Suggestions

I can't think of a good way to keep track of which savefile belongs to which character, though. Keep in mind that to SRB2, characters are numbers, and you can add wads in whatever order you want.

That's not the problem.

When SRB2 is loaded, it sets characters 0, 1 and 2 as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, respectively. This setting is immutable unless you tinker away at the source code. When you load a character wad, it takes character slot 3. Load another one, and it uses slot 4.

Now, imagine you start up SRB2, load Amy (3), then load Shadow (4). You clear the game as Amy. The save file is registered as character 3 having cleared the game. You reboot SRB2, and this time you load Shadow first (3) and Amy next (4). The load game screen now shows the game has been cleared as Shadow, which is now character 3.

The only solution I can see to this is saving the filename and md5sum of the character wad to the save file. When the game loads up, it goes through the save files, and looks for the corresponding wad file. If the md5s match, the save file is valid.

Now bug someone to implement it.

Last edited:
I'd rather have that suggestion Senku once made about being able to set an ID for characters in S_SKIN. That suggestion was for emblems, but it could work here as well.

But the problem is, what if two character WADs choose the same ID? I think the only real solution here is to use strings to identify characters and stop using numbers.

A way to put flipped things on FOF's

And a way to save progress in unlockables like SRB2 Christmas's Remix Mirror mode or the unmodded game's SRB1 remake.

Last edited:
The Ability to Pick Up Items? Pushing Items are kinda slower.

Yes, but that would require more sprites, which would in turn require a source code modification(I think).

2.SRB2 Doom Builder suggestion: I think you should be password protect your level wad so when someone downloads it he will not be able to open it; also it would be useful if your map has hidden places.

YES! This should be. But then, it might create some kind of war or something, so maybe no.

And I think the ice-cubed thingy would also require more sprites, but would also add to the coolness of SRB2's Blue Mountain Zone.

Why don't we make a zone or even another version that's backwards? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OiDRP60aHM&feature=related Just think of it this way. Everything bad would be good and everything good would be bad. Like if 65 years from now, it would be the year 1945 and WW2 would then be going backwards, millions will be brought back to life and Hitler will free France and Poland. But Santa would then be a cook that goes down the chimney to steal all the kids favorite toys. Santa is good in the forward world but bad in the backward world. War is bad in the forward but good in the backward. War kills in the forward but in the backward it would be like a genie bringing people back to life.Also left would be right, up would be down and forward would be backward.

Why don't we make a zone or even another version that's backwards? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OiDRP60aHM&feature=related Just think of it this way. Everything bad would be good and everything good would be bad. Like if 65 years from now, it would be the year 1945 and WW2 would then be going backwards, millions will be brought back to life and Hitler will free France and Poland. But Santa would then be a cook that goes down the chimney to steal all the kids favorite toys. Santa is good in the forward world but bad in the backward world. War is bad in the forward but good in the backward. War kills in the forward but in the backward it would be like a genie bringing people back to life.Also left would be right, up would be down and forward would be backward.

I'm sorry, but can someone translate this?

Mine Maze and Rocky Mountains gimmicks were combined to form Arid Canyon. Act 2 will feature more of MMZ's old designs. The reason we canned the zone wasn't to remove the old ideas, it was more because there just weren't enough of the ideas to fill an entire 3-act zone out of them. Same with Rocky Mountain.

And that really benefits the game: Look at how many different gimmicks there are in ACZ1 and how long yet consistently solid it is.

Now imagine ACZ1 without the rope gimmick, spread out across two acts, and that was pretty much what Rocky Mountain was going to be like. Not very interesting, huh?

Trust me, the canning of those two stages doesn't mean the ideas aren't going to be used, they're just going to be used in a way that won't make them stale over the course of the stage.

On a slightly related note: Now that Red Volcano Act 2 has become Blue Mountain Zone, wouldn't that mean there are some ideas left for RVZ1?

Restrict the player from changing skins mid-game, unless they are a spectator.

I agree with "Restric" as long as it doesn't mean "Disallow totally". Once I had suggested an ALLOWSKINCHANGE 0/1 variable a while ago. With this variable, the server could decide if skin change should be disallowed or not.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back