Sonic Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, OK. Well, in that case, I guess my comment can be disregarded now. And as far as Sonic Rush, that whole Rush concept should have not seen its way into the game, since it's the equivalent of being able to thok in 2D mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKAW4aEQiTA

This is what I'm gonna try to do tonight. There's already a few videos, so it shouldn't be that hard.

And if you keep feeding Chip his favorite foods, he gives you three videos for you to lol at. To check them out, search for it in YouTube. "Sonic Unleashed Secret Cutscenes". The Chun-Nan one is the only one worth watching, really. I already have 2 videos myself.

I just played this game on the XBox 360 this weekend, I got to say, this is 1 Sonic game I really wished for. The gameplay is nice, both speed & combat, the scenery & the graphics are beautiful, and it's really worth playing even if you are not a major Sonic fan. My only small thing about it in my opinion is some of the werehog stages take ages to complete especially the one in italy, and there should be more speed stages, but other from that, it's a very nice piece of work.

Chaos Zero 64 said:
And if you keep feeding Chip his favorite foods, he gives you three videos for you to lol at. To check them out, search for it in YouTube. "Sonic Unleashed Secret Cutscenes". The Chun-Nan one is the only one worth watching, really. I already have 2 videos myself.

How do I unlock them in the wii version? Also, the chuan-nan one is hilarious.

You don't,to get the chun-nan one you have to get EVERY item besides the last movie....since its the chun-nan.

You can see items guides at Sega of America forums.

Autosaver said:
You don't,to get the chun-nan one you have to get EVERY item besides the last movie....since its the chun-nan.
Dear god.. Really? That really irks me. But still all the more reason to replay Unleashed's levels.

I already got all the items on the 360 version. It annoyed me how I got all the items from all the stores, but were still missing some. Later on, I read that the guy with the Chao puppet was actually a salesman.

So now, the Professor said "That's enough, seriously" on the achievements. I then wanted to get the Hungry Hungry Hedgehog achievement, but I need to eat the hot dogs from the hot dog stand. Which means I HAVE to finish Eggmanland without dying. So I left it there...

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
After watching one level be played on Sonic Unleashed, I think that I might not exactly want the PS3 version at least.

You've said it right. If you're to get it, get the Wii version. Even more outside sources say the Wii and PS2 versions (of course with the work of Dimps) is much better than that of the PS3 and 360 versions (with Sonic Team messing up again).

arnold_the_bartender said:
You've said it right. If you're to get it, get the Wii version. Even more outside sources say the Wii and PS2 versions (of course with the work of Dimps) is much better than that of the PS3 and 360 versions (with Sonic Team messing up again).
For me, it's rather the contrary, if I could have a 360/PS3, I would definitively buy it, it has way more things that the WII/PS2 have, like the adventure fields. Also, it has less werehog stages than the WII/PS2 version, and the day stages are more longer and more challenging. It's not that it's made by Sonic Team that it should suck. Give me 2/3 reasons for the 360/PS3 version to suck, and I'll understand you.

Brown the dog said:
Also, it has less werehog stages than the WII/PS2 version, and the day stages are more longer and more challenging.

It actually has the same amount of Werehog gameplay, but its all compressed into one giant (20-30 mins) level instead of split into bite-size chunks. The PS3/X360 version does have adventure fields, but these tend to be even more disruptive than the werehog levels in the flow of the game, so be sure you are going to enjoy item hunting and tiny subquests. Wii also places more emphasis on platforming in the night levels, while PS3/X360 give you a little bit more of a refined fighting system.

Lastly, the daytime stages for the PS3/X360 have a little bit more to get in your way.... either consider this trial+error, clutter, or anything else, but a good comparison would probably be PS3 is Secret Rings level of obstacles while Wii is Sonic Rush.

Personally, I think I'd enjoy either, and the fact that the PS3/X360 *does* have two levels that the Wii version doesn't is very tempting... however the platforming emphasis on the Werehog and the fact that I only have a Wii has me sold. (and besides that, I might have fun swinging my arms for a few minutes until I decide to revert to traditional control)

DISCLAIMER: Note, I have not played either version, this analysis is based on a collection of reviews concerning Sonic Unleashed. Both are worth getting, despite how poor a reviewer may decide to grade them... the gameplay progression is its own worst enemy however... even moreso in the next-gen forms.

I can now say that I played both versions. I only played like 3 levels of Sonic gameplay and 1 level of Werehog gameplay on 360.

If you own a Wii only, get it.
If you own both a Wii and 360.... Uh.. Hard to say. I loved both versions with all the passion of my Sonic fandom but both have their own exclusive things going for them. However, based on classicness, refined combat, and 2 exclusive levels, I say go with 360. And unlike the Wii version, Werehog's camera on 360 can be moved around... (Yes, moved around.)
... Ah! Who am I kidding? If you have both systems, you make the choice! I personally would go with 360. *shuts mouth.* (Did I just say that?)

I must go apologize to Nintendo. It isn't their fault that Wii Unleashed wasn't better than its HD counterpart but rather a fantastic yet not as amazing port... (Crap! I've got to stop that!)

Still not buying it. I played it on someone else's Wii for a couple hours, that's enough for me.

Chisuun said:
Ssp, I've played through most of it, and SA2:B is still much better.

Second this,Sonic Unleashed doesn't have so much replay value,doesn't have multi-player("Shadow The hedgehog - DAMN!) and doesn't have a lot of levels. :(

Autosaver said:
Chisuun said:
Ssp, I've played through most of it, and SA2:B is still much better.

Second this,Sonic Unleashed doesn't have so much replay value,doesn't have multi-player("Shadow The hedgehog - DAMN!) and doesn't have a lot of levels. :(
Doesn't have a lot of levels? It has 3 Acts in both Day time and Night time for each world in the 360 version of the game.

They were wanting to focus on the single player experience this time.

Replay value? Eh... It pretty much depends on taste and opinion.

I have the Wii version. :P
So it doesn't have 3 acts...>:(

Replay Value - Not as much as SA2B IMO
Also no chao garden.....not that it needs it but it makes me play the game a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back