• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

EGGMANSWAY5 Remade public beta 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow

-http://www.sendspace.com/file/3k8fm1-(broken shades, don't download)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a43pyi(this one is fine yo)

there it is, the remade Lobby and dark plains acts 1-3, I had to take sa mode out because of the glitch.Please post comments,recommendations,etc.

OH, if you really wanna see metal sonic, His data is already back in. Just go to any map that would have eggman on it and SPOOKYVOODOPOOF metalsonic to hand you a few smackdowns.

Oh, one last thing, this is already 16mb. 56kers beware. the next demo will have a 'no music' version(though i HIGHLY don't recommend it)

Please Read
To play properly i must tell some basic info'mation
First off, if you want to play online, only the host runs the .bat.
You can't really play this single player quite yet, it'll ruin experience. Just play multiplayer by yourself. Now theres a few characters to choose from.

Sonic:(in the console, type exec shs.cfg.1=speed form,2=power form)
Sonic is fast as he is lazy nowadays. Those chilli dogs have been gettin to him. He mostly sits behind a shiney desk all day now.Sonic is a good choice for advanced players.

Tails:(exec sht.cfg)
Tails is the unloved leader in the eggman time period. People usually never take him serious. However because Tails can fly he dominates alot of the beginning levels(not necessarily(SP?@_@)the bosses).Good choice for beginners.

Knuckles:(exec shk.cfg)
Knux is the powerhouse of the 3 leaders. However lately hes been a slacker. So now he has to defend his tail as the true power house. Knux, not so much as Tails, dominates the beginning levels(even the bosses...)
Good choice for medium skill players.

Shadow:(exec shsh.cfg)
Shadow has come along way in life. He is now the leader of angel's crevase. However Shadow has been aging a bit. Beginners/medium skill for playing with.

Fujisawa:(exec shfuji.cfg)
Fujisawa's family has a long line of past generals... Fuji seeks to obtain that title. Currently a private, Fuji likes to use tactics in battles. Fuji plays the exact same as sonic(for now...)

Mimiru:(exec shmimi.cfg)
I felt that there needed to be a girl character. Mimiru is a very basic character. I'd suggest medium to expert skill perhaps.

Shades:(exec shshade.cfg)
Don't. Touch. The glasses. Is all i gotta say for this self-obsorbed echidna. He is a general at angel's crevase(JUST added in as playable).It takes little skill to be good with shades. I'd suggest beginners.[/url]

Shadow said:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/3k8fm1

there it is, the remade Lobby and dark plains acts 1-3, I had to take sa mode out because of the glitch.Please post comments,recommendations,etc.

OH, if you really wanna see metal sonic, His data is already back in. Just go to any map that would have eggman on it and SPOOKYVOODOPOOF metalsonic to hand you a few smackdowns.

Oh, one last thing, this is already 16mb. 56kers beware. the next demo will have a 'no music' version(though i HIGHLY don't recommend it)

Please Read
To play properly i must tell some basic info'mation
First off, if you want to play online, only the host runs the .bat.
You can't really play this single player quite yet, it'll ruin experience. Just play multiplayer by yourself. Now theres a few characters to choose from.

Sonic:(in the console, type exec shs.cfg.1=speed form,2=power form)
Sonic is fast as he is lazy nowadays. Those chilli dogs have been gettin to him. He mostly sits behind a shiney desk all day now.Sonic is a good choice for advanced players.

Tails:(exec sht.cfg)
Tails is the unloved leader in the eggman time period. People usually never take him serious. However because Tails can fly he dominates alot of the beginning levels(not necessarily(SP?@_@)the bosses).Good choice for beginners.

Knuckles:(exec shk.cfg)
Knux is the powerhouse of the 3 leaders. However lately hes been a slacker. So now he has to defend his tail as the true power house. Knux, not so much as Tails, dominates the beginning levels(even the bosses...)
Good choice for medium skill players.

Shadow:(exec shsh.cfg)
Shadow has come along way in life. He is now the leader of angel's crevase. However Shadow has been aging a bit. Beginners/medium skill for playing with.

Fujisawa:(exec shfuji.cfg)
Fujisawa's family has a long line of past generals... Fuji seeks to obtain that title. Currently a private, Fuji likes to use tactics in battles. Fuji plays the exact same as sonic(for now...)

Mimiru:(exec shmimi.cfg)
I felt that there needed to be a girl character. Mimiru is a very basic character. I'd suggest medium to expert skill perhaps.

Shades:(exec shshade.cfg)
Don't. Touch. The glasses. Is all i gotta say for this self-obsorbed echidna. He is a general at angel's crevase(JUST added in as playable).It takes little skill to be good with shades. I'd suggest beginners.

NAME TAKEN.
Change name.

yeah, the name is taken by me...and if your refering to the characters-
they were made 4 years ago(except the amy/mimiru)

and i see your referring to shades... i'll name 2 problems for ya.
1.He's an echidna
2.He was made about 4 years ago, I used to play as him but then i switched to merely old Shadow.

I've had mine since....2000.
But then again....Shades The Echidna....Shades The Hedgehog....
Ah well, keep your character.
They ARE both different speicies...

O. well I really need feedback about this beta. Pros and Cons. Complaints to it(besides how big it is...)and the such.

Shades14236 said:
I've had mine since....2000.

You're saying that you made a Shadow recolor in 2000? Sonic Adventure 2 didn't come out until mid-2001, though.

Wow you've really improved this wad since we all last played it. It's way more bigger and you actually added lots of scenery. You did a very good job updating this.

Pros = I Liked how after finshing the second stage it goes back to the first stage but it is at night time, and the exit to the next level (which is not yet done XD).

And the theme of the levels, thought that was cool too.

Cons = What was Brad (the stage not the character) all about - he is probably king or some thing?

It is also disapointing that you can't play as Shades, I know he is just there for scenery but it would be good for a laugh to play as him.

Incidentally, the link to the fixed one doesn't appear to work for me.

Well, I agree, you've done a great job updating this stuff, and making it not suck. More scenery, less completely open nonsense, less overkill enemies. Generally much better across the board.

However, there are a few problems left:
* Your stages aren't flagged as Single Player levels. Hence, you skip through to Techno Hill 3 when you complete them. You need to add 4096 to the gametype in the SOC, so the game doesn't ignore all the levels and make me warp to each one with the console.
* The Crawlas are WAY too fast. I understand you want to make it hard, but there is a line between "Hard" and "Unfair". You aren't ever going to die to the Crawlas, but you ARE going to be hit 15 times because you jump onto a platform, and one appears out of nowhere and just hits you. Getting hit and not having a thing you can do about it just isn't fun.
* Why do the bosses take so many hits? Again, I understand you're trying to make it hard, but really all it does it make it tedious (Not to mention practically impossible in 1.09.3.X, because the Egg Slimer goes faster every hit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back