SONIC the Hedgehog: Final Nail in Sonic's Coffin?

Sonic NextGen: What do you think?

• It was good... nothing "amazing"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It was bad... not quite what I was expecting

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Right. <_<

I think you may want to know that can be considered trolling, or even flaming, and also spam.

It's also inaccurate in the sense that we don't hate Sonic; in fact, I think some of the older games are great. If you look at the newer side, however, he's right. Some of the newer games kind of suck, seeing how glitchy they are, and how linear the levels can be. We're simply stating what we think is a fact, don't jump on us here. =P

EDIT: Ack, you beat me to it, Arc.

It'a a level of sarcasm, basically saying "Shut up. I don't want to hear your stupid babble any longer."

Also, I disagree. Sonic Adventure DX and SA2 are exceedingly fun. And I play the latter on a slow, clunky DC emulator, mind you, with poor drawing. So, really, your opinion seems to be based on your dislike of glitches which is fine and good, but not a reason to hate a game. Unless the glitches make the game unplayable, which I haven't seen yet.

Sonic Adventure wasn't so bad, but SA2's glitches overcame me in my last outing. I just outright shut off the game after I randomly flew off a loop for the fifth time.

I've played and finished the game at 100% and I these things to say :
-Constent bugs and glitchs (falling through floor, home on enemies but you go past them all fall off platform ect...)
-Camera is even more rubbish then on the other Sonic games
-You can home on grinds witch makes it impossible when you want to get on a grind and there are enemies all over.
-Too short.
-Why the hell would shadow bother using a jeep (crappy name : "the shadowmobile") if he is supposed to go as fast as sonic?

There is more but I think I have said enough. Yes I am a Sonic fan ever since I was young but I think that SEGA has totally ruined it by making Sonic games serious and trying to attract more pepole by making it dark and evil. They seem to forget that Sonic is supposed to be more on the "speedy, fun and comical" side. And I think that by making it darker ans serious they are loosing alot of fans. They should stick to games like SA1.

Well, seeing as this topic was bumped, I might as well write little something too.
Negative
-Too much glitches (falling through floor, homing attack fails at times, character will move in random directions at times, etc.)
-They introduced a character that seemed like it belonged in Final Fantasy
-Didn't fit in with other sonic games (how the hell did Blaze meet Silver? And how come Soleana isn't in any other Sonic games?)
-Did the unthinkable *spoiler*
-Added a human character
-Made Robotnik look retarded
Positive
-Multiple paths (unlike Sonic Heroes)
-Good graphics

As you can see, this game didn't do too well in my opinion.

I didn't read all the posts, but Sega's gone to far. Aside from what I saw yo guys mention, they also made Sonic fall in loove with the princess. He was never supposed to fall in live with ANYONE.

Sonic Team is just ruining Sonic now, for their own good, they need to re-look at what Sonic is all about, if Sonic is ever going to survive.

Galea said:
-Constent bugs and glitchs (falling through floor, home on enemies but you go past them all fall off platform ect...)
I'll give you the movement bugs part, but I can't say I've ever fallen through a floor.

Camera is even more rubbish then on the other Sonic games
Camera? Rubbish? Hardly.

-You can home on grinds witch makes it impossible when you want to get on a grind and there are enemies all over.
I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding this one. Someone want to help translate? From what I've played (a lot), being able to homing attack the grind rails only makes it a smoother ride altogether.

-Too short.
Sonic + Silver + Shadow = longer than SA1 or SA2 by leaps and bounds, my dear friend.

-Why the hell would shadow bother using a jeep (crappy name : "the shadowmobile") if he is supposed to go as fast as sonic?
Gameplay diversity. At least it worked a lot better in here than it did in Shadow, if nothing else. In Sonic 2K6's case, it's actually helpful to hop in the jeep from time to time.

Here's my idea to redeam the Sonic Series. If sega doesn't do something, I don't know what will happen to him.

After SA2B the games went downhill. I'm hoping the Sonic team was warped into some type of machine where a person controls their lives, emotions, etc. How they got there: When Sonic and shadow warped space colony ARK, they accidentally warped themselves into the machine. Why did shadow dissapear and not Sonic, because he was the only one that escaped the machine. So, shadow finds them, tells them what happened, (and of course they're embarrassed about some of the things they did, like Sonic and Elise. Of course, the machine was also controlling their emotions, so Sonic and Tails are redeemed there too.) So then, they shut the machine down, and stop a villian from destroying Mobius Prime. Because the villian intentionally built the machine, perhaps another one of Gerald robotniks death plans for Earth, and he knew that if they tried to warp ARK, the prototype of shadow would warp them all into the machine with it's dieing breath. So they saved Mobius Prime, killed the Final hazard, and all but got warped to the machine. By machine I mean like a virtual reality they were plugged into.

Well, it's kinda stupid but at least it would set Sonic Series back to SA2B, and they could have a do over without restarting the series.

I just figured out Why my friend calls sonic retarded and gay.He doesn't really love elise, I think it's just a friend thing. If sonic was alive when she made that unnecesary kiss then it probably wouldn't happen.Wikipedia says sonic loves amy in general but it's WRONG. he can have a close friend who's a girl,he wasn't kissed in his own will, he was dead.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Galea said:
Camera is even more rubbish then on the other Sonic games
Camera? Rubbish? Hardly.
I think a better way to get this through to you is as such: I frequently can't tell what in God's name I'm about to land on when I'm in the air due to bad camera angles - and that's without the camera pulling to a corner to make something look nice, that's in the middle of gameplay. If I'm just running around, it's no issue, but as soon as I'm in the air, it's hit or miss.

Not to mention vertical movement upward tends to make the camera move below you, making it impossible to see the ground entirely. Laaaaame.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
Galea said:
I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding this one. Someone want to help translate? From what I've played (a lot), being able to homing attack the grind rails only makes it a smoother ride altogether.
From what I've read, he's saying that having to home in on a rail makes it impossible to get on when enemies are around. Honestly, though, you probably want to take the enemies out anyway. That being said, I DO have qualms with the homing-onto-rails thing, which I've elaborated on in the Sonic Heroes topic.

Wikipedia says sonic loves amy in general but it's WRONG.
Don't fall for wikiality. This entire factoid is entirely truthiness, nothing more.

I rented the game for two weeks for my 360 and it wasn't what I expected... The only thing I can say that were suprising were the graphics, they weren't like sonic heroes were some cut-scenes look REALLY GOOD then you do a level immediatly after and you look like.... well... like the crappy sonic heroes-plastic look. SOME cut-scenes ARE better than others.. but not by far... The only part in the game that made me mad enough to actually turn it off is where you have to put the ball in the hole with silver. I admit the camera was not as bad as I expected, considering almost anyone whose played it, saw someone playing it, or even heard of it said the camera was a little ***** making you fall of every two minutes. I atually enjoyed it, but it could have been better.

I consider it a very nice game. It's hard. And there are lots of realistic ways to die, and some unrealistic. I've only beat WO2, but that was very fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back