Ripped Sprites in Skulltag

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSNTails said:
So if the mod is so popular, where are all the meatpuppets?

Play Sonic Advance, I think it has a sprite set for each character that would work for a 3d world that you might be able to use.
What about Sonic Xtreme?

Yeah, just use the old Sonic XTreme sprites for Sonic. You'd lose out on Tails, but that would work great for what you're doing. I think we even have them converted to WAD format in really ancient versions of SRB2 if you dig around, as that's what we used before AJ finished the new sprites.

SRB2's sprites, however, are not for use outside of SRB2. AJ hand-drew the things for use in this game. Also, whoever ripped those originally did a really terrible job. Reminds me of when I found someone who made a sprite sheet of them out of in-game screenshots.

whats really stupid is that this was bound to happen the sprites have been floating around skulltag forever doomfeind did not intend to steal them and we have people calling us theifs with out any chance for us to remove the sprites

ps when I heard of this we already talked about alternative sprites and found
A good one

Well, actually it wasn't bound to happen.

While making SRB2 we are careful to determine the source of any material we use that we didn't make ourselves. It's important to find the source of material we don't make so we can prevent exactly this kind of embarrassment from happening to us. Doomfiend could easily have asked around "Where did these sprites come from? Are they public domain?" and would have gotten a pretty quick answer from most of the Doom community since SRB2 is rather well-known. Now, I'm not saying "He's a horrible person for stealing sprites", however he did fail due diligence in searching for the original source material.

Dark Warrior said:
Mystic said:
Yeah, just use the old Sonic XTreme sprites for Sonic. You'd lose out on Tails, but that would work great for what you're doing. I think we even have them converted to WAD format in really ancient versions of SRB2 if you dig around, as that's what we used before AJ finished the new sprites.

http://dw.sepwich.com/files/xtreme109.wad

LOL some one converted that into A skin to

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=13175

and yes we are using ithis wad which turned out to be the XTreme version

Ash said:
Doomfiend said:
I might need to get rid of the sonicntails sprits where as ICE snitched on me...
Its funny 1st hes my friend and has my e-mail and then he comes up and stabs me in the back...
bu i guess its better then facing the administations but what he could have done was at least tell me about this...

Woah now, back up the train a damn second. Is he talking about me being his "friend'? I joined the skulltag forums yesterday, and have yet to post anything to anyone...

Ok, though he might of thought that I'm someone else on their forums. Wait, doesn't it automatically tell you if you have the same name as someone else?

Ugh, Damn... SORRY GUYS! This is my fault... Shoot, if I knew about the Sonic DM project taking the sprites, I would have told them to at least give SSNTails credit.

I have always loved SRB2 And I would never want the team to be ripped off in this fashion. At least when I did the death and firing frames, I did make sure to mention The SRB2 Team and SSNTails in the DECORATE and SkinInfo Lumps, but, unfortunately, I guess that wasn't enough. I should have gotten Permission as well. I take all of the blame. Sorry for this mess.

Though, rest assured, CDoom64 is long dead, though unfortunately the WAD Still lingers on the net. I will make haste in getting the wad off all Public ST Wad Servers.

Currently, SMMP10, one of my projects, has the Sprites, though don't think no work has gone into accompanying them, I have diligently worked on a Fully functional tails class in DECORATE and ACS, having unique weapons and abilities. It is a major part of the Project, and I'd hate to have to remove it. If SSNTails and I could negotiate something, I will be more than willing to Cooperate.

Edit: Sorry then, Ice, my Bad for pointing towards you. It is a chaotic time right now, today I just found out about both this thread, and the hacking of the ST forums, so I am a bit confused right now. My Apologies.

I joined the damn forums yesterday, you guys are mistaking me for another Ice. Did you even read my post above?

My Apologies then. I edited my post, sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: By the way, I created a thread on the Official Servers Forum on the ST Site, requesting that CDoom64 be taken down from all servers, at least that is step 1. http://skulltag.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=13734

EDIT2: Just to clear some things up as well from the post I made above, I am not involved with the ST Sonic DM Project, at all, other than the fact that the Sprites were lost in translation so to speak. I got the Sprites from SRB2, while giving credit(albeit vaguely, which is my fault), made some new frames. From then on in, it made it's way to the Sonic DM Project, without any warning whatsoever.

If they at least asked where I got the sprites from, I could've told them that they came from SRB2 and to give credit to SSNTails, thus eliminating confusion. But alas, my fault again, sorry.

EDIT3: I've made sure that Proper credit was given in SMMP10's Skininfo and DECORATE Lumps, just above where the Tails Class Script starts. But, I will also make sure to mention SSNTails in the next version's TitleMap.

Just to Show you:

Code:
// **** Tails Class ****
// Tails sacrifices health for many powerful and
// Unique abilities. He is Resilient to Radius Damage
// And he can Fly. 

// Being a Genius, He can also combine weapons
// and Integrate their technologies into his Primary Weapon.
// He is less affected by Gravity, similar to the physics in
// Sonic games. Tails is useful as a support class during 
// COOP Games because of this.

