Duplicate Light blocks get flashy when it's stormy and the control sector has F_SKY1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katmint

‫‬‭‮‪‫‬‭‮
When weather is set to 1, light blocks or half-light blocks with a control sector that has F_SKY1 will have lightning flashing inside them even if the surrounding area is indoors.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe this has to do with how the lighting of all sectors with F_SKY1 as a ceiling is modified by the weather code. Wouldn't it be easier to just make the control sector not have F_SKY1 as a ceiling flat? Is there a specific reason you need it to have F_SKY1? This actually might be a nifty effect to hold onto, provided somebody can figure out how to best use it.

Last edited:
There's no reason I know of to put the ceiling as F_SKY1 instead of a normal flat, but I figured it's not supposed to do that so it can't hurt reporting it.

Sounds like something that could be useful to me as well, yeah - not something that needs to be fixed.

Also, I've known that F_SKY1 has odd effects like that on *any* FOF control sector, even ones that don't show flats - so really, the best way to stop that "problem" is to not use F_SKY1 for them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back