• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

I'm gonna frown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sonicfan93

hehehe... well, what this topic is really about is this:
I deleted the letters plr on knux.plr and changed it to WAD. It worked :P .
when I went to new game in the main menu and chose knux I played as Zim instead.

Weird, ain't it?(I'm not lying)

So can I change wad to plr so it will give me a bonus at the end of the game?

Uh, no, it's only giving you Zim because it can't load Knux. Remove any more and you're likely to see your SRB2 fail.

Don't even joke about frowning.

It makes me frow-*shot*

Here's what SRB2 thinks when you start it.

L'see... Load SONIC.PLR.
Load TAILS.PLR.
Load KNUX.PLR- Whoops! I can't find that one. I'll skip it.
Load ZIM.DTA

Then, when you choose knux on the menu, it goes to Zim because Zim was the 3rd one loaded.

Note that in 1.09, the character select screen is bound by skin NAME, not number, so it'll just bomb out if Knuckles isn't there.

SSNTails said:
Note that in 1.09, the character select screen is bound by skin NAME, not number, so it'll just bomb out if Knuckles isn't there.

That will change how character wads are placed on the player select screen, won't it? So much for using the Shadow wad to put your characters on the player select screen...

JJames19119 said:
SSNTails said:

That will change how character wads are placed on the player select screen, won't it? So much for using the Shadow wad to put your characters on the player select screen...

All you have to do is add one more line to the SOC lump in the wad to make it work.

Mystic said:
Hell, 1.09 will just bomb out in general if you mess with the data files at all.
It's supposed that nothing must be touched... And that rule is for everything... SRB2, any game, any program, the life by itself...

tails92 said:
Mystic said:
Hell, 1.09 will just bomb out in general if you mess with the data files at all.

Not really true.
I can always modify SRB2 1.09 sources and recompile it! :D

I don't think 1.09 comes with the source code anymore...

Because people like me are going to hack it to have all of 1.09's stuff but keep 1.08's mechanics and... stuff. I like 1.09, but so much has changed that alot of it just isn't worth getting used to.

I'M JOKING =P

The sad thing is that I'm positive someone will actually be serious about complaining that we nerfed this and that. =P

It wouldn't be as interesting if we didn't change game mechanics ^_^()

Here's what SRB2 thinks when you start it.

L'see... Load SONIC.PLR.
Load TAILS.PLR.
Load KNUX.PLR- Whoops! I can't find that one. I'll skip it.
Load ZIM.DTA

Whats the difference between PLR and DTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back