• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

WIP Tails Doll Wad. Has shading, and completely custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDSunshine

Is a Cyan Sonic in SRB2
Stand1-1.jpg

Don't worry if it's blurry (rhymes! XD)

criticism plz.

tailsdollmodel.png

Let's see....

1. The limbs are too small.
2. The shading is hardly noticeable.
3. Those ears are really small.

Limbs, oh god the limbs.

Please make them slightly more substansil; xkcd isnt a good limb refrence.

Seems outta proportion too.

You should make the arms longer, they look like little stumps. My advice would be to make them end where the legs begin.

The problem, TDSunshine, is that Tails Doll has already been done, and really well at that. I suggest you turn your talents towards something that has NEVER been attempted. At least that way, even if it turns out bad, you can still claim it as the best example of its type.

I have almost no hope for character WAD topics that start with maybe one or two sprites done. They rarely ever get far. D:

Anyway, yeah, the Tails Doll has already been completely redone three times. (Not just edited slightly like all of the lousy Shadow "Remakes" in the past.) Chrispy made one, Senku made one, and even STD made a Tails Doll. It just seems pointless to make another WAD of the Tails Doll if others have already made proper representations of the character.

I would like to see a Tails Doll that actually walks like in Sonic R instead of floating up and down, maybe I could make something, but nah, Senku's Tails Doll is already awesome enough

Was it caught in a taffy pull or something? Damn that torso seems long.

Inb4 tag servers with MetalSonic, EggRobo (There is a wad of this right? I distinctly remember someone working on one a while back.), MechaKnux, SuperSonic, and this; named "The Curse".

Dr.Pepper said:
I have almost no hope for character WAD topics that start with maybe one or two sprites done. They rarely ever get far. D:

Anyway, yeah, the Tails Doll has already been completely redone three times. (Not just edited slightly like all of the lousy Shadow "Remakes" in the past.) Chrispy made one, Senku made one, and even STD made a Tails Doll. It just seems pointless to make another WAD of the Tails Doll if others have already made proper representations of the character.

Links please? I don't like Senku's TD that much.

Yeah, those limbs are too small, the head is too circle-ish, and the shading is hardly noticeable, and there are other TD's besides Senku's. I suggest you try someone that hasn't been done.

Blue Warrior said:
fawfulfan said:
I suggest you turn your talents towards something that has NEVER been attempted.

Tell that to Dr.Pepper.

It's different with Dr. Pepper. He's one of the best spriters here, and his creations, though unoriginal in concept, add something to the game's appearance. In this case, Tails Doll has already been done very well, and it's not worth trying to remake it (certainly not with THAT sprite).

Since my Tailsdoll wad was mentioned I'm only here to say I dislike to even care about that wad ever again. It wasn't really worth it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back