2.1: It's happening! Release details!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have I heard this well? New release soon? Team Chaotix shall be reborn then! I was so impatient, I can't believe it's happening. Beside rocking, can this update be any better?

Y'know what? I can't wait to see my old and dear friends XSpeedGodsX and FistTheEchidna as well as LoupTheLightning back in the servers of 2.1. Keep up the good work SJRtm, Team Chaotix will be present!

For 2.1, these are the things I'm looking forward to most, in order:

- The new levels and emblems and unlockables
- The NiGHTS special stages
- The leaderboards (And hopefully it'll work for addon wads too!)
- The improved netcode

I'd like to know what improved netcode and leaderboards you're speaking of, because they don't exist. The netcode is still just as shit (and probably slightly worse, even) and we don't have any sort of automatic leaderboards. The records will be handled the same way they are now.

It's just inevitable that bugs will end up popping up when code that hasn't been stress tested for four years and only occasionally used suddenly gets used by the public. Even if we were constantly testing it ourselves, we're only 10-15 people and there are thousands of players playing SRB2. It's just a matter of scale that you're going to find problems we aren't going to find before release.

we don't have any sort of automatic leaderboards. The records will be handled the same way they are now.
Quite honestly, the current way is absolutely terrible. I've been wanting to work on an auto-record system on my off time, but I haven't had the chance. 2.1's replay structure makes it easy to find record data, so it's not like it'd be hard to set it up; I just need some free time and a bit of space somewhere to take care of things.

That's something that can be handled post-release though, right now I'm too busy testing the damn game. >_>

Here's a nice question, mostly because I don't remember if someone's answered to it or not, but will be there be AZERT support in the game?

Is "linedef type 65: Bridge Thinker" fixed for 2.1? I'd use it on my future map pack.

There are fundamental flaws in the engine that run much deeper than the thinker itself, and completely destroy any possibility that the thinker could actually work.

In other news, we've heard your cries for a different Knuckles, and we have listened! We are hereby reverting to the 1.08 3D-rendered Knuckles!

In other news, we've heard your cries for a different Knuckles, and we have listened! We are hereby reverting to the 1.08 3D-rendered Knuckles!

What!? No! Why in the world would you do that!? Do you even listen to your community!? You are worse than EA!

The Knuckles the community wants is the SRB1 Knuckles, not that one!

What!? No! Why in the world would you do that!? Do you even listen to your community!? You are worse than EA!

The Knuckles the community wants is the SRB1 Knuckles, not that one!

Stop being a Dinkleberg. 1094 Knux is best Knux. The helix approves the statement I made and therefore must be true.

there will be bots like on SRB2JTE/SRB2CB?
because of sonic & tails option on Single Player

No, I've read that only a Sonic & Tails option was added which to be honest I'm excited to see how that works. Also I've seen an image somewhere here that had a Knuckles & Tails option too! Yet I don't remember if was it true or not =P

Last edited:
Looking back at this picture again...

The first five emblems, downward, on the left side, are the ones that are hidden within stages. The first three emblems on the right side are for Record Attack mode—rings, score, and time respectively. The fourth is the emblem you get for collecting all Chaos Emeralds. But, the fifth...what's that one for? 100% completion?

Continuing down the right side, the last four are unused. The Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles emblems are for backward compatibility with old levels, and the last one is the old emblem for score in Record Attack. On the left side, the first is four diamonds arranged in a diamond shape. What's this one for? The next is for completing SRB1 mode. The next is for getting a Perfect Bonus in a stage. And the last... I think this one is for getting an "A" ranking in every stage in NiGHTS mode.

Is all that right?

Looking back at this picture again...

The first five emblems, downward, on the left side, are the ones that are hidden within stages. The first three emblems on the right side are for Record Attack mode—rings, score, and time respectively. The fourth is the emblem you get for collecting all Chaos Emeralds. But, the fifth...what's that one for? 100% completion?

Continuing down the right side, the last four are unused. The Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles emblems are for backward compatibility with old levels, and the last one is the old emblem for score in Record Attack. On the left side, the first is four diamonds arranged in a diamond shape. What's this one for? The next is for completing SRB1 mode. The next is for getting a Perfect Bonus in a stage. And the last... I think this one is for getting an "A" ranking in every stage in NiGHTS mode.

Is all that right?

I believe the four diamonds one is the NiGHTS record attack emblem, reserved for the special stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back