Won't Fix Light blocks with sky flats behave strangely...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawfulfan

The Tortured Planet guy
If you give a Light Block or a Half Light Block the F_SKY1 flats, and the level has a thunderstorm effect, the Light Blocks will flash every time lightning strikes. Not a huge glitch, and one with an easy workaround; just something I thought I'd bring to everyone's attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't a bug, and it's pretty obvious...

When a sector has the sky for a ceiling, it means it's an outdoor section, so it should get affected by the lightning's flash. The flash works by temporarily changing the light level of the sector, so of course any light blocks which are using this light level get affected.

Dude, light blocks that flash lightning sounds pretty awesome. I should really make a storm level soon.

This isn't a bug, and it's pretty obvious...

When a sector has the sky for a ceiling, it means it's an outdoor section, so it should get affected by the lightning's flash. The flash works by temporarily changing the light level of the sector, so of course any light blocks which are using this light level get affected.

Well, when you put it that way, it does make total sense.

Like you said, if the sky is the ceiling, this effect should be expected.

I probably should have thought that one through. Why did I think that was a bug? *facepalm*

What situation would you possibly want to use a sky flat on a FOF, anyway??

When I'm editing, I leave my sector settings at default unless I've changed them so I know which variables I'm actually using. I have sky set as my default, and I don't generally think about changing flats on a light block 'cause they're not even rendered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back