How do i become an administrator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chabo said:
Nice what did you do to get rid of the white?

Used PSP to palette it and told it to use white as transparent. Might have to change the color, since the eyes are white. I'll wait and see.

As Sik clarified earlier for Super Sonic 2005's sake, I'm an admin because I'm part of SRB2's staff; I did about half of the soundtrack. FuriousFox got admin status after a441 left because we needed another admin, but also because he was part of the game's staff by that point, doing a nicely heavy amount of coding alongside our original programmer, SSNTails. a441 was made one because he joined the staff when it happened, FF took over a441's coding position. So admins are pulled only from game staff really.

We don't need anymore admins at this point (despite the fact that I keep losing Net access and am not able to pull my weight for months at a time, though I seem to be back permanently now, hopefully). If we ever need moderators, we'll draw them either from more game staff that's here but not doing any jobs forum-wise (and there are several of these), or from forum users who have been here for a long time and shown themselves to be trustworthy. Probably the first before the second, although all the people that are part of the first group have already been here a long time and are trustworthy. But anyways, we don't need mods now either. And chances are, we never will, since as has already been mentioned, Mystic does a good enough job controlling the forum for all 4 admins anyways, though the rest of us still attempt to lay the law down where necessary.

That's the long answer to your question. The short answer, and the answer used by the majority of message boards on the Internet when this question is asked, is this: if you need to ask, you're not going to be one. Sorry to be blunt, but that's the gist of it.

Arrow said:
FuriousFox got admin status after a441 left because we needed another admin, but also because he was part of the game's staff by that point, doing a nicely heavy amount of coding alongside our original programmer, SSNTails.
Thanks, I didn't remember what was exactly FuriousFox's job in the staff.

Arrow said:
Mystic does a good enough job controlling the forum for all 4 admins anyways,
If Mystic has the time, he would be able to be administrator on more than 200 forums and still do his job perfectly. Really. Like he has a natural ability for administrating forums. :? He does his job INCREDIBLY well.

Arrow said:
FuriousFox got admin status after a441 left because we needed another admin, but also because he was part of the game's staff by that point, doing a nicely heavy amount of coding alongside our original programmer, SSNTails. a441 was made one because he joined the staff when it happened, FF took over a441's coding position. So admins are pulled only from game staff really.
What? I don't do any programming, I'm just a beta tester.

Mystic gave me Moderator status a couple of months before 1.09's release, since he knew there'd be alot of n00bs coming to the boards once it came out. I was promoted to Adminstrator after "Mystic with a Moustache" came and trolled here. He said he had to leave to go somewhere, and gave me Admin status just in case the guy came back. I've had it ever since.

Sonicandtails218 said:
He's already got his own board a thousand times the size of this to mod. :p
I'd debate whether the Mobius Forum (Sonic HQ's place) is "my own board", but yeah, this is true.

I could always mod here if it was offered to me, though. Which it hasn't, and likely won't.

FuriousFox said:
What? I don't do any programming, I'm just a beta tester.

Oh, my bad. I obviously wasn't paying a shred of attention. But you're technically part of the staff anyways, so my original point certainly stands. You were a good choice regardless.

Shadow Hog, your avatar is the best ever.

Chaoman said:
I watch ZIM dvds and I like being a comedian. I'm also a SONIC fan and play Shadow The Hedgehog. I watched the scene where he sent Eggman to hell.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you really sure that you want to be an administrator?
If you were, you would mess up a bunch of things around here, probably.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arrow said:
We don't need anymore admins at this point (despite the fact that I keep losing Net access and am not able to pull my weight for months at a time, though I seem to be back permanently now, hopefully).

TailsDoll said:
Wow, Arrow, where the hell have you been? Haven't seen you post in a long time. o.o

Someone didn't read my post. :P

I moved, and it took almost an entire month (and about four different visits) for my cable company to get off their lazy behinds and get me properly hooked up. Prior to that, I was bouncing between various locations and generally had only dialup available, at limited lengths, and couldn't really spare time to browse my usual group of message boards.

I'm back now though.

As I said, it's the follow up to the "How the heck do I" topic. It's kind of a, well, as Mystic once said, "necessary spam topic". Or not.

I'll just shut up and leave you guys with my avatar.

fox.dx2 said:
Chaoman said:
I watch ZIM dvds and I like being a comedian. I'm also a SONIC fan and play Shadow The Hedgehog. I watched the scene where he sent Eggman to hell.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you really sure that you want to be an administrator?
If you were, you would mess up a bunch of things around here, probably.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I second that claim

Dude, please stop asking for admin privlidges. You are not going to get admin'd, it's that simple. The only way that you could, however, is show proper judgement of the rules (no stupidity, spam, wtf my pet shrimp died??????, etc), if you're nice and pelasant to talk to, and if they think they need another admin.

You can, however, ask one of the admins for another rank. They might be glad to give you one. You see the 'user' text to the left of my post here? They can change that for you if you ask and have been a good boy/girl for the past 11 years. But, if you want anything more then that, then you might have to prove your worth.

And, no, I am not an admin, I just hold the reccord for highest post count. (a.k.a. I spam too much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back