• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Radiant Way v. 0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
New screenies, to tide y'all over:

Here is your beginning...

I love me some slopes.

I've been caught *suicide*

This level is going to have a lot of sector-based scenery.

Oh yeah, and this is Zone 2.

I really wish you would show screenshots of what it looks like in normal Srb2, since I don't have Dash's World, but it looks nice all the same.

I said this a million times before, what's another million?

I use Dash's world because it runs OpenGL. The original exe lags like hell. I will, however, post screenshots in srb2win, since you suggested. come to think of it, I haven't even really tested this in Software.

I play in openGL in srb2win, just so you know, Dash's world just doesn't show what your going to see in normal Srb2.

Ooo..it's a pretty room.

Don't forget to join the Radiant Way channel on EsperNet. It's always up (though I'm not always in it), and I'm more than willing to discuss Radiant Way with you.

EDIT: November 24, 2008:

Sorry for the quadruple post, but I have some good and bad news regarding the process of Radiant Way:

First, the good news: I am currently borrowing my dad's laptop for upstairs use, meaning I can be on even after my mom goes to sleep. Which is awesome. Now for the bad news...

The laptop runs on Vista. ******* Vista, At this point, I haven't even been able to load srb2.srb into SRB2DB without it crashing. So, so much for getting Radiant Way done quicker. If anyone wants to help me out with my problem, I kindly appreciate your help.

Also, news regarding the actual mod. I started Beach Factory (Zone 2) quite some time ago, I've finished the layout for Act 1, and Zone 2 and the Max speed zone are in the works.

Also, this is now a Dash's World only mod, which is accompanied mostly by the fact that it uses sector and linedef effects that are DW-only effects, and that it also uses textures that are DW exclusive, too. Since most of the features of Dash's World were shown off in the 1.1 promo vid, however, it's evident that I might port it over to 1.1 when it comes out. Texture replacements aren't that hard, just tedious.

Anyway, that wraps up this post, expect RW 0.2 to come out in, maybe, Feburary '09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back