PowerPuff Girls Z

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Bump I know, but with information that adds to the topic!)

So leik, it appears that the PPGZ English Dub will be coming to the US this fall. To this I say: Yayzorz

Episode 26 was awesome, indeed. :3

The show is awesome, I've watched up tell episode 36 and like Draykon, I can't wait for new subs. ^_^

Draykon said:
So leik, it appears that the PPGZ English Dub will be coming to the US this fall. To this I say: Yayzorz

I sure hope to god that they get GOOD voice actors.

I read on Wikipedia that there will be a group called the Ocean Group that's done voice acting for english dubs for animes such as Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Naruto and some others.

BlazingPhoenix said:
I read on Wikipedia that there will be a group called the Ocean Group that's done voice acting for english dubs for animes such as Ranma 1/2, Inuyasha, Naruto and some others.

You are CORRECT sir!

But there are bad features to Ocean Group, They don't have the talent or resources that some of the other studios have. They have a few decent voices like Brian Drummond and Chantal Strand, but that's about it. Ocean is a rather closed VA group as opposed to the more popular studios like Studiopolis or Bang Zoom! who have a more "open door" policy with regard to unionized VAs. Ocean works with what they have, they are unlikely to bring in an outside voice for a part.

Also, for some reason, Cartoon Network is actually giving this show a proper dub. A lot of the shows (Cartoon Cartoons and Originals) that air on CN feature talent from all over North America and rarely by an organized effort of a well-known VA group.

All of the anime on CN (through CN or its anime blocks) have their North American dubbing and release handled by the licensor with almost zero input from CN. It's Turner Broadcasting that does all the talking and all they can really do is make recommendations to fit the show into a certain a rating or to comply with network standards and practices for censorship.

Anyway, the fact that Ocean is doing the dub tells us 2 things.

1. CN sublicensed the show to a somewhat dignified VA group for ADR (automated dialogue replacement).

2. The dub could've been handled a lot worse. The VA talent could've been filled by some run-of-the-mill cast with the ADR done at Cartoon Network Studios.

But don't expect much from any Ocean dub other than forced voices and bad accents. (DBZ was no exception)

Good lord. I watched that and terribly disliked it. PPGZ, theres just something about it that I can't stand. I'd honestly would rather watch something on Disney, or some other little kids channel than this. What has this forum come to?

Sonow Hakura said:
Good lord. I watched that and terribly disliked it. PPGZ, theres just something about it that I can't stand. I'd honestly would rather watch something on Disney, or some other little kids channel than this. What has this forum come to?
Not everybody likes the same things as you do.
Like, some of us think Naruto should go to hell. Some of you worship it. See?

Now now, he's entitled to his own opinion...

I'LL HOLD HIM DOWN! *shot*

Although, in all seriousness, I would like to know just what it is that you don't like about it. Bear in mind that it's more of a comedy than an action.

((Also Offtopic: What's wrong with Disney made stuff?))

Draykon said:
((Also Offtopic: What's wrong with Disney made stuff?))
  • (Absolutely offtopic:Absolutely nothing is wrong with Disney made stuff in my opinion......heck! They made the Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy for Pete's sake! Then there's Narnia and Teribithia......)
In my opinion this show is both interesting and completely horrendous...... You do not, DO NOT mess with an American made show! You do not turn it Japanese! It turns into a chaotic war over which version is better! The Japanese use TOO MUCH profanity, pointless transformation sequences, and go way too overegajerated in basically everything. This is a completely horrendous and yet quite interesting version of the Power Puff Girls. My point in overegajeration is proven by many differences including that the girls are much older than they were in the original. I mean, they're basically in Jr. High!

Pepe said:
Sonow Hakura said:
Not everybody likes the same things as you do.
Like, some of us think Naruto should go to hell. Some of you worship it. See?
How did Naruto get in this? I never said that everyone should hate this, I only said that I hated it. And what I ment by the Disney thing was that I was saying that I would rather watch some other childish show such as Lilo & Stitch or something like that. I wasn't assuming that all Disney stuff is bad. (Or was I?)

Now, let's try not to turn this into another one of those "PPGZ vs Naruto" things.

But Sonow, you've still neglected to answer my question. Just what is it you don't like about PPGZ? Or are you just biased against it? Have you even seen an episode?

The first few episodes were kinda confusing when I first saw them....and a bit pathetic too. Eating ice cream with Mojo Jojo. And how'd they get those clothes? Since when does a creature get new clothes if its undergoing a mutation?

I suppose PPGZ is decent, but not so great that it could become this popular in the SRB2 community.

Draykon said:
But Sonow, you've still neglected to answer my question. Just what is it you don't like about PPGZ? Or are you just biased against it? Have you even seen an episode?

Sonow Hakura said:
Good lord. I watched that and terribly disliked it.
I already said I couldn't put my finger on what I didn't like about it. Its just not good to me. And the name isn't too creative, coping DBZ are we? Whats next? PPGGT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back