// His primary weapon shoots bouncing plasma projectiles, 
// and can be switched to rail mode once he picks up a 
// Railgun Core. Once Upgraded to Super mode after
// Combining weapons, it fires powerful shots, while
// Still only using 1 ammo per shot, making him an efficient
// Attacker in long maps. 

// During the demonic attacks on mobius,
// The arch viles were constantly reviving defeated demons, so
// Tails developed a serum, called Vile's Bane, which could
// Kill an archvile instantly, without need of brute force.
// Tails starts with 5 of these at the beginning of each map
// Or, online, at each respawn. Throw them at an arch vile
// to kill them instantly. The syringes cause no damage to
// Other monsters.

// Sprites thanks to SSNTails, and the SRB2 Development Team.
// Scripting and Character Voice by StrikerMan780.

actor TailsClassCheck : Inventory
{
  inventory.amount 1
  inventory.maxamount 1
  -INVBAR
  -INTERHUBSTRIP
  +INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE
  +INVENTORY.HUBPOWER
  states
  {
  Spawn:
    TNT1 A 1
    loop
  }
}

actor TailsFlightCheck : Inventory
{
  inventory.amount 1
  inventory.maxamount 100
  inventory.icon "STTPRCNT"
  -INVBAR
  -INTERHUBSTRIP
  +INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE
  +INVENTORY.HUBPOWER
  states
  {
  Spawn:
    TNT1 A 1
    loop
  }
}

actor TailsWeaponUpgrade : CustomInventory
{
  Scale 0.80
  inventory.amount 1
  inventory.maxamount 1
  inventory.icon "TOOLICON"
  +INVBAR
  +FLOATBOB
  +NOGRAVITY
  -INTERHUBSTRIP
  +INVENTORY.UNDROPPABLE
  +INVENTORY.HUBPOWER
  states
  {
  Use:
    RCOR A 1 A_JumpIfInventory("PlasmaCannon", 1, "Check1")
    RCOR A 0 ACS_Execute(963, 0)
    stop
  Check1:
    RCOR A 1 A_JumpIfInventory("ProtonTorpedoLauncher", 1, "Check2")
    stop
  Check2:
    RCOR A 1 A_JumpIfInventory("ProtonGrenadeLauncher", 1, "Working")
    stop
  Working:
    RCOR A 1 ACS_Execute(962, 0)
    RCOR A 1 A_PlaySound("Upgrade")
    RCOR A 1 A_GiveInventory("PlasmaDebris", 1)
    RCOR A 1 A...........

Cutting the code off there, it is way to long, goes for about 3 pages, and over 800 lines of code, in Both DECORATE and ACS. Code-wise, a lot of effort went into making the actual class.

SSNTails said:
can i has skin and stuff to play?

Please, I am not asking for a sarcastic reply. I am a reasonable guy, and I want to know what I should do, or if anything can be arranged.

And, did you read both posts? I simply want to know what your thoughts were.

Actually, I wasn't being sarcastic. Could I try out the tails skin you made? I want to see it. What's it run on, skulltag, Zdoom, or what?

Ok then, it is hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic or not.... Damn internet. Let me link you to Beta9 of SMMP10, which has the Tails Player class. It is far from complete, and I just recently finished re-doing the HUD weapon sprites to conflict less with the weapon's shading in the upcoming beta10.

EDIT: I almost forgot, it runs in the latest version of Skulltag.
Also, just to let you know, it will be a lot more complete in Beta10, as
Some of the abilities mentioned in the comment above, are not in Beta9.
Like, combining weapons, and such. I hope to implement Spin-Dash sometime soon.

SMMP is the Shadow Mavericks clan official WAD(Well, PK3 in reality), and clan members have contributed their own Maps, and 2 weapons over time.

I am the leader of the project, and am the sole person working on the WAD's Code, lump management, and HQ map in it's entirety. I have made a few DM maps, and one of them was a Collaborative effort between Kunai and I.

SMMP Stands for "Shadow Mavericks Multi-Purpose" as lame as it may sound, it has a whole new arsenal of weapons, maps(CTF,DM,Coop,Duel), powerups, Humorous Inventory items, etc.

Note: There is a bug in ST in which if you play as the Tails class, and your skin wasn't set to Base beforehand, Tails' voice would sound like the skin you have selected before, though still looks like Tails.

There is a Tails bot, and it has some chat lines giving almost a sort of backstory intertwining him somewhat with the Doom storyline, I did it for the heck of it. And yes, he does have a huge crush on Amy Rose, I must point that out. xD. As for the sonic bot, I have yet to re-do his chat lump, I think I made it a bit too full of attitude and vulgarity, though it could explain why he is in so many hentai pics lingering around the Net (laughs).

http://shadowmavericks.nightforum.n...ad-10-beta9-hotfix-2-yeh-another-one-t100.htm

Sorry for the bump/double post, I am just letting you know that the link is now there, and ready to look at. The file is large, being 30mb+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back