Next-gen Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also recomend making sonic faster. Look in Sonic X! (its sucks, I know) Sonic is gone in a milisecond with only a blur behind him. Sonic can run at supersonic speeds! This looks like even I can run that fast! (Except for the part with the speed panels)

Super mystic sonic said:
I also recomend making sonic faster. Look in Sonic X! (its sucks, I know) Sonic is gone in a milisecond with only a blur behind him.

Isn't the game hard enough to control at max speed ALREADY? >_>

You know, I guess there's an AR code out there or something that makes it so that if you hold down 'Z' you go really, really fast. I haven't tried it, but if SADX's turbo cheat gives me any idea, this should at least boost it up a little =P

Why does everyone insist that the game go faster and faster and faster? Don't they see how bloody shallow that'd be?

Frankly, I say we should go back to the old formula - slow in some parts where you get to do platforming and other fun gimmicks, while blazing fast in others. You can even try to get blazing fast in some of the slow areas, and occasionally open up a new path or bonus that way (remember jumping on top of loops in Green Hill Zone?)

Blazing fast overall results in Sonic Advance 2, and that game sucked.

One of the main reasons I dislike the old games is how, outside of loops/ramps/corkscrews, incredibly rare it was that you could actually go blazingly fast. It just feels too slow for me nowadays. Having speed a higher priority over good level design is a plus in my book :E

The speed of SA2 is too slow, after I beat shadow about 4 times, I felt that SA2 was too slow for me after that. SA-DX is faster than SA2 anyway.

Omega the Hedgehog said:
One of the main reasons I dislike the old games is how, outside of loops/ramps/corkscrews, incredibly rare it was that you could actually go blazingly fast. It just feels too slow for me nowadays. Having speed a higher priority over good level design is a plus in my book :E
That explains a lot. I _HATE_ the "run blazingly fast for no good reason" sections. I want to run fast in areas I SHOULDN'T be, and go slow in areas where I'm supposed to be running blazingly fast to see if they hid anything ^_~

Actually, Sonic Team should hide more things in areas where you appear to be supposed to go fast. It's be a level design plus, and it'd keep players on their toes, not to mention the fact that it'd kill of the 'total speed' idea. Not that it's not fun, but it doesget old to just, you know, run after a while. That's what racing games are for. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back