• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Dash's World: Moving to releases/massive update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ice said:
Well, nevermind I think the turned rings and things would be essential for sideways gravity.

That is what it would look like. If the things didn't get turned... It
would look very bad.

Yeah but the upside down gravity I posted is real. I would never say anything wrong. Were also trying to program sideways gravity(running on walls).

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Hey revolution Dx, how exactly did you manage the upside down gravity? And does it require special frame skins for the character sprites?
I think it just rotates it.

-Sigh- If only I could manage to program lowercase c-z into the sprite frames that could be used to show floor to wall to ceiling running...
That would go so well with the gravity modifications...

EMPEROR METALLIX said:
Hey revolution Dx, how exactly did you manage the upside down gravity? And does it require special frame skins for the character sprites?
http://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/Console#GR_FOV_.3Cnumber.3E

I won't consider it 'upside down gravity' from how I'm looking at the shot. You're just playing from a different point of view. If this is really 'upside down gravity,' then yeah, it would be good to know how it was performed.

That's the only screenshot shown, so that's is how I'm looking at it. If you provided more screenshots showing how the player was 'flipped' during the transfer of 'normal gravity' to 'upside down gravity,' then that's great. In other words, you didn't post enough evidence for your point. Like how other people said, anyone can just modify screenshots to make it look like how they want it to look like. Yes, a video is nice, but still, anyone can fake it.

-~-

As for Dash's World, as what the thread is all about, the modification is great! However, there was one flaw for me. Your second level was extremely laggy due to all the detail you managed to put in the level. I have the same problem when making my levels. But, overall, everything is excellent. Great work here, DashFox2007!

If the screenshot was rotated, don't you think the icons will do the same?
No, it didn't happend. I don't have a video camera so sorry, no real proof I can show.

RevolutionDX said:
Here is the real screenshot:

srb20012_0001.jpg

Happy?

Now there are two EXEs with upside-down gravity. Awesome.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
I was also running around trying to find a slope, but couldn't find one. I remember you posting a screenshot of this level with test slopes, but I still couldn't find any.
Slopes don't even have collision yet, so it'd just bring lag for computers that can't handle it. :P

zck2020 said:
EDIT: Need a spriter?

Did you see those bushes?!? If not, then try looking for them in the main Wadfile. Do you think he needs one anymore?

...just messing with you. :P I'm sure he'd like to have a sprite-helper, but I'm not 100% sure, because I'm not him. Although, he needs help with making/improving MD2s.

As for the mod, Dash, this is looking awesome. o.o

I'll Begin said:
Is there ANY reason to disable Software Mode in Dash's World at all?
It's not, you can use a -software parameter, and the reason it's not on by default is that I use certain effects for OpenGL, I didn't code in the effects for software, and not all the levels render properly even if all the sectors are closed and there's no errors, the high res textures get a purplish defect in them in software, and the transparency effects I use a lot don't look quite right. The lighting was way to dark in software, so I just fixed the renderers now to make the lighting look much more similar.

Hom Errors:
shot0010xr6.png

Transparency problems:
shot0011ma9.png

The way I wanted it to look:
shot0012vf7.png

I'll Begin said:
Furthermore, is there any reason you had to mess with the filenames? That's just completely pointless and annoying.

Nope, it's not pointless at all, the files that I renamed were modified so you could paste them into your srb2 folder and the game would give back MD5 errors, and why is it annoying? You don't need to rename anything for the game to work. You just need to copy srb2.srb and music.dta into the zip.

It amuses me that you think you can program what the likes of SSNTails have failed at. Not even Shuffle got slopes working completely.

Cue said:
It amuses me that you think you can program what the likes of SSNTails have failed at. Not even Shuffle got slopes working completely.
Come on let him try, its fun to watch people fail *stabbed*

Silent_Snipe said:
Come on let him try, its fun to watch people fail *stabbed*

Yeah, actually, I like this idea much more.

zck2020 said:
Then you are blind. Or you haven't tested it, or you didn't pay attention to how the mod basically runs better than Srb2.

No, I'm just in the small portion of the community that doesn't drool over the trash and avoid the good stuff like the plague...

Not that I'm saying this is trash, just rather plain and not at all new to SRB2.

You can prevent lag by using the console command limitdraw, or by playing in software if you have a weak graphics card.

Cue said:
It amuses me that you think you can program what the likes of SSNTails have failed at.
Since when did I say this? :O

123 Runite said:
I won't consider it 'upside down gravity' from how I'm looking at the shot. You're just playing from a different point of view. If this is really 'upside down gravity,' then yeah, it would be good to know how it was performed.

That's the only screenshot shown, so that's is how I'm looking at it. If you provided more screenshots showing how the player was 'flipped' during the transfer of 'normal gravity' to 'upside down gravity,' then that's great. In other words, you didn't post enough evidence for your point. Like how other people said, anyone can just modify screenshots to make it look like how they want it to look like.
http://www.mediafire.com/?aaaamaaazag
Note: I didn't code it, but it is avaliable on the public SVN of srb2,
Edit: I'm not going to be using this in the level shown btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back