Minecraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
MC is okay. I might purchase it if 1.8's Adventure Mode looks good.
You might as well wait for it to go out of beta (unless these two things happen at the same time) due to the new policy of making you pay for subsequent major updates if you didn't buy during alpha

To answer the topic's question, It's because the way the entire game gives you a lot of potential in how you play. You could make your world anyway you want if you have enough time; And with mods and texture packs, you can always change the game you see fit, So if you feel the normal package isn't good enough for you, you can always get more out of Minecraft with SMP Servers and more.

Mystic said:
Endermen

-snip-

Oh. My. God. That thing. It picks up blocks, warps, and bears obvious resemblances to Slenderman. I don't know what to be more concerned about, the fact it will warp if I look away, or the fact it can pick up blocks, meaning it could tear into my house, the one thing I assume I could be safe in.

But yea, Because of all the content, mods, and because the game is pretty open ended; I'm sure that's what makes the game popular.

but still, looking forward to fighting an endermen group...if that is even possible to survive.

Excuse me, I've not played Minecraft. I take it that these are Endermen?

Geez, not only did the name sound like it was missing two letters they even look like they deserve the name Slendermen.

Makes me wonder why people find Creepers that much scarier than these guys. Besides the blowing up all of your assets thing.
It's been said that the Endermen name is a spinoff of Slendermen.

EDIT: Why are we discussing on Minecraft and not its popularity on this thread? Anyone wanna bump the Minecraft thread? Aaaaanyone at all?

Last edited:
It's been said that the Endermen name is a spinoff of Slendermen.

EDIT: Why are we discussing on Minecraft and not its popularity on this thread? Anyone wanna bump the Minecraft thread? Aaaaanyone at all?
There are like 4 Minecraft threads. Since this one is active, I guess we could discuss Minecraft in this thread.

Meh, I pirated it and it came with an auto updater. It's a great game honestly, but it isn't much fun playing alone, surviving with a full team really looks fun and I look forward to trying it.

It's only, like, $14.

Why go though all the trouble to pirate it and find an updater when you can simply just pay not even $20 and buy it?

It's only, like, $14.

Why go though all the trouble to pirate it and find an updater when you can simply just pay not even $20 and buy it?
Simple, because I didn't go through any trouble at all pirating it. Google turned up a mediafire result with an auto updater and multiplayer support. So basically:
1. Download
2. Run
3. ???
PROFIT!

Hey guys! I found this game that some developer made! He really put his all into it, making it a fun, imaginative game. What's best is that he is an independent developer, who understands things down from our level, so he hasn't marked it up an extra $50 like Nintendo or Sony would. Let's go steal the game! We're so awesome!

Hey guys! I found this game that some developer made! He really put his all into it, making it a fun, imaginative game. What's best is that he is an independent developer, who understands things down from our level, so he hasn't marked it up an extra $50 like Nintendo or Sony would. Let's go steal the game! We're so awesome!
That's the internet for ya.
Besides, without getting this as a gift from my cousin, I could've never get this game. Not all parents trust their PayPal/Mastercard with other websites.

I already said, my friend hacked Minecraft just fine and he could join my cousin's server properly. The only thing he couldn't do was change skin, not that of a big deal.

Seeing as you want to know why Minecraft is popular and you only want interesting screenshots...
Minecraft-Snivy.PNG

You can do something like this, although if your going to do it legit, then good luck to you. Pixel Art is fun to do sometimes, but finding the right blocks to do so without using a texture pack is sometimes difficult.

There's also building houses, strongholds inside huge mountains if you got a good world seed, in other words... it's fun, and you can get creative if you have the right blocks to do so.

I bought Minecraft during Alpha, which I think at the time was $10. Was I disappointed with the purchase? One word... NOPE.

Trust me... you will not be disappointed once you play the bought version.

Anyway... about World Seeds... they set up the terrian and stuff when you make a new world, and if you can get the right seed...
Minecraftworld1.png

You can have a area with loads of Mountains, which is perfect for building a stronghold in. The Mountain that you can see on the left is VERY big and tall, about near the sky where you can't place anymore blocks if you go too far up. It just BEGS for something to be put in there.

There are many seeds out there that you can use, so better get to typing.
-----
Anyway... I still wonder what the Endermen will do, I see it can pick up blocks, but do they use them as a weapon by throwing them at you? Or do they pick them up and run off with them? Or... build when a chunk loads? In other worlds... I'm very interested in the Sky Dimensions that is suppose to come out for Minecraft.

Last edited:
I'm more intrested in the Aether mod becoming available to SMP rather than the Sky Dimensions... besides that in the Adventure Update content list, the Sky Dimensions don't make an appearance. Also Notch explains the behavior of the Enderman on his website thingie.

Minecraft is a bit different as this "Indie" developer has millions of dollars in profits.
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/1121596044/how-piracy-works
Just a fun article on Notch's stance on piracy. At least you don't get access to all the features in Minecraft by pirating it. You have to buy it and have an account to access online and other stuff.
I know all about Notch's millions of dollars and stance on piracy, but it's still pretty low to pirate indie games regardless. :P That's what I was getting at.

"That's a nice Minecraft topic you have there... it would be shame something happened to it..."

Minecraft is probably popular, because it's possible to do anything in it! ...maybe except fucking spheres. Be creative, you could build towers, houses, castles, minecart trails and probably much more. Anyway, I'll just leave this here...

PS: No, I'm not going to put that Creeper line in every my post, it's sig for it. In CD's thread, it was just for fun.

I find that I have to agree with the OP here. Minecraft is fun for about 2 hours, then it gets boring rapidly. All this promise that the Adventure update will make it more fun, but I honestly can't see it making anything better. The graphics are fine but I think that there should be more quality texture packs that are in true HD.

Plus people get really butthurt. One time I was on a server with some guys and I digged around his house(I was going to place the blocks back). I found some red stuff on blocks(at the time I didn't know what redstone was) and he was getting super mad, saying I raided his house. He then got the server owner to protect his house; now I can't even get in his house without permission(Which frankly he'll never do since he doesn't like me, I think). Everybody else got really paranoid and they got the server owner to protect their houses too. So now I can't go into a single house without permission, and when I do enter a house they troll me to death by keeping me inside the house. It's really frustrating and it's why I don't like the community, along with their constant proposal of Minecraft being the best game to ever exist on PCs.

What's best about that issue is that it took nearly 2 hours before the server owner protected my house, which is useless because everyone on the server except me is admin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back