This needs to be addressed to. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not very obvious you're supposed to hide behind those barrels. People say this boss is made more obvious, which it is. But that attack is just cheap if you have no idea what you're doing to dodge it. Usual trick is to run, but you can't shake it off, so it's bullcrap until you MAGICALLY find out that you have to hide behind those things...

Kind of like a certain other boss we know, eh? Where you had to actually THINK about how to dodge things/hit him?

I don't consider it a giant leap of logic to look for cover when somebody's sniping at you, and since the barrels are raised the very same instant the crosshair appears, I'd expect the player to think that maybe they might have something to do with it. Not every boss mechanic that requires you to think is automatically cheap.

I think the problem here isn't really the boss mechanic itself, but that it really isn't explained well - I didn't get what was going on either until my third attempt. A few suggested changes to this attack of the boss, perhaps:

> Make the rail ring animation occur when Eggman attacks you like this - it really isn't apparent that Eggman is actually sniping you when he's doing this attack. At first, I thought I was just being sniped from something above.
> Make the barriers either slightly larger or slightly taller - just something to make it more obvious that they exist. The first few times I fought this boss, I didn't even KNOW the barriers were even there.
> And to a lesser extent, make the delay time before he attacks slightly larger (like, 0.25-0.5 seconds larger) - it's often pretty hard to react to this attack even when you DO know what you're doing.

I'm just glad that the knockback sends you UPWARDS, not blasted back like the easily dodgable missiles.

The only thing that this boss needs is a red laser to signify the target attack. Beyond that, it's perfectly fair and the guy who made this video just sucks at dodging attacks and every bit of pain he's enduring he is bringing on himself.

OMG I just hate the crosshair just aiming at you. That aiming system should have some time of delay, to accompany the delay, an explosion in one of the sides of the player should be enough, it's injust, you have less than 2 seconds to run into a barrel to cover up, you gotta think fast but it's almost impossible. The rest of the boss is a piece of cake |:), but when that bomb f**cks you out of the battle circle just because you failed to cover up for just 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 miliseconds is really injust.

Last edited:
OMG I just hate the crosshair just aiming at you. That aiming system should have some time of delay, to accompany the delay, an explosion in one of the sides of the player should be enough, it's injust, you have less than 2 seconds to run into a barrel to cover up, you gotta think fast but it's almost impossible. The rest of the boss is a piece of cake |:), but when that bomb f**cks you out of the battle circle just because you failed to cover up for just 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 miliseconds is really injust.

...Now that's just unnecessary exaggeration. From what I've seen, it is surprising but far from being unfair.

In all honesty, the brakkerdemon is too damned easy >:V

For the record, I just spent a few hours last night adding in a dotted line from the targeting reticule to Brak when he's charging the attack, just to hammer in the "line of sight" aspect a little harder. If we have to push out a 2.1.7, it'll probably show up there.

I wish a rail ring trail was spawned when the attack goes off, as well. hehe. :3
Should be doable; var1 of A_VileAttack hasn't been split into two variables yet...

For the record, I just spent a few hours last night adding in a dotted line from the targeting reticule to Brak when he's charging the attack, just to hammer in the "line of sight" aspect a little harder. If we have to push out a 2.1.7, it'll probably show up there.

Ah, that's great! That's a good way to do it that I hadn't thought of.

(And yes, I think there has to be a 2.1.7. This has to be fixed, because it's part of the normal game that every player will experience.)

I bet if I upload the full recording of this, you'd think differently. Yes, I know some were my fault. Hell, half of the cut footage was me fucking up. I just cut down to the point where it wouldn't be boring (because the original recording was 6 minutes), and down to the point where I know that it was bullshit.

First off, half of the deaths consist of me getting shot by that lock-on attack. That shit is impossible to signify when it'll come up and to avoid it is even more of a close call. That's classic Nintendo bullshit. Tails is not fast enough to dodge the lock-on attacks. The only way I could have been able to escape it is if I was near one of those blocking walls, but how the fuck are you suppose to know WHEN he signifies that he's going to do a lock-on attack? That's one of the major problems of this fucking game, there's no clear pattern or clear warnings, you have to pay close attention to it, even though you have a barrage of shit trying to destroy you. What I'm trying to say is that if it's not one, it's the other.

Secondly, Near the end of the fight, the walls break down, making the fight totally impossible to win. The strafe can only do so much before half of the time it becomes a nuisance considering those fucking bombs engulfs half of the board, making me accidentally strafing into them more than necessary.

