[Open Assets] Spy watch

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OtherChen

The other one
A high-tech watch inspired by TWINE, Goldeneye, and Perfect Dark; designed to disrupt your opponents without hurting them directly.
Press Custom 1 to switch between 5 different functions, then press Fire to use the watch. Press any weapon switch key to turn off the watch so you can use your ring weapons.

(All darts ignore the target's shield.)
  • SCAN (green): Use a scanner to locate other players through walls and reveal cloaked players at close range. Unlimited use, but restricts your peripheral vision. Works best in first-person mode.
  • CLOAK (purple): Become invisible for up to 10 seconds. Your shield is stored inside the watch while cloaked, so it won't protect you from damage. Shooting will deactivate your cloak, and getting hurt will drain its battery.
  • PARALYZE (yellow): Fire a dart that paralyzes the target for 1 second, or 3 seconds if you hit from behind. Hurting a stunned player will break their paralysis.
  • LEECH (blue): Fire a dart that steals up to 50 rings from the target, or 100 if you hit from behind.
  • EMP (red): Fire a dart that disables the target's watch for 5 seconds, and destroys their weapon ammo, speed shoes, and invulnerability. Super players will lose their emeralds, and players hit from behind will lose half of their rings.

The watch can also act as a pseudo-Armageddon shield, provided you don't already have a shield. Press Custom 1 just before or after being hit, and you'll release a powerful shockwave that stuns players and hurts those closest to you. This overloads the watch, rendering it useless for a short time.
Hold Fire Normal after firing a dart to use it as a camera. The camera will disappear once the dart hits something.

Console commands:
  • spy_button: Change the watch button to Custom2, Custom3, or Flag.
  • spy_friendly: Allow friendly players to hit each other with darts in co-op or team games. (Server/admin only)
  • spy_infinite: Enable infinite ammo. Set it to 1 for admins only, or 2 for everyone. (Server/admin only, turns cheats on)

The scanner's screen coordinate finder comes from RedEnchilada's portal gun.
Uses sounds from Perfect Dark and Super Smash Bros.

UPDATE 1.1:
  • The scanner should no longer spam errors in Match if spectators are present
  • Scanner markers should now change size with the player.
  • You can now shoot rings and darts out of cloak. Pressing Fire Normal at any time will also cancel the cloak.
  • Cloaking during a map change no longer lets you keep your shield.
  • Turning off spy_infinite no longer leaves you with extra darts.
  • Leech rings should spawn correctly in netgames

KNOWN ISSUES:
  • None at the moment.

Attachments

• watch1.gif
    watch1.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,241
  • watch2.gif
    watch2.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,045
  • watch3.gif
    watch3.gif
    2 MB · Views: 947
  • watch4.gif
    watch4.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 866
  • watch5.gif
    watch5.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 903
  • watch6.gif
    watch6.gif
    2.9 MB · Views: 874
  • spywatch.wad.zip
    188.4 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:
I'd be happy to see a "switch to PREVIOUS tool" button as well, but that's just me being lazy and not willing to press the same button 4 more times.

Other than that, it works great, welcome to Releases!

EDIT: You can keep spy-vision after you switch to a weapon, is this intentional?

Last edited:
THAT ENGINEER IS A SPY!!

For real though this looks pretty interesting. I'm getting a sort of Espio vibe from this with the cloak and all. I'll write a full review later after I try this out.

You can keep spy-vision after you switch to a weapon, is this intentional?
Yeah, I wanted it to be useful for sniping and throwing bombs around corners and stuff.
The scanner actually had a battery limit at first (but no view restriction), but I decided that it wasn't useful unless you could have it up at all times.

This... is... AWESOME! Em, i mean we all wanted to be a Spy in SRB2 But you know whats this missing? Backstabbing. Oh and something important! Make a SplitScreen variable.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back