Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

tails92

LH_landingPage_logo.gif

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista

Discuss

Introducing Windows Vista™

It enables a new level of problems in your PC and in your ability to get the least out of it.

It introduces clear bluescreens to scramble and misuse information the way you don't want it to.

It seamlessly connects you to viruses, spyware, and adware that help you get the most spam.

Sorry if it sounds prejudging, but I could NOT pass that up once I got the idea. XD
Besides. If I didn't do it, Omega or Hotdog might have done it...

Anyway... I hope it'll be good.

WHY IS EVERYONE FORGETTING ME I WAS THE ORIGINAL EVIL GUY

Or perhaps I just wasn't trying hard enough? Meh.

God, the thing has only been announced a while ago and you're so quick to attack it. I mean, seriously, you'd have to be either very stupid or very determined (or just very, very unlucky) to get many BSODs out of XP, and Microsoft has a tendency to release BETTER OSes as time goes on (barring ME).

So, I'd hold off on the bashing, unless you're part of the public beta on August 3rd and therefore know exactly what you're dealing with.

The above doesn't go for those just joking around, only those who're being sincere.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't get this "anti-Windows" movement everyone over the net is being a part of. I personally don't find any problems with Windows; it gets the job done, and contrary to "how much it crashes", I barely ever crash. I've almost never had a problem with Windows.

Having said that, I wish I had a chance to check out Vista Beta 1 (and I just might!). From doing some research, I can honestly say the Windows guys really worked their asses off with this one; unfortunately, it seems they only worked on the stuff that didn't matter.

I must say only a thing: newer Windows sucks. When I used 3.11 (when I had a 386), Windows NEVER crashed, gave me an error or something of that kind... Is more: a time I accidentally deleted the system files and it still works...

Newer Windows crashes constantly, however. Note that the crashes started to appear in WinNT, oh, when the Start Menu appeared. It's a bug that never was corrected. And when a program crashes, the dump is exactly the same ALWAYS.

I heard that Windows Longhorn (sorry, Vista now) will be 3D (in its begins). If this is true, then they'll get rid the Start menu, and probably the bug... but surely replacing it by other bug. :(

Sik said:
Newer Windows crashes constantly, however. Note that the crashes started to appear in WinNT, oh, when the Start Menu appeared. It's a bug that never was corrected. And when a program crashes, the dump is exactly the same ALWAYS.
Translation: somebody doesn't know what the heck they're doing with XP.

I'm the exact opposite..
WHen I had Windows 3.1, the bitch wouldn't STOP crashing.
Now I have to be doing something really stupid to crash my computer. Actually, most of my crashes are the program's fault, not the OS's.

Or a file is damaged.

However, I suppose that Windows isn't enough estable for all the users... With me it always crashes, with my mother not. :S

Unless they removed that feature, Vista aimed to fix that by having different levels of users, ranging from those who'll admit they're clueless to those who know a LOT of inticate details about how to get Windows to do what you want it to do, and modifying what you can and cannot do based upon that.

If you're talking about administrators, users and that kind of things (yes, similar to the ranking here), then that've been applied long time ago (WinNT, Win2k, WinXP, I mean, all the network based versions).

No, I'm really not. They're actually redesigning the interface so that everyone, from idiots to outright techies, can make the most of it.

I had Windows 98 on a laptop once. But then it crashed every week so eventually I just threw the laptop out my two story bedroom window and then attacked it with a sledge hammer. Ive been using Gentoo Linux 50% of the time since and have had no problems with it at all.

"Crashed every week" implies that it only crashed once a week..

That isn't that bad :/.

And yet you continue to attack new versions of Windows, when all your experience is based on 8-year-old technology? Brilliant (not).

What if I tested all the versions from Win 3.1 to WinXP? *shot*

Ah, Akira, Win98 isn't the best OS to use in a laptop...

I had Windows ME. Crashed daily.
I got Windows XP. Has YET to crash on me.

Good times are had by all... Me, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back