• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 Heroes (slooowly progressing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beta wads, Of course, I am right Batistadx4?

There really no "easy" jobs in a mod, and if there were any, the dev would do it with no problem. At least that is how I see it.

Oops, sorry about that, Virt. The thing with that is that some people ask me to join, and only some of them actually do anything. A couple of volunteers don't even show any progress, so I don't usually add the members to the first post right away.

In other news, every once in a while, I feel like re-doing - yet again - Frog Forest, or Lost Jungle, (now that I have some time), but every time I try to start, I remember that I probably won't go far until rails are made. So expect the next creation to be the rail system. I don't know how long that'll take, though.

About Rails: Would it be possible to make a new frame with rotations and everything for all three characters? If not, then you could replace the hanging animation--- oh, wait. But that you couldn't have the vines with the giant crocodile/alligator thing. Argh.

Most likely, the character sprites will... Wait nuts... We can't just add a new frame of animation. I mean... I don't think we do. It's been a while since I SOC'd.
I think that a good idea might be to check out how it's made in SRB2 Riders. If there's just no good way to do it, then screw it. Some levels have already been made without rails.
I'm just scared to think about how Rail Canyon will end up rail-less...

Most likely, the character sprites will... Wait nuts... We can't just add a new frame of animation. I mean... I don't think we do. It's been a while since I SOC'd.
I think that a good idea might be to check out how it's made in SRB2 Riders. If there's just no good way to do it, then screw it. Some levels have already been made without rails.
I think SRB2Riders used zoom-tubes but modified. You couldn't control yourself anyways. Still, you could add new frames by source and ask CZ64 for permission to modify the rider sprites to make grinding sprites. Although you would need to code the grinding anyways.

I just thought of something. Could we possibly transform the character you're playing into another character not shown on the character select screen that has grinding frames instead of spinning?

Maybe train based instead of rail based? That' what I was thinking...
Instead of thinking of the level, think of what it's based around. For example, I was thinking there could by a highway like those pathways in Grand Metropolis. There are no highways, but just to spice it up.

Isn't Lost Jungle supposed to be "dark"?
Yeah, I think it has a forest roof. My SH knowledge is fading now that I don't have the PS2 anymore.

Also, there was a scrapped project on the WADbase that I made MIDIs for. I don't have them anymore, but if you want I can make more.

Actually, it doesn't. Just a small canopy at the start around the edges of the level. But it's close to the water and the canopy areas are out far away of reach until near the end of the level. There could be some cool canopy tricks you could do in some areas, but I don't think anyone would be bothered.

Hey I may be able to help with sprites. I have a wad in developement. Also my older bro, Shawnthesponge is nearly done with the egg levels and should have them ready for Saturday. He did say however that he will be back soon. Also, I want to know how do you make it what it is that lets you switch characters.

Ok, about the grinding sprites, they maybe aren't as tough as I initially thought. I mean, SOCcing extra sprites is easy. As for creating the sprites, we don't exactly need to use CZ64's.
1) Grab stopped "facing sideways" sprite.
2) Copy-paste stopped "facing front" sprite's head.

Werehog, to switch characters, press 1, 2 and 3 in-game. As for having the level switch characters... no. One of the annoying things about SH was switching character gates. Here I am, all happy using Knuckles (for instance) and, while the next part is slightly easier with Sonic, it's still easy with Knuckles. So I want to keep using him. And then a GATE appears, completely bypassing my choice.
The only time the gates are useful is when the next part mandatory requires a certain character and you don't have the reflexes to change to it before reaching it.

Doesn't look right...

Ok, about the grinding sprites, they maybe aren't as tough as I initially thought. I mean, SOCcing extra sprites is easy. As for creating the sprites, we don't exactly need to use CZ64's.
1) Grab stopped "facing sideways" sprite.
2) Copy-paste stopped "facing front" sprite's head.

@ Bold Text

It doesn't exactly look right, Sonic usually crouches or something.

You mean like this?
mightygrinding.png

Yeah, it's just custom Dr.Pepper sprites just messed around a bit to use SRB2Riders sprites (hands) and look like he's sliding. Yes, I was using this for MightyRider. -.-

-facepalm- Sorry guys! I comepletely forgot about this and I haven't even done one graphic yet! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back