Favorite Overlooked Video-Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marble Blast Gold is a pretty cool game. I went through all the official levels in it (but my times are erased). The custom levels are a lot of fun too, even if most of them use parts and pieces from the official levels. Like that one, Marblaxia's Lair (Or whatever his name is) where you're in a darkened room and the evil marble guy says stuff like "Mwa ha ha! These mines are sure to stop you!"

By the way, when will Marble Blast Ultra get a PC release? :(

Ecco the Dolphin for Dreamcast never got the attention it deserved. I still say that is easily the best platformer in existence.

Lack of Love, also for DC, was incredible.

And Jet Set Radio-overlooked by pretty much everyone that didn't have a DC, and unfortunately a lot of DC users anyways.

Long live the sexiest system ever-the original "innovative" system, no?

Zombies Ate my Neigboors was an entertaining 45 minutes of gameplay for me...it gets a little redundant if you play for too long. And never play alone. Not because it's scary, but because it's boring.

Armored Core. I don't see too many people playing it anymore, and it was really fun.

Secret of Mana. Real time RPG by Square. The SNES of Kingdom Hearts almost. I love how they claimed every legendary sword was the same one in the intro.

Well, I just noticed that more people tend to play Chrono Trigger instead of SoM.

Since you already posted, I'll add two more.

Tales of Phantasia(SNES) and Star Ocean(SNES). These games PWN hard and I barely see anyone playing them. Tales of Phantasia did what you never see in SNES games and hade a full sung intro with a catchy tune. And Star Ocean's intro was fully voice acted. For SNES, that's the coolest thing ever, IMO. ... Besides Star Fox 2(SNES) which was 90% in 3D.(also overlooked)

Honestly, if a game is in the "top ten message boards" list at GameFAQS, I don't count that as overlooked.

While we're on the topic of overlooked RPGs, google "Legend of Legaia". It's a very good SquareSoft RPG.

It's really only gained popularity nowadays due to emulation. I was refering to when it originally came out. The only reason they're there is because like most RPGs people get stuck and need help.

Two Crude Dudes was another really old I game I played... And I doubt I can even find a screenshot of that undead badass, Chakan: The Forever Man.

Gex 1 was a great game. And did you ever play Herc's Adventures?

Zeshiro said:
Armored Core. I don't see too many people playing it anymore, and it was really fun.

It sure was popular when it first came out, and so was the sequel, but you're right, nobody plays it any more.

I don't know why I didn't think of these to begin with:
Indiana Jones & Emperor's Tomb
Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds
Both games were really good, but I had never really heard of them until I found them in a multipack (with the relatively lame 007 Nightfire).

Hey, does Monster Rancher count as overlooked?
Oh, and does the Dreamcast count? I bet alot of those games were overlooked quite a lot.
I also liked Graffiti Kingdom...
And don't dare ask why, but I actually slightly ENJOYED Spiritual Warfare. Am I going crazy? Yes, I am...

In actuality, I play a lot of obscure games, I guess.

My friend C4 is humping the wall...

Umm...

I loved Myst. Not overlooked, but old. Riven kicked Myst's sorry ass though.

Shadow Runner. Old, but good. Classic, cliche post-apocolyptic world inhabited by renegade looking humans, mutants, and the ever popular 90's popculture-esque feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back