that you say have F_sky set to them, I don't have a texture set to them.
I'll reupload a better version soon.

I didn't test this in Opengl, I tested it in Software mode and still found some things wrong. Your mod is not as bad though I seen worst.

Last edited:
The 'Unfinished levels' are there as a means of getting feedback on what to do with them.
As for the zoomtubes in Act 2, to be honest, I was lazy.
I'll fix them as best as I can.
The transition in Act 1, I will work on making it more realistic.
And the skyboxes are a result of having Open_GL disabled.
Try it.

Well, you can also just post screenshots of the levels instead of putting them in the wad, since it just unnecesarily bloats the filesize, especially if you also throw in custom music. Following on this, I recommend that you use music provided by the game itself, so you don't have to add so much music.

You know, it's better if the levels don't have those HOMs at all, since people play in both modes.

Oh, and all the lava should be solid on the top, so you can't fall in, like with the lava in the Eggman arena in GHZ3.

The levels seem OK, But GHZ2 was god-awfully confusing...
And in act 1 of GHZ, Looks like I'm not the only one who can create craters. Yours look like the ones in EggmanWay5. Although I made mine like EMW5 craters...

Any characters that I would include would be given the closest ability to their actual moves.

And Thok wasn't close enough to it? So you just wanted to include as many Hedgehogs as possible whose ability that is most suitable is Homing Attack?

As with why I'd include Hyper despite him being not a very original character?

He would be better suited with the situation than rosy.

How about not including him at all and stop attempting to bring as many shitty characters you possibly can into the mix? How about scrap the situation because it's shit in the first place? The exact same thing happened with EMW5; a ton of characters were added and all of these additions and changes were complete garbage. Why can't you just use the default cast? What is your problem with it? Why is three characters too little for you? And how is adding characters who are exactly the same making this levelpack any better?

Now, before you go any farther with the terrible "oh no apocalypse happens" theme, I'd like to inform you that your not original. At all. Probably at least fifty people have attempted this exact same thing. All of them went down the drain (except EMW5, but that thing is an awful piece of shit that just compliments my point that this theme is only done by awful creators), and you know why? Because every person who has attempted the same theme isn't experienced at all, and those who ARE experienced don't want to work on something that just sounds plain bad.

The theme is something on the level of fan-character creators who think that their idea of putting a shit-load of nit-nacks and several layers of clothes is the absolute greatest thing ever. "hey guys i have this hella rad idea. it's sonic, but during the end of the world" has been said so many times that no one cares anymore. Even if (and that's a very huge if) someone talented was working on this, no one would want to try it out just because of the idea. None of the screenshots changed my mind or blew me away, and I even thought for a minute that you stolen something from EMW5 because they look exactly the same. Not to mention that you've included one of the worst fan-characters ever whose just begging to be on the Sonic Fanon Wiki. The theme can just be summarized as "World 8, but as an entire game", which, I might add, is boring and you can't do much with it.

There's nothing here redeemable. The level design is literally just zoom-tubes and curved path-ways. Please, do yourself a favor and read this over a couple times. Let's not forget the awful hub that doesn't let you revisit levels, grab collectibles or anything, and is just there to waste your time. All of the levels are flat and have nothing in them to let me even have fun playing them.

Also, your digging yourself an even bigger ditch by making it a massive levelpack. This is pretty much every beginners flaw; they want to make the next Mystic Realm. Stop. Just make one, standalone level. Don't even think about making it a zone, just one level. Keep on making standalone levels until people have little flaws with them. Then, start focusing on making just single zones. Keep doing that until you get better reception. Then, once you show you have the devotion to making good levels, you can start planning a levelpack. As your mapping skills show right now, your levels are godawful long strips of curves with some zoom-tubes followed up by the first Egg Mobile fight but with lava. AKA, something nobody would like to play several zones of.

Ugh, long rant over.

If you gave me the work to organize and fix the maps, you would be impressed with what I can do. Just remove fancharacters and this mod will be awesome.

The insanity continues

So... I've given this pack another playthrough, and what I found was that for some inexplicable reason you included old versions of official maps from SRB2. I've found that one of your Tropical Coast maps (map13) was 2.0 ACZ, for instance, just with rain and a different sky. (And custom music, of course.)

...But that's nothing compared to the fact almost every single 2.0 Match map is also in there. Seriously dude, what the heck do you even need those for? And the ''arena'' maps that aren't 2.0 maps are just terrible and incomplete, and also symmetrical.

Really now. Get your shit together. Please, before you destroy everyone's sanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back