Boss Camera as in Sonic 1/2/3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIYoshiII

How can I make a boss have a camera that doesn't follow the player, in 2D? I'm talking just like in Sonic The Hedgehog 1, 2, and 3, where the camera freezes to show just the boss screen. I noticed that it works in the SRB1 Remake levels for the exit. How can I make it work like that in my 2D level, and will it work for a normal boss?

Torgo, that's gonna need a loooooooooong linedef to work for an entire boss battle. The developers should change this linedef a little so that one of the flags will make the camera stay in that position as long as you are in the sector.
Edit: Just now uploaded an example WAD on the wiki's page for LD422.
Edit2: Or, you can take a look at this. My attempt at a still camera for a 2D Boss Fight.

Last edited:
You can use Linedef Type 300, Trigger Linedef Executor - Continuous for the cut away view to make it go for as long as the player is in the sector. To keep the player inside the sector(s) is to block off the boss area when the player steps in. That way, the boss and the player are kept inside. I would suggest you give the player a little room before you trigger moving the sector heights that you want to use to block it, otherwise you can crush the player.

I suggest you look at MAPA1 (which is the first SRB1 remake map) near the exit sector to see how I accomplished blocking the player and keeping the camera still. In your case, you wouldn't need an exit sector since you will actually have a boss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back