STJR after SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The quote on post#99 made me lol. Hard.
But anyway, If you plan to make a team, there's no better time to start than now.
http://www.cplusplus.com
Im making progress, I made hallo world last week :D
Code:
cout << "Srb3 Here I Come!\nLulz!";

Last edited:
I got a few guesses...
1) Sonic Team Senior
2) They all turn their computers off and walk away, very sad, and with sad music playing...
3) They end up making SRB3, another HUUUUUUUUUUUGE success!
4) STJR is continued, and more people are chosen to help with the making of SRB3 or something like a sandbox Sonic game.
5) Japan realizes we stopped the SRB2 craze, and blows us up...

My team is Sonic Underground, were making Srb3 from Srb2; we currently have a total of 1 members, me. XD Maybe, my team will replace STJR. X3

Or maybe we'll realise that spending so much time on a fangame is a huge waste of our time and move on to bigger, better, and ultimately profitable projects.

Naw, profit organizations are evil and make everyone one poor, they are no good. x3

No, they make us get a return on a game we spend many years creating, something SRB2 will never do. Making games for fun, you soon realise, is a huge waste of time, money and resources.

Jeez, what crwaled up your but today?

Anyway, STJR should just be replaced by a new team IF none or barely any of the original devs are still working.

Wowz. The Net Guru hath spoken.

Anyway, Cheese If you think you have the time and dedication,
1)Start a Forum, which makes building a team easier,
2)Put the link of the forum in your sig or advertise it. But only in message boards's that have a site advertising forum, or the admins may get upset at you,
3.http://www.cplusplus.net Get started with C++ here, and whatever you do, dont even try to skip mass chunks of info, you'll be wasting even more of your life than Cue stated. And he said HUGE

Last edited:
My team is Sonic Underground, were making Srb3 from Srb2; we currently have a total of 1 members, me. XD Maybe, my team will replace STJR. X3
Anyway, STJR should just be replaced by a new team IF none or barely any of the original devs are still working.
If you're too lazy to make a brand new game instead of modifying SRB2, you should not be responsible for making a game.

You don't realize that you're making a fool out of yourself, do you? You don't seem to have a clue what it takes to make a game the scope and quality of SRB2.

Jeez, what crwaled up your but today?
He's just stating the truth., you know.

That's essentially what happened. Neither SSNTails nor Sonikku are still working on this, and they were sort of "replaced" by the current team. And again, you're completely underestimating game development. It's not you could just let anybody develop SRB2, you need people that can actually create something of high quality and that are able to work in a team.

3.http://www.cplusplus.net Get started with C++ here, and whatever you do, dont even try to skip mass chunks of info, you'll be wasting even more of your life than Cue stated. And he said HUGE
SRB2, however, is written in C.

Srb2 , however, is written in C.
Wow, I didn't even know that... >.<
*Uninstalls Microsoft Vc*
Still, I was talking srb3 and not 2 :D
---------
Anyway
C++ could be used for more complex platforms, as it is used for mobiles (According to some site), it can also be ported to the wi--wait a second....

If you're too lazy to make a brand new game instead of modifying SRB2, you should not be responsible for making a game.
Srb2 is a mod of Doom, so forget saying that I am too lazy. I have less of a life than my brother, I could waste ten years of my "life" without complainet. More, even. I'm aware that I have to do some coding, I can do stuff like that, I'll learn, It'll be fun. Math, Science, and English are fun, why not computer programming? Also, I'd like to make Srb3 first based on Srb2, just like the original Srb2 was based on Srb1. Then, I will find an engine like Torque or something and make Srb3. My modification of Srb3 from Srb2 will not be a simple edit either, it will have new lindefs, New textures, maybe a new palette, new characters like Shadow or Amy, new music and sound effects, new things, I may even go out of my way to fix polyobjects, and much more.

Seriously, you have no idea what you're even trying to do. You have absolutely no clue how PolyObjects even work, and want to convince me that you know how to fix them? SRB2 took twelve years to get where it is, and if you wanna do something of that scale on your own, forget about it.

Mystery Cheese said:
Srb2 is a mod of Doom, so forget saying that I am too lazy.
uhh
The fact that SRB2 is a mod of Doom doesn't make you less lazy.

Mystery Cheese said:
I have less of a life than my brother, I could waste ten years of my "life" without complainet. More, even.
Have fun with it.

Mystery Cheese said:
More, even. I'm aware that I have to do some coding, I can do stuff like that, I'll learn, It'll be fun. Math, Science, and English are fun, why not computer programming?
Some coding? To make a whole new game, you're probably going to need a lot of coding. Luckily you seem to like it.

Mystery Cheese said:
Also, I'd like to make Srb3 first based on Srb2, just like the original Srb2 was based on Srb1. Then, I will find an engine like Torque or something and make Srb3. My modification of Srb3 from Srb2 will not be a simple edit either, it will have new lindefs, New textures, maybe a new palette, new characters like Shadow or Amy, new music and sound effects, new things, I may even go out of my way to fix polyobjects, and much more.
I think that most other (modern) engines don't use linedefs, polyobjects and such, but okay.

If you're going to make an entire new game: why base it off SRB2? You should make an entire new game while you're at it, and not use the name 'SRB3' just to give your project a little more fame and/or to give you less work.

EDIT: Oh, and what SpiritCrusher said.

Apparently, no one wants me to do this project.
That's two people who don't believe in you out of many, not "noone" >_>. Besides, who cares, the best thing you could do is to 'Prove Them Wrong' and get cracking, but as somebody said, I wouldnt use SRB3 as a name, nor Sonic Underground (Unless Manic and Sonia are playable characters).
And, there you have it; another ol' push from Zephyr Th.
;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back