Suggestions

A scope sounds cool, but as Mystic said, it'd be overpowered. Maybe make the rail effected by gravity?

A scope sounds cool, but as Mystic said, it'd be overpowered. Maybe make the rail effected by gravity?
I'm pretty sure that gravity-affected Rail Rings would be incredibly annoying to manage, and wouldn't make much sense to the player and would add an unnecessary learning curve.
It should just be kept as it is. It's fine.

I was talking about the easter eggs
A unlockable or a option to turn it on. Back on that get xmas mode again! Also when are there gonna be good city textures?

Back on that get xmas mode again!
Weren't we over this already? Levels like Arid Canyon and Red Volcano would just look stupid in a snow theme, and the whole thing would consume a lot of time that is better spent creating new levels.

Also when are there gonna be good city textures?
When Dark City Zone gets made ans uses them, I assume. That will take a while however.

Seriously, use logical sence people, adding a scope would only allow you to see far enemies better, it does not give power to the Rail Ring at all, one can still see enemies that are away and hit them without the scope, the only thing having a scope would ever do is to geive you a more accurate shot, what is ¨Insanely Overpowered¨ in having a scope?

No not like actual power but like itll make the weapon more....common. dont know how to explain it but... its like making the weapon better than it already is. I mean duh you can see enemies closer with a better hit ratio. I mean if there was such a thing as adding more power to a rail ring then it would be like giving the hulk steroids.

Seriously, use logical sence people, adding a scope would only allow you to see far enemies better, it does not give power to the Rail Ring at all, one can still see enemies that are away and hit them without the scope, the only thing having a scope would ever do is to geive you a more accurate shot, what is ¨Insanely Overpowered¨ in having a scope?

It makes it even easier to hit with something that travels faster than light. It's already easy enough to hit people with it, we don't need it becoming a beginner's weapon.

---------- Post added at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

That said, suggestion time.
This will probably never happen, but :< I want at least one more playable character in Vanilla SRB2. IMO there just isn't enough variety with Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

Allow the rail ring have a higher chance of ricocet off of people and most surfaces. Here's an example of what I mean: Sonic's speeding towards a base in CPZ and sees a Tails and a Knux racing towards him (Tails is flying above the Knux just a few feet away). Sonic equips his rail and shoots it at the Knux downwards after jumping and the rail bounces off him and knocks him back far as usual then hits Tails too, due to perfect trajectory + accuracy. You know what I mean. (No kind of auto-aiming allowed for such a feature.)

Last edited:
OR allow the rail ring have a higher chance of ricocet off of people and most surfaces. Here's an example of what I mean: Sonic's speeding towards a base in CPZ and sees a Tails and a Knux racing towards him. Sonic equips his rail and shoots it at the Knux a certain way and the rail goes through him and hits Tails too, due to perfect trajectory + accuracy. Toasty. :3 (No kind of auto-aiming allowed for such a feature.)
...what
Blade was giving a suggestion to make the rail ring weaker, not stronger. Also, that's way too overpowered.

Probably uncode-able but:
Where Egg Rock Zone has switching gravity, would that work along the walls too? (in other words, gravity going sideways)

Also, wouldn't it be possible to use a combination of gravity switching and very precise sector heights to create a near-perfectly functioning loop as seen in the 2D games?

...what
Blade was giving a suggestion to make the rail ring weaker, not stronger. Also, that's way too overpowered.
TECHNICALLY being affected by gravity is a positive if you can aim it, as you can lob over walls. The only thing it would make impossible is long distance shots with a low ceiling, which don't really exist in SRB2...

True, but that would be very hard to pull off. Being effected by gravity would also make sniping Tails players a lot harder, most likely.

I want a rail that automatically pathfinds its way directly into every person and shoots right though them, therefore insta-killing them. :D

Actually, why not bring back the "World of Pain"? If you obtain max ammo for every weapon apart from Red Ring, you get an extra panel in your menu, the World of Pain(idk what symbol it could be. Maybe like an explosion or something.) with an ammo count of 1. Use it to unleash a nuke the size of what 1.x's nuke was.

I has a suggestion. How about a Sayto key, like there's a Say key and a Sayteam key? It would work like this:

Press (SAYTO), and "Sayto:" will come up. Enter the name of who you wanna sayto (Node or name) to and then press SPACE. "Sayto: Garee " Then type your message. "Sayto: Garee Hello!"
Also, if possible, if you just recieved a SAYTO from someone, have the default reply to be the person who sent the last SAYTO TO you.

Eg: Player1 SAYTOs to Player2
Player2 presses (SAYTO), and automatically, the name is in SAYTO. Player2 can press BACKSPACE if he does not want to SAYTO Player1. "Sayto: Player1 "

...And one more, could the default SAYTO if not over-ridden by the previous statement, go to the person you last SAYTO'd to?

Eg: Player1 SAYTOs to Player2.
Player1 presses (SAYTO), "Sayto: Player2 "

Sorry if it's too confusing. :3

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back