Can't make the game full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inflatable_Hedgie said:
Also, how am I restricted on my own computer?

If you have a DAD He is probaly the Administrator and he controls EVERYTHING

Edit: This is not comman but I have a dad thats the Administrator of the computer

You monitor might not support 320 x 200, most new monitors don't. There is one more thing you can try editing in the config file.
Code:
scr_height "400"
scr_width "640"

Donovan the hedgehog said:
Inflatable_Hedgie said:

Edit: This is not comman but I have a dad thats the Administrator of the computer

This is my own computer. I should be the administrator.

Torgo said:
You monitor might not support 320 x 200, most new monitors don't. There is one more thing you can try editing in the config file.
Code:
scr_height "400"
scr_width "640"

Also, nothing. The only difference is that the game is telling me it's running at that size

Inflatable_Hedgie said:
Donovan the hedgehog said:
Inflatable_Hedgie said:

This is my own computer. I should be the administrator.

Torgo said:
Code:
scr_height "400"
scr_width "640"

Also, nothing. The only difference is that the game is telling me it's running at that size

OK Then, you probally need to buy a computer named AccuSync 75F

Edit: I have it.

Torgo said:
Code:
scr_height "400"
scr_width "640"
If monitors want to be VGA compatible as all video cards are, then they must support 320x200 :P

The problem isn't the monitor, but the video drivers. Windows drivers normally don't allow resolutions under 640x480 because Microsoft decided Windows users wouldn't like that. While most hardware does support 320x200 and 640x400, drivers normally ignore them in purpose due to that.

My suggestion is to try 640x480 rather than 640x400. If that doesn't work, try your current resolution (some drivers are stupid enough to support only a single resolution... through those are very few).

Also, if I'm not wrong, when an application changes a resolution by going into fullscreen, it should work even if the user has minimum privileges. This is because the change is temporary and doesn't modify the registry. SRB2 uses temporary changes, yes, I checked that part of the source code.

Also, Donovan, if you have a dad as administrator of your own computer that only you use, most likely it's a dad that restricts your computer usage to a very limited time and even in that time it'll try to do whatever as possible to get you out of it :/ However it may be possible that there are two users, one administrator and one normal, and that the latter is logging on by default. I know this because this is the case here. Except I've set both to be administrators :P Try that too.

Inflatable_Hedgie said:
Also unchecked. Turning it on does make everything full screen, but turns everything a blue tint

Ok, you turned on OpenGL properly here, but its in a blue tint because you either have a graphics card which doesn't support OpenGL very well, or has outdated drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back