Sonic & the Black Knight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chisuun said:
Oh God, fanboy(s) getting pissed over a negative opinion of an unreleased Sonc game. Didn't see THAT one coming

Anyway, there's plenty of reason he predicts it'll be bad, I mean, come on, Sonic has had one of the worst track records in gaming in the past few years. If Sonic Unleashed taught me anything, it's this: "Never get your hopes up for a game."

I don't think its the opinion that is a bother, its when its stated blatantly without any reason behind it. If I said Team Fortress 2 is probably a terrible game, but did not say why, I'd probably be thrown out of this community. Now if I say that I don't think I'll like this game because most FPS games are boring, there's a difference.

Personally, I think its foolish to condemn a game before it is out. However, after the initial drama, I was quite intrigued by this game... given that the storybook series came out better under lower expectations than the mainstream, and Unleashed was pretty good, then the reputation that precedes this game gives me hope.

I homestly don't see how you can really say that Sonic Unleashed was a bad game. Give or take that not many people like the werehog stages that much (But I liked shacking the Wii Motes to hurt things in nighttime) though, after a while, the nightime stages actually grew onto me, though I would much rather prefer speed and such. Though I think people said it's bad because IGN said it was bad, or they only payed too much attention to the werehog. Another thing that could've made people say this was probably the difficulty in te day time stages for the 360/PS3, sadly, I have seen those and they look as hard as heck. I don't think that I could do them but with a little practice, I probably could. But I honestly would never know because I only own the Wii, PS2, and 2 gamecubes. Why 2 gamecubes...not even I would know. but in the end, I'd have to give Sonic unleashed a 9/10, mainly because their wasn't enough day time stages and too much night time. Even though those stages grew on to them. I still wish there were more say time. But I got Sonic and the Black Knight Pre-Order on my Birthday Yay. I'm sorry for going off topic if I did...but oh well.

JEV3 said:
Personally, I think its foolish to condemn a game before it is out. However, after the initial drama, I was quite intrigued by this game... given that the storybook series came out better under lower expectations than the mainstream, and Unleashed was pretty good, then the reputation that precedes this game gives me hope.

But what if that game is called Manhunt 2? Or party babyz?

:SonicMaster: said:
JEV3 said:

But what if that game is called Manhunt 2? Or party babyz?

Party babyz got good scores from critics...

Well, it's only a short time away (about 2 months), And it actually looks pretty cool. I didn't care for SatSR because...well, the controls felt wierd.

blargen said:
Just one more game going on "The bad Sonic Games" list.

Reasons: I haven't Played it yet.
Fixed.
At least play it before you dis it. I'm tried of the OMG HE HAS A SWORD IT IS FAIL. People said the same thing for sonic unleashed!!!!!!!!!!
but it was actually a few more steps in the right direction. have faith. THEY ARE GETTING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE GREATEST 3DSONIC GAME SINCE SADX AND SA2B. besides this isn't even CANON so calm down.
They are so close.....

Why is it that every one dis'd Sonic and the Black Knight, they are all Like "OMG SONIC HAS A SWORD, IT SUCKS!!!1!11" And while I was on the bus, I was just sitting there, and then Someone points at the Picture of Sonic with the Sword and says "No" I honestly can't believe that people think Sonic is really bad... A lot of people say Sonic is a Kid's Game, for one...It's not... Two, I doubt these people have neither Seen, Nor Played the Game so how would they knoow if it was a good game or not. Are they saying it's a bad game because it's a blue hedgehog running at really high speeds stopping a character named Eggman, and it's unbelievable? Well, what about their Games... I want to start with Halo, I liked it somewhat. If we are going by their standards of Not liking a game than let's do it by their standards. One, I doubt ONLY one person could stop an entire amount of Aleins BY THEMSELVES. and if there is onlyone master cheif, why is it when you play multiplayer, there is more than one. Aliens aren' t going to just team up with humans just because they destroyed a ring (My precious!). What about this whole HALO thing, I doubt one ring could destroy the entire Universe with one blast, Totally Un-realistic. Now going back On topic, Sonic and the Black Knight is definetly going to be good game, It contrls like Sonic Unleashed, But you get to swing the Sword by flicking the Wiimote. That will be awesome. Another reason that will make it awesome, IT'S FOR THE WII ONLY. So HA HA 360/PS3 users, we get a good game, you may have gotten a good Sonic Unleashed, but we are getting a better Sonic game that you don't get. And why is the PS2 even still in existence for new games...they have a PS3, they need to lett the **** PS2 to die, it's gone, it's over, just let the system die out. You don't se Ninetendo Releaing New Games for the SNES do you? I didn't think so... I think that given the chance to rant about something...I could... because I'm getting off Topic...

