SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Releases > Lua

Trouble in Terrorist Town Details »»
Trouble in Terrorist Town
Developer Last Online: Oct 2017

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating: (2 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 08-09-2015 Last Update: Never Installs: 2
Scripts Re-Useable Content

Trouble in Terrorist Town, originally a Garry's Mod game mode created by Bad King Urgrain (not me), has been recreated for Sonic Robo Blast 2! This is a psychological action game mode that requires a minimum of three players (ideally five or more) and replaces normal netgame Match.

When the host starts the round with the Toss Flag key, a ten-second countdown is triggered. After this, the round starts. One in every three players will become a Traitor, and one in every five players will become a Detective. The rest will become Innocents. There are no respawns! Sudden death is in effect. Spectators are only able to speak to other spectators, and cannot join a round in progress. The game ends when all Traitors die, or when all Innocents and Detectives die.
  • Innocent players are the majority. Your goal is to inspect each player closely. Look at how they're playing. Do they seem suspicious? They could be a Traitor. Don't attack everything that moves, though, because killing teammates may cause your team to lose. Instead, focus on other players' reactions and movements. Keep an eye on your assumed-to-be buddies, too, because you will not be alerted to their deaths.
  • Traitors are outnumbered. As a traitor, your job is to eliminate the Innocents quietly and quickly. You appear as an Innocent to everyone else, except for fellow Traitors. Don't blow your cover. Use team chat, an ability unique to Traitors, to whisper amongst your accomplices. Coordinate and take down Detectives from a distance to cripple the Innocents.
  • Detectives are scarce. Anyone who is a Detective is guaranteed to not be a traitor, and has a blue name. As a detective, you are alerted if a Traitor is nearby - their identity is not revealed, but you should be able to narrow it down. Traitors will probably try to kill you first to keep you from informing your teammates, so watch your back. Anyone trying to keep their distance may be a suspect.
Please, please inform me if you find any Lua errors, code that needs to be improved, or unintended gameplay issues! I will do my best to fix them. As of now, this is not entirely stable. Sync fails are almost guaranteed if someone joins in the middle of a round, and they sometimes seem to happen without rhyme or reason. On top of that, the highest stable player count I have achieved was eight players. Don't try anything above eight unless you have some magical cure for desyncs, in which case you should probably share it with me. For science.

Spoiler: Changelog

Version 1.1 - 8/10/2015
  • Environmental damage now permanently kills you, just like player deaths, and no longer spits out an error.
  • Proper traitor anti-camp system has been introduced - if you are a traitor and do not kill an innocent within three minutes, you will die. You will be warned at one minute left, thirty seconds left, and ten seconds left.
  • Detectives have a 33% larger "traitor is nearby" radius, although this gimmick should probably be dropped in favor of a better one.
  • Removed teamkill limit and console notifications.
  • Added an explanation for why the round ended (no traitors left, traitors ran out of time, etc.)
  • A few other slight modifications to the code.
Version 1.0 - 8/9/2015
Initial submission.

Download Now

File Type: zip TTT.zip (5.1 KB, 357 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20008.png
Views:	1524
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	6874   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20009.png
Views:	855
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	6875   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20013.png
Views:	742
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	6876  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 08-10-2015   #2
HellHawkX
Judge

10/10 everyone kept getting killed by RedEnchilada
<RoyKirbs> I'm currently causing child abuse.
HellHawkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015   #3
Neosmash
What

From what I played of this, this is pretty fun! Good job on this! The only problem I had was just the netcode, aside from that, this is pretty fun.
Old 08-11-2015   #4
Jay
I'm lazy, let's face it

Sometime tomorrow I may start on making player corpses and make the detectives less broken by getting rid of their current ability. My idea is to make the corpses a still frame of the player's death state that is pushable so that traitors can hide them, but others can discover them to confirm a death on the player list.

The only solution I could think of for resyncs, however, is an optional cvar (default: on) that disables joins during rounds, and allows them during pregame, endgame, and intermissions.

I have a feeling I'm going to keep sudden death, though. Health is justifiable in a game where you don't move anywhere near as fast, but this is SRB2.

Lastly, I'm going to add some chat shortcuts (imwith, suspect, traitor, check, etc...) so you can bind these to keys for tricky situations.
acativision shoves out another yearly release for Cape CoD
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016   #5
MK.exe
Lazy, Lazy and lazy?

I really liked this wad, still waiting on an update ^_^
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016   #6
Octavio The HedgeFox
I'm not a flat surface.

100/9. pretty much like murder, tho.

Edit: Im not finding servers with TTT... maybe i have to wait 'till i can setup my internet to portforward an TTT game.

Edit2: or ill have to wait for someone to make an server for me. or the others.

Last edited by Octavio The HedgeFox; 01-06-2017 at 12:14 AM.
Octavio The HedgeFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2016   #7
MK.exe
Lazy, Lazy and lazy?

I still think this wad is underated but i guess people found the rules abit complicated.
MK.exe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017   #8
Blaze The Cat
& Knuckles

Not to be a bit of a drag, but, what happens if more than one player share the same color and skin?

Sure, it might make for good camouflage or otherwise, but consider the fact that the game revolves around identity. My thought is only allowing one player to have a specific color and skin combination. The game will let you pick a color immediately, but change you to another color if if you pick a color (or join as a color) that someone else is using with that specific skin. To encourage malleability, I would offer the command "colortrade" to go along with this, where you use colortrade to request a trade with someone, and if they agree, you swap colors. Because, if there are a bunch of blue Sonics, and the Detective is a blue sonic, well, what then?

Last edited by Blaze The Cat; 01-08-2017 at 04:55 PM.
Blaze The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017   #9
PSI Pikachu
AKA Tex Dreemurr

Oh, I see me in there (as Pikachu). I remember testing this out...Man that was quite a while ago. I love mystery games like this so bringing this into SRB2 was pretty good!