Finally, the robot just moves in a spastic pattern. It's semi-following you, but half of the time when I'm trying to attack it, I swear I'm pixel perfect to the hit detection and half of the time the mother fucker doesn't get affected by it. That happened to me in the uncut recording so many times.

In conclusion, this boss is fucking ridiculous. I may have bitched about the Castle Eggman boss on the forums (which, btw is still bullshit even with Tails), but this final boss just take the fucking cake.

How are new players suppose to get into this? They play through the game and make it to the final boss whereas they get butt-fucked with this spastic bullshit.

I don't care what you assholes say, I'm STILL sticking to this argument. It's ridiculous as hell. This isn't Devil May Cry, it's a fucking Sonic fangame.

I feel like all this boss needs is a dotted line constantly connecting from the player to Brak (which is now stated to have been done!), and a longer period to hide behind the barrels when they come up. Besides that though, it's hard to take the OP seriously when they're dropping F-bombs, cursing everyone out, and whatnot; it makes me feel like I took a trip back into Sonic Retro (except with less analog whining).

I bet if I upload the full recording of this, you'd think differently. Yes, I know some were my fault. Hell, half of the cut footage was me fucking up. I just cut down to the point where it wouldn't be boring (because the original recording was 6 minutes), and down to the point where I know that it was bullshit.

First off, half of the deaths consist of me getting shot by that lock-on attack. That shit is impossible to signify when it'll come up and to avoid it is even more of a close call. That's classic Nintendo bullshit. Tails is not fast enough to dodge the lock-on attacks. The only way I could have been able to escape it is if I was near one of those blocking walls, but how the fuck are you suppose to know WHEN he signifies that he's going to do a lock-on attack? That's one of the major problems of this fucking game, there's no clear pattern or clear warnings, you have to pay close attention to it, even though you have a barrage of shit trying to destroy you. What I'm trying to say is that if it's not one, it's the other.

As we said before. The lock on is avoided by the hiding behind the gray barrels. You have plenty of time to make it there while there is still a lock on, if you are unable to make it there in time, grab your rings and continue on. Not that hard.

Secondly, Near the end of the fight, the walls break down, making the fight totally impossible to win. The strafe can only do so much before half of the time it becomes a nuisance considering those fucking bombs engulfs half of the board, making me accidentally strafing into them more than necessary.
Stop strafing. Seriously I don't see why people do it outside of match. It is stupid beyond belief. If what is killing you is the bullets that push you back, as I said earlier, when you attack him, he counter attacks. Use this to your advantage.

Finally, the robot just moves in a spastic pattern. It's semi-following you, but half of the time when I'm trying to attack it, I swear I'm pixel perfect to the hit detection and half of the time the mother fucker doesn't get affected by it. That happened to me in the uncut recording so many times.
All he does is follow you and occasionally attacks. I honestly don't see how you miss him, he's that big.

Stop strafing. Seriously I don't see why people do it outside of match. It is stupid beyond belief. If what is killing you is the bullets that push you back, as I said earlier, when you attack him, he counter attacks. Use this to your advantage.
You have to be joking. Using strafe keys is the single most powerful tool for dodging projectiles in this game. They let you move in one direction while facing another direction to watch your target's actions. "Don't strafe" is hysterically bad advice.

As to the OP, Tails is hard mode on bosses. It's still more than possible to get behind the barrels as Tails if your reaction time is good. Brak is the final boss of the game, and his difficulty level is intentional. If anything, he's a bit too easy, not the other way around.

brak is a joke. the stage just needs to not give the player any rings, maybe give the player a force shield at most.

Now that we're on the topic of Brak Eggman, I want to say that Time Attacking this boss is just bull. In order to get a good record, you not only have to have a high amount of skill(which is good!), but you have also have to have a high amount of luck(which is bad!). I can be the best I can be in this boss, but it doesn't matter because someone of the same skill level might get a better record because Brak entered the lavafall in 2 seconds instead dancing around it like a douche for 6. No skill level difference, but he gets the better record because Brak mostly used the fast rocket attack, instead of the slow-ass flamethrower.

His attacks should last more or less the same amount of time and something needs to be done about the whole lava fall thing. Because it's bull when I'm trying my best and I'm missing the record because Brak decides to poledance on the lava fall for almost half a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back