So that's what a nintendo fanboy looks like.
Seriously, what was your point? You came so close to making one for around half way through the wall, but then you went on a bitter fanboy tangent and ruined your credibility.
And no, I'm not a Fanboy of a console. I go where the titles I want to see are. Laughing at others because your machine got an exclusive is just sad.
Why should Sony ban people from releasing games on a commercially viable machine? If Sega and others want to release things on the PS2, who are we to say no?
And one thing: http://www.atariage.com/development_list.html, Age is not a sign of death for all machines =D

Warpshade said:
So that's what a nintendo fanboy looks like.
Sheesh, no kidding. I was wondering if I was one, considering every console I own was made by Nintendo (besides an unloved SEGA GameGear), but I don't really have anything against Nintendo's competitors. The blind hatred I'm seeing here is just ridiculous.

Well, if I sounded a little Snotty with the whole exlusive thing is because...well, I was ranting... :P, usually I get into one thing and thn I completley forget pretty much about other things, personally though, the PS2 really should go out though. I'll admit, at least it didn't die out instantly all of a sudden like the Xbox, as cool as the PS2 is, I think that they should give the thing a rest. I'm not saying that in a sense of cruelty to some people who can't afford a PS3, but it's like training, if you train, you get stronger, but if you over exert your body, your body will be completley worn out, same goes for age, when you are a younger person, you are a more hyperactive little kid, as you get older, you'll want to do less running around as because it tires you out, Which is why when you reach the age of 40, you will need to rest a lot more than what you did than when you were and adult or a teen. It works like this because when you a child, you'd need a lot of Sleep because when you were younger, you could only use so much energy. Which is the sole reason as to why you would need to eat more when your older bcause when your older, you can store more energy, but you also use up quite a lot. That's why at the end of the day, you go to slep, because your brain is telling you that your body is tired and needs rest. The PS2 has lived long for a average system, the PS2, in a sense, needs to take that permanent rest that really old people need when they die. When I say that things would die, I don't mean as in they are never used ever again, I mean that they should probably just stop releasing new games for it. The PS2 has lived a long life and now it needs to tke a rest in the gaming world, It's like birth, The NES gave birth to the SNES, to the N64, to Gamecube, as like to the Wii, and the Wii will give birth (Not physical birth :P) to the next generation system. Same goes with all other systems....except the SEGA systems... :P. I don't really hate the other systems, in fact when some game that I thought looked cool came out for a system I didn't own, I'd say, oh well and watch it on youtube, I don't really hate the other systems, In fact, I wish I had them... Just so you know, I own a PS2 and I'm trying to buy an Xbox 360, I'm not an nintendo fan boy, I honestly used Halo because it was the first game to come to mind. I could of used Resident Evil, Ratchet and Clank, or Jak and Daxter. All of those games I love, In fact Like Halo, I play it when ever I get the chance to, you may say that I'm a nintendo Fan Bot, but I;m not I'm just glad that I got a game that was not on the other systems. I doubt Sonic and the Black Knight would even work that great for the other systems anyways. I'm not hating on the other systems, I'm just saying random crap because I'm ranting over here. I told a freind of mine about getting an Xbox 360, he said "Don't get it, what about the red ring of death?" You know what I said? "I DON'T CARE" I want another system other than these Nintendo systems all of the time. I want something that isn't Nintendo at the moment. heck with it, I wouldn't even mind a Dreamcast 2, Even if it wouldn't come out, I sure as Hell would buy the instant it came out.

Ok, now I understand your point. Though more "human" than I wanted but a good conparison.

But what would you expect from sony? Their beloved (expected to be sold for millions like the ps2) PS3 went to the crapper the first it came out. Shame too since it had Wii-like controls. Ps2 has been saving them for a long while; think of it as their handicap.

This actually looks more promising than Sonic Unleashed. The sword's cool in my opinion because... Well, it just looks neat for some reason. The trailers show some pretty good footage. I can't wait to rent it.

crazy escape said:
GREG THE CAT said:
New gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7auBCZLMtCo&feature=email

On rails apparently.... Sounds good to me! Worked well last time... Looks just as good now.
didn't the uploader say it wasn't on rails?
Problem: Sonic seemed to be running on a set path and even when he moved back the camera was facing the same direction. Still, that builds the Storybook Series gameplay engine to be quite a good game series. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

From the videos that I've seen, it flows horribly for a Sonic game. Secret Rings had you moving at a snail's pace until you leveled up to a respectable amount, something I hope doesn't translate over to SatBK, in terms of gameplay.

Chisuun said:
From the videos that I've seen, it flows horribly for a Sonic game. Secret Rings had you moving at a snail's pace until you leveled up to a respectable amount, something I hope doesn't translate over to SatBK, in terms of gameplay.
Agree'd

Chisuun said:
It was good... Sure Sonic was slow at first, but still... Gameplay wasn't broken.

It's a video of the tutorial level. That doesn't show me enough to actually tell me how the game will play.

I'll save my judgment until some more media comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back