President Obama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

He won,do you think he's going to be a good president?
Is he going to fix Bushs mistakes?

Also this is not HOW DO I JUMP,heres an excuse why its here.
"I don't want obosasj bama won111!!!"

To be honest, I would have chosen neither. Both their plans have some problems that need fixing, but Obama is a leader that will actually listen to the people's needs, so he'll learn from mistakes (if he makes any).
It's obvious to people that know me know why I definately would not have chosen McCain (on death's door, is war-crazy, is hellbent on making the working class of America carry a heavier load/burden of society while the people already out on the streets suffer, ect, IMO).
But regardless...
whuu

Oh and what do you suppose will happen to the prices that those who make that much set? They're going to change to reflect the new expenses they have to pay. This in turn will make things more expensive.

Here's what I wrote on the skulltag forums before the final decision happened: They are both horrible, however, I believe they're both gonna die in the office anyway; Obama: a black president- that's just a death sentence, McCain: he's as old as hell. If it passes on to their VPs, then I would rather be stuck with Biden over Palin anyday.
So yea, I would pick Obama.

That about sums up my opinion.

glaber said:
Oh and what do you suppose will happen to the prices that those who make that much set? They're going to change to reflect the new expenses they have to pay. This in turn will make things more expensive.

I think you are referring to the taxes set upon businesses. I was referring to the taxes on individuals. Also, taxes upon individuals do not necessarily affect the market value of products. It may affect individual spending, but the vast majority of spending is done by the vast majority of individuals, who are the ones receiving a tax break.

In other words, your argument holds no water, please try again.

Either way, we'd probably end up with a vice president anyway. Barack Obama's a black president, so, yeah, that's basically callin' out assassination. McCain, if he had won, he'd probably get so excited he'd have a stroke and fall straight dead. I'd rather have Obama, since he's not going to do the same mess Bush did like McCain was going to do.

(I believe I've now recovered from the day of the Election, didn't expect to get so exasperated by the tension)

I was hoping McCain would win, but the time for debating between him and Obama is over... what comes next is just to be patient and try to help your country without trying to spread the hate. Having a problem with Obama's plans as they are executed (and I believe that execution is almost always different than the campaign promises, I don't expect a radical here) is not a problem unless you use that opinion to make things worse.

And for those who are despairing because of the Democratic control, I bet that it won't be two terms before we get tired of one mindset and choose another. History repeats itself and blahblah...

This man will now be the American President, and all respect due to the Nation's leader is now due to him. I know we have problems with respecting the executive leader (how many Bush-whackers do we have here?), but even if they mess up they still deserve respect for trying. And remember that this is *still* a democracy, meaning that the congress and similar organizations of authority have an impact on the government of our nation.

I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm not devastated that he won, Palin can always run for President herself next time around. The Congress can almost always override his decisions if it's too extreme, and can impeach him if he screws up.
Also, if he continues to force Secret servicemen to hide behind him instead of actually being present for his protection, he's just a walking target. I can easily see another historical presidential assassination happening all over again.

Dr.Pepper said:
I didn't vote for Obama, but I'm not devastated that he won, Palin can always run for President herself next time around. We can always impeach Obama if he screws up, or fails to keep most of the promises that got him in the White House in the first place.
Also, if he continues to force Secret servicemen to hide behind him instead of actually being present for his protection, he's just a walking target. I can easily see another historical presidential assassination happening all over again.
Hopefully we wont have another JFK incident

I stayed up to watch the progress, around 10:00 CST, they announced that California had given him the win. When they said that Obama has won, it felt like my head had popped off and flown away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back