Next-gen Sonic

Status
Not open for further replies.
KingofFlames said:
Alexmonk0 said:
KingofFlames said:
I heard Super Sonic will be fully playable.......:D
Oh, and considering SS has been "fully playable" in all of the Sonic games this gen
He's only been playable during Final Boss Battles in this gen, so that's NOT considered fully playable, and I read it on the WIKI thank you very much. dumbass
Sorry, no, he was playable in Riders as a selectable character. zomgwtflose *mauled*

Sonic The Hedgehog (Nex-Gen)
Game Brief
The following excerpt was taken from http://www.sega-europe.com/:

Sonic The Hedgehog for PS3 and Xbox 360 will be developed under the direction of Yuji Naka. With an innovative combination of art, physics and game design, SEGA and Mr Naka expect to create the most intense sensation of speed ever experienced in videogames. Sonic The Hedgehog for next-gen is expected to ship on multiple platforms in conjunction with the character's 15th anniversary in 2006.

"We are proud to re-create our famous friend, Sonic, for a new generation of gamers on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360," said Yuji Naka, R&D Creative Officer, SEGA Corporation. "With Sonic The Hedgehog, we have gone back to our starting point, more than 15-years ago, to reinvent the attitude and speed that made our hero a legend. The 'rebirth of Sonic' will offer an unparalleled sense of speed that is only possible using the processing power afforded by the new systems."

here! ^^

Walter

Omega the Hedgehog said:
KingofFlames said:
Alexmonk0 said:
KingofFlames said:
I heard Super Sonic will be fully playable.......:D
Oh, and considering SS has been "fully playable" in all of the Sonic games this gen
He's only been playable during Final Boss Battles in this gen, so that's NOT considered fully playable, and I read it on the WIKI thank you very much. dumbass
Sorry, no, he was playable in Riders as a selectable character. zomgwtflose *mauled*
I hope this means Sonic Team will begin to bring back the old formula for Super Sonic.

Usually, I get as excited about a new Sonic game just like sonicroboblast11 does. But after going through multiple reviews, videos, and screenshots, I have made the conclusion that SRB2 is a better game than the Sonic the Hedgehog Next Gen. game. :?

Kaos Fox said:
Usually, I get as excited about a new Sonic game just like sonicroboblast11 does. But after going through multiple reviews, videos, and screenshots, I have made the conclusion that SRB2 is a better game than the Sonic the Hedgehog Next Gen. game. :?

Yes, because you can see into the future and play it :roll: All we have are a few screenshots and some videos, hardly anything to judge the game on, I'll admit Sonic team's track record hasn't been amazing as of late (Shadow FTW), with the exception of Rush, have no idea whever Riders is any good because the damn thing hasn't been released around here yet.

But judging your opinion based only on previous games and a few screenshots is a no-no, Sonic rush jumped out of nowhere and turned out to be an awsome game, and I see no valid reason why this one can't (I also see no valid reason for it to be good, but we can hope :D .

Alexmonk0 said:
I see no valid reason why this one can't (I also see no valid reason for it to be good, but we can hope :D .
It's 3D. That is a valid reason why this one can't, because Sonic Team STILL hasn't figured out how to do Sonic in 3D. Sonic Rush is expanding on a formula that goes back to 1991, that was brilliant back then, and despite their best efforts to ruin it, it's still fun as hell. The 3D Sonic games, however, are going back to Sonic Adventure, which while it was kinda fun, had a LOT of issues, including camera issues, solidity issues, and just plain being a buggy engine. As much as I'd LOVE to play a good 3D Sonic game, I can't help but be pessimistic given SEGA's recent track record.

Although not a true Sonic game, SOnic Riders was pretty good. I didn't encounnter ant bugs at all, other than the fact that Omochao occasionally calls your character the wrong gender (ie, Playing as Sonic, do a trick, Omochao says "She makes a perfect landing and takes advantage of the speed!"

Wow... It's amazing that you guys bashed the guy at the start and then started actually talking about the topic! :o *GASP!!!* Actually staying on topic! *GASPS AGAIN* Anyhow, the game looks good in my opinion. And, I still can't figure out what people hated so much about Sonic Heroes, the ONLY two things it lacked were a good multi-player and Story, but gameplay and graphics wre great! And one more thing, I don't beleave he said (he as in the person who started this topic) showed any kind of fanbuyism at all...

(Yes I know, I was a little late for the topic!)

SA's adventure stages should return. The levels only are boring. I play more in SA city alone than all 1P stages togheter. Why? Endless running around in circles, jumping, flying, testing and stuff.

Give Sonic-next gen the adventure fields, the SA spindash, loose shadow, and make it a adventure game, instead of a killing game. And I would really recommend COOP and MATCH netplay! If they do that, the game will be unbeatable.

Yes, it is too bad that Sega won't steal from SRB2 and throw in a ringslinger.
That'd be so leet ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back