SRB2 Hub (1.3)

Am I the only one who noticed that in the CEZ level select area, both entrances say "Act 2"?

There are 2 entrances to act 2, because I have a maniacal obsession with symmetry. ^^'
I might change it in a future update, if that ever happens.
But so far nobody seemed to particularly mind it.

A hangout area with hub worlds for the levels? This is way too awesome! To be honest, I never knew about this map before. One of my friends told me to download this wad on my server when he was about to come on it. when I first saw my eyes on the map, I was amazed. I really love the Eggrock Hub for acts 2 and 3 and final boss! They are very neat! The hub worlds actually remind me of the old "SAGE Sonic the Hedgehog 1" hack which had hub worlds for each level.

Why is "Act 2" in the Egg Rock Zone hub upside down? I know the gravity's flipped, but c'mon.

Because the beginning of Act 2 is also upside down. It is legit that you enter the elevator upside down because, like I said, the act starts upside down with an elevator going down (or up, depending on how you look at it).

Sorry, I meant the sign. I thought the quotation marks would make that clear. The texture is flipped vertically, but the sign is upside down.
11ch8bt.png

I don't actually care that the entrance is upside down, I like neat nods to the level you're about to enter like that.

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant the sign. I thought the quotation marks would make that clear. The texture is right side up, but the sign is upside down.
-Image-
I don't actually care that the entrance is upside down, I like neat nods to the level you're about to enter like that.
If the part of the hub there is upside-down, the "Act 2" of the sign is actually as it should be. It's just that when in first-person or using the FlipCam console variable, everything besides the HUD will be flipped vertically so it looks normal, thus making up-side down things look right-side up... and also vice-versa. The "and vice-versa" part is the key part of this message.

Edit: Basically, just look at it, open the console, and input "toggle flipcam". Repeat that command several times while looking at the sign in third-person, and you'll see what I mean.

Last edited:
Wonderful mod!

Although I haven't looked at all of the available SRB2 mods, I'm gonna be quick to say that this is one of the most awesome! A hub like that is exactly one of the things I felt this game is missing and wanted to see :) Maybe because I didn't grow up with the old Sonic side-scrollers so much, but rather with series like Sonic Adventure where selecting stages from an overworld was the thing.

There's only one feature I would really love to request, if the way SRB2 records game statistics makes it possible; Unlockables! Namely only letting the player select levels which were already beaten in that save, rather than any level from the start. Some of the bonus areas could also be made to depend on secrets you find in the normal stages, or only open up when the player has achieved a certain score. That would be just awesome, and make it a lot more motivating to play the original levels!

This mod has to be updated again for V2.1.15...

When trying to play this mod with the newest version, all of the unlockables are missing, and trying to play in the gaming section, usually ends up with the game freezing (at least with me when I entered GFZ's hub).

For now, this is outdated until the creator fixes the compatibility issues.

This mod has to be updated again for V2.1.15...

When trying to play this mod with the newest version, all of the unlockables are missing, and trying to play in the gaming section, usually ends up with the game freezing (at least with me when I entered GFZ's hub).

For now, this is outdated until the creator fixes the compatibility issues.
Yeah, this needs an update, as the GFZ and RVZ teleporters crash the game. Also:
There's only one feature I would really love to request, if the way SRB2 records game statistics makes it possible; Unlockables! Namely only letting the player select levels which were already beaten in that save, rather than any level from the start. Some of the bonus areas could also be made to depend on secrets you find in the normal stages, or only open up when the player has achieved a certain score. That would be just awesome, and make it a lot more motivating to play the original levels!
I strongly agree. Perhaps a console command or alternate version will allow access to every stage and unlockable, as this is really popular for use in Multiplayer. It would also be nice to implement some slopes to spruce things up, but it's not necessary.

This is a really cool map!
I would use it if I could host severs. oh well. I guess running around empty halls is good enough.

This is the best hub i have seen in SRB2, i have noticed that its very used in Hangout and Roleplay (RP) servers, pretty amazing for a hub.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back