Stuff to put in SRB2ME (DISCUSSION TOPIC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Segmint said:
Sector Type - Red Team Area (15 Second Kill if Still)
Sector Type - Blue Team Area (15 Second Kill if Still)

I dunno, there has to be a way to eliminate camping on either base, whether it be their own teams on their own bases, or camping on the other team's.

15 seconds if still? Still avoidable. People will start to move around when this happens. I'd rather have a set second kill, depending on size of the sector, when they are on the sector, even if they are moving.

Ex: A sector is 100 units by 100 units. It should take no more than 5 seconds to get in and out of that sector.

Ex2: A sector is 1,000 units by 1,000 units. It should take about 10-20 seconds to get out of that sector.

Honestly, I've been thinking something needs to be done about that myself, but the only thing I can really think of is, say, adding some kind of team defenses into the base, like turrets that only fire at one team.

Mystic said:
Honestly, I've been thinking something needs to be done about that myself, but the only thing I can really think of is, say, adding some kind of team defenses into the base, like turrets that only fire at one team.
Yeah, but it have it have a low fire rate, for the people who aren'tcamping.

Mystic said:

Actually, wouldn't it be possible to stick a timer to an individual player and just have it go off, damaging said player? If so, why not have a sector type activate the timer? Preferably the Red/Blue team base sectors. It could give a small notice to the player's stats screen (similar to how it notifies of invincibility, barriers, etc.), counting down to DOOM.

Put the ruddy Analog mode back to working! This is a must, and goes well with messing around with cam_height and cam_dist options through the console.

Speaking of camera, we should have an option in the menu screen to adjust its position with the arrow keys, and it could show you the position of the camera relative to you.

Dark Warrior said:
Mystic said:

Actually, wouldn't it be possible to stick a timer to an individual player and just have it go off, damaging said player? If so, why not have a sector type activate the timer? Preferably the Red/Blue team base sectors. It could give a small notice to the player's stats screen (similar to how it notifies of invincibility, barriers, etc.), counting down to DOOM.

Or you could just kill campers! A hard idea to grasp I know, but it would work.

The problem isn't really camping, cueball. The problem is large game dynamics.

Let's say, for instance, that you're playing a 6v6 game. 1 person on each team is going to be flag running. At least one person needs to be trying to get the flag back from the other side. Where is the most surefire place to catch the opposing flag carrier? At the base, of course, right? Hence, the general result is that one person is carrying the flag on each team, and there are five people camping the opposing base, making it impossible to score. Neither team's flag carrier can get into their own base, and then the game stagnates, neither team wanting to do anything and disrupt their position.

Should the flag carrier drop the flag somehow, it will be placed right in front of the 5 people camping the base.

Now, obviously, in a real game situation, players aren't always going to be in the exact spot they want to be, either because they need items or just got hit, but in general, somebody is going to be camping the base always, which makes it very hard to return the flag to the base. Whether or not this is a bad thing is a matter of opinion.

I'd more agree to having turretfire against the other team. But make this optional, as a boolean variable controlled by the console.

What on Edge was saying was change the bases in all of the CTF maps so that people standing on the flag spawn point could be killed easier, maybe adding more paths to get to the flag.

The problem is that I've tried. Turns out, making it easier to reach the flag makes it EASIER to camp it, since you can do so without standing still.

Darn-it. Um, how about making a map where the base is an elevated, sniper target? Anyway, what I mean is that the bases should be less sheltered.

SSNTails said:
ruddy? huh?

Ruddy's just an English adjective >_>

Anyway, I want to see the analog mode back to working in netplay. Don't say 'analog on in the console, lul' because I already tried that. I actually liked running around as if I were in Sonic Adventure.

Sykotic, analog has never worked in netgames. The netcode doesn't have anything to send the position of the camera to other players.

Mystic said:
The problem isn't really camping, cueball. The problem is large game dynamics.

Let's say, for instance, that you're playing a 6v6 game. 1 person on each team is going to be flag running. At least one person needs to be trying to get the flag back from the other side. Where is the most surefire place to catch the opposing flag carrier? At the base, of course, right? Hence, the general result is that one person is carrying the flag on each team, and there are five people camping the opposing base, making it impossible to score. Neither team's flag carrier can get into their own base, and then the game stagnates, neither team wanting to do anything and disrupt their position.

Should the flag carrier drop the flag somehow, it will be placed right in front of the 5 people camping the base.

Now, obviously, in a real game situation, players aren't always going to be in the exact spot they want to be, either because they need items or just got hit, but in general, somebody is going to be camping the base always, which makes it very hard to return the flag to the base. Whether or not this is a bad thing is a matter of opinion.

Which is why I think having multiple flags and bases would be brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back