YTMND Showcase Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL that was funny.
Has anyone seen the star wars one with sonic where "Sonic Sez" was talking about not letting people touch...stuff but everytime they'd get to that it'd be like (sonic)"Remember kids, don't let anyone touch your (darth) padme (sonic) because if someone touches your (darth) padme....

That was actually one of the most watched YTMNDs of all time for quite a while.

Oh, and you guys are lucky. Firefox can't play the sounds on the pages, so I'm stuck with the picture and the text. :(

YOUR Firefox can't. MY Firefox can. ^_^ As well as play those sounds built into any other webpages using Quicktime X.x

Quicktime is available if you are willing to also get a copy of itunes, which I have 0 use for. :/

The best sonic sez EVER is here:
http://sonicarwing.ytmnd.com/

Here is a ytmnd that's a bit more difficult to get. It took a minute for me to get the joke. Here's a hint: Think about another book where something bad happens on that page. ;) This is an excellent example of a "Fad Hybrid," or a joke ytmnd page that takes humor from two or more things.
http://sonicsaysnogood.ytmnd.com/

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Oh, and you guys are lucky. Firefox can't play the sounds on the pages, so I'm stuck with the picture and the text. :(
Use QuickTime Alternative. I do. Google it.

QuickTime 7 doesn't cut it (although 6 worked). Dunno why. I guess Apple just hates YTMND or something.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Omega, just copy the link and paste it on IE. Firefox can't open sounds.
I said:
Use QuickTime Alternative. I do. Google it.

QuickTime 7 doesn't cut it (although 6 worked). Dunno why. I guess Apple just hates YTMND or something.
Given that you took two minutes to post after I had, I'll give you benefit of the doubt...

My computer's got a sound problem.. it skips a bit of the sound at the beginning. It doesn't happen real often in IE except for the Sonic Advice YTMNDs, which only skips the first note in the beginning song anyway.

In Firefox it's much worse of a problem. It will play the first second of audio and then skips for the next couple almost all of the time, and then plays the rest just fine. This takes away a lot of the fun, and I often resort to using IE to view YTMNDs, which is just awful after using Firefox for a while... I may try that Quicktime Alternative thing though.

That aside, I think I might start making some YTMNDs soon. I've already got some ideas in my head.

So I'm not the only who has that problem :mrgreen:

Try opening "My PC" and put the URL in the address bar. Internet Explorer, My PC, Windows Explorer and Windows by itself are all the same program internally (at least since Windows 98, when Windows taken an Internet integration).

A lot of times not even explorer works. Only the desktop will keep the PC stable, and opening up any folders, including My Computer and Control Panel will freeze it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back