Post your pics/art here!

Thank you guys, I appreciate the compliments. I'm thinking I should now tackle a full color picture of Earthbound/Mother. Maybe, I should try my hand at a full color Giygas first.... Do you want to see that?
Hell to the YEAH!
Seriously, the way you drew Pokey/Porky/whatever. It was coolawesome. Do I have you on my DAWatch yet? Because if not, I've been a terrible jerk and deserve to die.
That picture of NIMH was epicawesome. I remember watching a weird animated movie I had never seen or heard of before in which a mother mouse was on a quest for something. I was stunned, the animation was impressive! How could I have never heard of it! Now I know what the name is and can finally watch it in its entirety.

Woah, Greg. You never cease to amaze me with your skills.
The only tip I could give is... on one of your pictures. The bottom of the hand looks like its bulging out. If you want more detail.. I'll show you.

Woah, Greg. You never cease to amaze me with your skills.
The only tip I could give is... on one of your pictures. The bottom of the hand looks like its bulging out. If you want more detail.. I'll show you.

Ok then. Get a hold of the picture, and come back here with your advice. I love criticism when needed.

Here's a little doodle I did the other day.
Its a concept for something I'm working on.
runicoutlook.png

=O your on retro? And I already have some screens of gameplay, though I'm no where near done RRZ :p.

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't done anything with colored pencils in years, literally. Any tips, Greg?

Well, I'm not Greg, but something I've always found helpful is to make the colors darkest around the edges of the lines on your sketch. And then go lighter as you move on.

You know, now that I think about it, I haven't done anything with colored pencils in years, literally. Any tips, Greg?

Alright, here's a basic tutorial in words.

If you're working over pencils instead of inks, make sure to fill in the pencil lines first as dark as you can so as to get a natural feel in the outlines, depending on the color inside of that outline. That's how I did Dark Knight of NIMH.

If you're working with inked outlines, then that's an easier matter. All you have to do is make sure to add hard pressure whenever you're shading a piece of work and depending on how dark the shadow is, add some black in there and really smooth into your shade and make it feel natural. It's a diligent process. Wherever it reflects the light (example: Sonic's head highlights and shades have always reflected the light source and where it's coming from, see all of the classic Sonics, of course) make sure to color very lightly, but do keep in mind if your object is shiny or not. If not, then don't go TOO light or it will look ridiculous (like something from Sonic Heroes).

How's about another lesson? I know of this technique that Tim Burton uses for most of his artwork, so just continue readnb please.

This technique is called "mute colors". You see, this technique is where if you want to color in a secondary color, make sure to fill in the two primary colors that make up that color. Say, if you wanted to color orange... Well, you would have to pull out the red and yellow, and meld the colors together and whatnot. Again, I'll bring light sources into the discussion again, and whichever color was the brighter one, that would be the lighter shade that I'd need to show off where the light source is coming from. For darker areas, combine the colors in as harsh as possible and then touch it in with some black of course. Now, the same could be said for the Primaries, but using their opposite colors on the Color Wheel instead. Blue's companion is orange, so in the dark blue areas, there will be some orange in there. Mute Colors is a style, and a very unique one at that. Whenever you're shading a white object, keep in mind, that Mute Colors allow you to have a good hold of the atmosphere of the picture... Use your colors wisely. If you're going to shade an eye, go with a light blue and shade it in lightly with some grey (or black VERY LIGHTLY NOW.), if you're shading a hand do the same. It feels so good, and so right. It makes the piece feel a whole lot more natural if you ask me.... Which is why I've never forgotten to shade my eyes that way.

Hope that helps.

Well, I'm not Greg, but something I've always found helpful is to make the colors darkest around the edges of the lines on your sketch. And then go lighter as you move on.

Uh... You have your head in the right place, but your method is simple. It's not bad, but it's just... SIMPLE.

http://gregthecatofgordawn.deviantart.com/art/Warping-the-Dimension-01-149943198

Warping_the_Dimension_01_by_GregTheCatOfGordawn.jpg

I'll be honest. I don't really like how SEGA's been treating Blaze. I mean Eggman Nega (I still can't seem to get over the joke of a name) isn't even the polar opposite of Robotnik... Or at least... not the Classic Games Robotnik. Yes, Robotnik of the Genesis games=SatAM Robotnik. Get over it. He bombed the hell out of Angel Island (ships overhead, Sonic and Tails dodging every bomb! The forest is completely burning to ashes! Man, it sounds like World War II, doesn't it?) , framed Sonic for attempting to steal the Master Emerald, and played Knuckles like a chump.

Anyways, so... If Eggman Nega is supposed to be the polar opposite of Robotnik... Wouldn't this be a more accurate depiction of what Rush should've been? Blaze is the big bad queen of her dimension causing the people misery? And Kintobor is the good hero freeing his people from tyranny?

Last edited:
She reminds me of kagan from Prengragon book1. But there is one tiney flaw. The good Doctor Kintobor, was only from 1 zone in the Archie series. Every other eggman is evil. Just like eggman prime.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back